• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Took 1 Wellbutrin - having SERIOUS problems

Here is the background to this story.

At work one day, I told one of my coworkers that I was tired and didn't want to work today, and he proceded to give me a 'happy' pill. He said, "here, this will help you out". He then told me that it was a Wellbutrin pill. I was aware that Wellbutrin is a anti-depressants, and anti-depressants usually take around 30 days to kick in the 'happy' feeling. I dismissed the pill, and put it in my wallet incase I needed it for something.

It has now been two weeks since that day. Today at work there was nothing to do, and I explained to another coworker about how I thought it was funny that the other coworker had given me a 'happy' pill. Since we were really bored and I didn't think that I would have any negative effects from 1 pill, I ate the pill.

Later that day, about an hour before I was scheduled to leave, my manager approached me. She asked me, "Is everything OK?". I thought this was a very weird question to ask at the time, as I thought that I had been acting perfectly normal and everything was going like it always had. She just came up to me and asked it, for no apparent reason. About 10 minutes later, another manager came up to me and said I could leave early.

After work, I looked in the mirror, and noticed that my pupils were HUGE. Like if you looked at me you would probably think that I was obviously tripping on shrooms or acid. I put two and two together, and realized that my manager had probably asked me if I was OK because my pupils were the size of golf balls and it was very noticeable. After work, I also started to have this strange feeling. Everything just seems weird, and I have this sense that something bad is going to happen to me soon. I've never felt like this before, and it's really creeping me out.

Do some people just have bad reactions to Wellbutrin or something? I'm just really freaking out, this is not looking good for me..

A couple of things I wanted to share about your summary:
1) be careful when someone tells you something and you pass this further, they might think you are a gossiper or can´t be discreet. Maybe this person did not want to be identified but only trying to help you. Now every one knows. You could have asked him/her instead. Just a suggestion.
2) When I have anxiety in general, my pupils become very large. Other feelings that you might have experienced that day may have triggered personal discomfort and that can also cause this ime.
I believe you would feel better if you wouldn´t waste your time trying to figure what other people might be thinking of you. This can be amplified and most of the times what we think it´s true isn´t really that bad. Maybe it was a situation where you were anxious and they wanted to give you a break.
Or anything else. You will never know unless you ask them. But since we don´t ask around these things unless your are friends with this or that person. I would let it go.

Well were ever that is listed is wrong.

Sorry I meant this is what I think. That the quote above is not accurate imo.
I mean welbutrin should have no effect on serotonin, just like what f33lg00d had mentioned.

i felt the SAME way on wellbutrin, i quit taking that shit after about 2 weeks. i would be at work and about 5 hours after taking it i would just feel like the world was about to end or something bad was about to happen (AKA VERY anxious). it sucked

also i felt like another person said, like i was dissociated from myself or the world in general. terrible feeling. took me a while to realize it was the wellbutrin (because I had been going through a very depressed stage then), but once i did i finally tossed it. i recommend throwing the shit in the garbage. i have a friend on it, its good for some people but i personally think its terrible.