• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Took 2 4mg Ativan pills now making me feel like theres something in the room watching me

Lorazepam has a higher tendency to cause "paradoxical effects". These can include hallucinations and paranoia. I have known 2 people personally that have this reaction to Ativan.

It is definitely odd that this happens though. I know many drugs can cause paradoxical reactions but for some reason this benzo has caused more of this type of effect than any other, with alprazolam being in 2nd place.

Maybe it is not the Ativan that is to blame (because seriously: that's the first thing I've read/heard about that kind of effect).

...Maybe there's really someone masturbating in the corner of the room while you're popping Lorazepam? Have you checked your room/appartment/house thouroughly?

Had a horrible experience taking 10 2mg lorazepam, almost died. No fun to be had with megadosin 2 or 3 at most please d

Lorazepam has a higher tendency to cause "paradoxical effects". These can include hallucinations and paranoia. I have known 2 people personally that have this reaction to Ativan.

It is definitely odd that this happens though. I know many drugs can cause paradoxical reactions but for some reason this benzo has caused more of this type of effect than any other, with alprazolam being in 2nd place.

I'll just add that in my anecdotal experience Lorazepam for me personally also causes paradoxical symptoms. (n) When I was young & reckless I experienced a gamut of strange effects from Lorazepam. In my case most commonly I'd experience rage. At times hallucinations.
I have not experienced these effects from other benzos. Something about lorazepam seems to make it more prone to this wide range of reactions. Again this is just anecdotal. Based on my own experiences & that of those I've interacted with; that is.

Last edited:
Popped 2 Ativan pills 4mg each feel calm and fluffy . Slightly blurry vision.
But anyone else get a ghostly presence in the room when taking this drug?..
I think I'm going to quit Ativan.
Last week I also had a bad experience but I will post that on trip report.
Anyone here think Ativan is a good drug?.

Benzos react in people differently, just relax, it gets out of your system fast.
Ativan’s my favorite, to me it’s super relaxing and can be used safer with other drugs than say xanax.