• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Too Many DMT Choices! Need Help!

Be aware that Acacia confusa root bark contains a high proportion of NMT in addition to DMT. You may have a harder time obtaining crystals than from Mimosa hostilis, if that matters to you, and the high has been reported to be subjectively different (NMT is psychoactive alone).

Shulgin reports in TIHKAL NMT freebase is white and readily forms crystals.

Alexander Shulgin in TIHKAL said:
N-methyltryptamine [is] a white oil that spontaneously set up to white crystals of the free base. These rapidly darkened on exposure to air. The infra-red spectral fingerprint was (in cm-1): 740, 1018, 1103, 1132, 1161. The literature mp is 90 °C*.

The goo is probably caused because of the presence of some other unidentified impurity. The toxicity or lack of toxicity of this impurity is currently unknown. Also, removing residual solvent from the goo is probably impossible with kitchen chemistry. Smoking goo containing solvents could result in inhaled flames and/or health problems.

*No link, the version of TIHKAL I found using Google contains synthesis discussion.

Last edited:
Shulgin reports in TIHKAL NMT freebase is white and readily forms crystals.

The goo is probably caused because of the presence of some other unidentified impurity. The toxicity or lack of toxicity of this impurity is currently unknown. Also, removing residual solvent from the goo is probably impossible with kitchen chemistry. Naphtha is carcinogenic. Smoking goo containing solvents could result in inhaled flames and increased risk of cancer.

*No link, the version of TIHKAL I found using Google contains synthesis discussion.

So let me see if I'm understanding this. The NMT itself forms crystals easily, however there's an unknown substance that makes it harder to form those crystals? If I'm wrong please correct me.

Anyways, continuing on to the purifying. I was thinking about doing 5 pulls. Would this help any?

I think nmt has no activity. I also think acacia extracts are about 40% nmt or something. It does pull a good amount more crystals then mimosa, but mimosa isn't supposed to be heavy on nmt. It seems the difference is in how much acacia spice vs mimosa spice to smoke. I know nmt can be separated although not sure how.

I think nmt has no activity. I also think acacia extracts are about 40% nmt or something. It does pull a good amount more crystals then mimosa, but mimosa isn't supposed to be heavy on nmt. It seems the difference is in how much acacia spice vs mimosa spice to smoke. I know nmt can be separated although not sure how.

Interesting. I really do love all this knowledge. I don't believe I'm going to be removing the NMT however as I heard it's what makes the Acacia Confusa extracts really soothing instead of a rocket ship like Mimosa Hostilis.

On a side note, since there's not a lot of teks regarding Dried Chacruna Leaves. What Tek should I use? The STB or the A/B and how would I go about doing that?

Last edited:
A/B with defat step or something. As I mentioned extracting from leaf is more challenging because of the clorophyll and other plant fats that must be removed

A/B with defat step or something. As I mentioned extracting from leaf is more challenging because of the clorophyll and other plant fats that must be removed

Alright, thank you. As I stated earlier I'm just trying to explore all of my DMT options. Are there any plants we've missed or haven't mentioned?

TacoDude said:
I think nmt has no activity.

NMT is psychoactive.

MainStream said:
On a side note, since there's not a lot of teks regarding Dried Chacruna Leaves. What Tek should I use? The STB or the A/B and how would I go about doing that?

These leaves have relatively low alkaloid content, the standard techniques will probably yield sludge, and sometimes the plants get grown in green houses and could contain harmful fertilizers or whatever chemicals the plants got fed.

Unless you have formal chemistry training you should avoid deviating from the throughly documented techniques and starting materials.

MainStream said:
The NMT itself forms crystals easily, however there's an unknown substance that makes it harder to form those crystals?

Yes.

MainStream,
Most of your questions are answered here: http://www.wiki.dmt-nexus.me/FAQ. Read this FAQ, in particular the part about legality. Then, focus on something else a week. If after the week period is over you maintain interest then move forward with your plans. Consciously avoid the mistake of manufacturing schedule I drugs on impulse.

NMT is psychoactive.

These leaves have relatively low alkaloid content, the standard techniques will probably yield sludge, and sometimes the plants get grown in green houses and could contain harmful fertilizers or whatever chemicals the plants got fed.

Unless you have formal chemistry training you should avoid deviating from the throughly documented techniques and starting materials.

Yes.

MainStream,
Most of your questions are answered here: http://www.wiki.dmt-nexus.me/FAQ. Read this FAQ, in particular the part about legality. Then, focus on something else a week. If after the week period is over you maintain interest then move forward with your plans. Consciously avoid the mistake of manufacturing schedule I drugs on impulse.

Alright. Will do. It's been well over a week since I started planning everything and doing research, but if you think I should wait another week I will. Also, thank you for the many responses. I'll give it a week and think it over. I love chemistry and have some knowledge, just not like this.