View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Too Many DMT Choices! Need Help!

MainStream

Greenlighter
Hello, my friend wanted to make some DMT. However there were wya too many choices and he would like someone to help clarify everything. He wants to know the effects of each one if they differ any from regular DMT and which is the most potent.

Should he go with:

Acacia Confusa Bark
Yellow Caapi Vine
Dried Chacruna Leaves

Acacia will be easier than chacruna.
Caapi doesnt contain dmt, i think it has harmine and tetrahydroharmine

If you can get hold of it where you live, Mimosa Hostilis root bark (MHRB) is probably the most common source. MHRB extraction is relatively easy as no de-fatting is necessary and it tends to give good yeilds (typically 1-2% ). Also, I believe DMT is the only active alkaloid present in non-negligible quantities when smoked (there may well be some sort of MAOI present though, as I've read about the root bark being orally active when consumed in large quantities).

I have no experience with any of the plants you mention above so I can't comment on their effects, but I have a feeling they all contain a wider spectrum of alkaloids than MHRB which could potentially make for a more potent extract. I'd definitely recommend MHRB if this is your first extraction though, simply because it's easy and fairly well documented, and I can pretty much guarantee you won't be disappointed with the end result :)

Acacia will be easier than chacruna.
Caapi doesnt contain dmt, i think it has harmine and tetrahydroharmine

Thanks. What's the difference between acacia and chacruna potency wise?

If you can get hold of it where you live, Mimosa Hostilis root bark (MHRB) is probably the most common source. MHRB extraction is relatively easy as no de-fatting is necessary and it tends to give good yeilds (typically 1-2% ). Also, I believe DMT is the only active alkaloid present in non-negligible quantities when smoked (there may well be some sort of MAOI present though, as I've read about the root bark being orally active when consumed in large quantities).

I have no experience with any of the plants you mention above so I can't comment on their effects, but I have a feeling they all contain a wider spectrum of alkaloids than MHRB which could potentially make for a more potent extract. I'd definitely recommend MHRB if this is your first extraction though, simply because it's easy and fairly well documented, and I can pretty much guarantee you won't be disappointed with the end result :)

Thank you for your time. I will definitely look into Mimosa Hostilis Root Bark. :)

Be aware that Acacia confusa root bark contains a high proportion of NMT in addition to DMT. You may have a harder time obtaining crystals than from Mimosa hostilis, if that matters to you, and the high has been reported to be subjectively different (NMT is psychoactive alone).

Be aware that Acacia confusa root bark contains a high proportion of NMT in addition to DMT. You may have a harder time obtaining crystals than from Mimosa hostilis, if that matters to you, and the high has been reported to be subjectively different (NMT is psychoactive alone).

I've been looking around and Mimosa Hostilis a lot more expensive than Acacia Confusa. I'm not really worried about the crystallization. However, if the acacia doesn't crystallize what will it look like? Also, what are the differences in the highs? Were you talking about person to person or bark to bark differences?

Another thing. If he does get them to crystallize what would he have to do to help them become clear. He's wanting to make an extremely pure product.

Last edited:
You may end up with a yellowish goo, which is still perfectly usable, and contains little more than DMT and NMT. The NMT in Acacia extracts seems to produce a more relaxed overtone (vs the Mimosa blast-off), although you'll still be able to go far. I suggest you do a search at the DMT nexus for a suitable tek.

You may end up with a yellowish goo, which is still perfectly usable, and contains little more than DMT and NMT. The NMT in Acacia extracts seems to produce a more relaxed overtone (vs the Mimosa blast-off), although you'll still be able to go far. I suggest you do a search at the DMT nexus for a suitable tek.
Alright thank you. He'll probably go with Acacia now as he wanted a mellow experience. Anyways, would you recommend STB or A/B? Which would yield the purest product?

Acacia confusa root bark (make sure you get the root bark - trunk bark has a low DMT content) is not particularly oily, so a straight to base should work fine, although an acid/base extraction is worth the extra effort in my opinion. You could do the early pulls using naptha, which should give you your purest product, and then wringing the rest out with D-limonene or xylene later on.

Acacia confusa root bark (make sure you get the root bark - trunk bark has a low DMT content) is not particularly oily, so a straight to base should work fine, although an acid/base extraction is worth the extra effort in my opinion. You could do the early pulls using naptha, which should give you your purest product, and then wringing the rest out with D-limonene or xylene later on.

If it's not too much trouble would you mind explaining those last two things and how to do them? He's really curious and can't find it using the forum search engine.

The basic theory behind these extractions is as follows: DMT is present in your plant as a mixture of freebase and salt forms. Most is usually present as a salt, but acid/base extraction first converts any freebase to salt (acidification) which is then soluble in a polar solvent such as water. A strong base then converts DMT salts to freebase form which is soluble in non-polar solvents such as naptha or D-limonene.

DMT is moderately soluble in naptha at room temperature (and other alkaloids are poorly soluble) but insoluble when things get cold. In a naptha pull, DMT dissolved in the naptha is crystallised by freezing it (and thus bringing it out of solution). This product will be highly pure. Remaining DMT (and some other alkaloids) can be collected with a stronger solvent such as D-limonene, xylene or hexane, which then has to be evaporated, leaving behind whatever was in solution. When this 'jungle' DMT has been analysed, it still appears to contain just DMT/NMT. This way, you get both a pure product (early pulls with naptha) and a good overall yield thanks to the strong solvent extractions. This tek should work fine for you.

This should help him a lot. Thank you so much for your help. This is a tad bit off topic, but have you ever heard of Blue Lotus or its properties?

He was curious if it also made DMT. He's trying to explore all of his options.

to "pull" means that you have the DMT in a basic aqueous solution (eg water + sodium hydroxide), then you mix it with an organic solvent (eg naphta), in which the DMT freebase is more soluble. when you let the mixture sit, it will seperate again (organic and polar (eg water) solvents do not mix), and then you can seperate the organic phase to crystallize your product from it. this procedere is necessary to get rid of many impurities, which are soluble in water but not in organic solvents.. :)

edit: ah somebody already had answered. well I hope my post was still helpful... :)

No every response is greatly appreciated. Now, does anyone know about Yopo Seeds or Blue Lotus? Also, if he does do the pulls mentioned would 3 be sufficient?

Mimosa Hostillis is easiest to work with if you can find it... Or else use acacia

Yopo seeds contain bufotenine if I recall... I wouldn't use those for DMT. And blue lotus contains nothing even resembling DMT, it's mild at best.

Yopo seeds contain bufotenine if I recall... I wouldn't use those for DMT. And blue lotus contains nothing even resembling DMT, it's mild at best.

If Blue Lotus doesn't contain DMT then what does it contain?

I'll do some more research on these two things before I ask anymore questions. As I believe that would be the wise thing to do.

I will add using something less chlorophyll and fat based like root bark is much easier to use than something like leaves. The less fats means easier cleaner product in the end.

Also blue lotus is used in a changa blend with celia zacatechi or something to make "electric sheep" the supposed most amazing blend at a time.

This should help him a lot. Thank you so much for your help.

You're welcome. By the way, unless this information is for a real friend, people like you to talk in the first person here.

If Blue Lotus doesn't contain DMT then what does it contain?

A lot of things, but nothing particularly psychoactive - aporphine is the closest thing known. Stick to the classics for extraction, they really are your best options.

Also blue lotus is used in a changa blend with celia zacatechi or something to make "electric sheep" the supposed most amazing blend at a time.

That's true, although many of the components of these changa blends are just things thrown in on a whim, or for their role in improving smokability or aroma, increasing bulk etc. I would take their precise composition with a pinch of salt.

You're welcome. By the way, unless this information is for a real friend, people like you to talk in the first person here.

A lot of things, but nothing particularly psychoactive - aporphine is the closest thing known. Stick to the classics for extraction, they really are your best options.

That's true, although many of the components of these changa blends are just things thrown in on a whim, or for their role in improving smokability or aroma, increasing bulk etc. I would take their precise composition with a pinch of salt.

Alright, didn't know how it worked around here. :p

I was thinking about experimenting with the Chacruna Leaves. I was wondering about their potency and effects while on them.