• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Too emotional and tired of it

bomber

Bluelighter
Hi everyone.
Well, I was actually about to write a big text about how being too emotional ruins my life even if I try not to express my emotions too much to the people around me but...it's just not easy to explain it.
So I will go staight to my question. Is there any drug, legal or illegal that will make me less emotional? I mean something I can take and stop worring about things I can't change, stop carring so much if my girl realy loves me, stop getting angry when a friend says he is too tired to go out with me, stop feeling depressed when something doesn't go as I want it, u know?
I know, for example, that heroin is that kind of drug but I want something that won't ruin my life more that emotional sensitivity does. And it would be better be a drug that is not too addicting and not too sedative.
Any personal experiense would be welcome.

Are you taking any kind of drugs now? If so, that could be a side effect of them.

I would suggest going and talking to your doctor. It's nothing to be ashamed of. There is a chance an anti depressant could help. Or a benzo like valium would likely help you calm down a bit and not let things bother you as much. But talking to a professional is going to be your best bet. Even talking things out could be beneficial and might even let you get help without any drugs.

I use some drugs but only in special occations, mostly in parties. The only thing I enjoy in a regular basis is alcohol, and I know that alcohol makes someone more emotional, but I am not an every day morning drinker and I know alcohol hardly changes my character.
I'm not gonna visit a doc cause I know I don't need it. I just need to improve my life a little but to do this I need a drug that will keep me calm and strong for a short period of time. When I put some things in order(which a can't do when I can't control my feelings), I know I won't need it anymore and I'll stop using it.
Benzo is not a good choise cause I want to control my emotionality so that I can have a more productive everyday life to reach a point that I have less reasons to worry or feel depressed about.

Learn to understand and manage your emotions. Take a mindfulness training (class, online, read about it)--it can change your life without the unwanted side effects or any downsides.

?

Learn to understand and manage your emotions. Take a mindfulness training (class, online, read about it)--it can change your life without the unwanted side effects or any downsides.

Yeah I'm gonna do that, it's already in my to do list. But it wouldn't be bad if a drug helped until I get there, right? I know that no matter what drugs I use I can control them so no reason to worry.

I know that no matter what drugs I use I can control them so no reason to worry.

Keep in mind that this is the mentality that screwed many of us over. I know exactly what you're saying in that opiates definitely sweeten life, just don't be entirely naive in your pursuits of happiness.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm gonna do that, it's already in my to do list. But it wouldn't be bad if a drug helped until I get there, right? I know that no matter what drugs I use I can control them so no reason to worry.

"I know that no matter what drugs I use I can control them so no reason to worry."
Excuse me for sounding skeptical, but these are famous last words. Once you reply on a drug for something - you give up that control. Drugs only provide a temporary fix, it's not worth it. Legal, or illegal - you're searching for them with the mentality to help you stop feeling so emotional and thus you'll rely on them to help you feel that way. Intentional or not, that's where addiction comes into play.

Rather listen to Herbavore's advice, maybe even try talking to a therapist or something if the sort.

Please - not only for yourself but everyone around you; family, friends, work colleagues, sporting team mates, whoever else there may be in your life - don't turn to drugs to fix a problem. I've seen a couple friends take a massive trip down south because of it and I wouldn't wish it on anybody, especially the people around them.

Thanks for the advice mate. I know how dangerous drugs are and I do not underestimate them. But I don't underestimate my self either. I know it's hard to find a balance between taking drugs and letting drugs take you, but that's the point.

Thanks for the advice mate. I know how dangerous drugs are and I do not underestimate them. But I don't underestimate my self either. I know it's hard to find a balance between taking drugs and letting drugs take you, but that's the point.

I didn't mean to come across as an asshole so I hope you didn't take it that way!

It's fair to say you don't underestimate yourself but as Chelle mentioned above, the mentality you're going into this with is the one that's screwed a lot of people over.

I have no doubt you're a strong minded person but drugs are never the answer. That's just my opinion after all, I guess I'm passionate about it because I wouldn't wish what I've been through on anybody on this world.

I hope I helped you out in some sort of way, if you ever need a chat or anything I'm always available - just let me know and I'll chuck you my email.
Just a word of warning; I won't tell you what you want to hear, rather what you need to hear but I know how much it helps so I offer myself to anyone and everyone who thinks they need a little bit of help or just a general chat :)

Bentoboxed, it wouldn't be the first time I would use a drug. I have used drugs sometimes in parties.
The differense now is just that I don't want something just to have fun at a party, but something to help me control my character and put some things in order and improve my life. I mean, come on, am I the first guy that thought something like that or what?
I know the drugs offer only a temporarily fix and that's what make them addicting but that's what I need now. After I improve some things I won't need it.
Just like when a student gives exams and eats sugar so that his mind can work better. He knows sugar is bad but he also knows that he won't have to eat sugar after the exam is over.

Last edited:
I didn't mean to come across as an asshole so I hope you didn't take it that way!

It's fair to say you don't underestimate yourself but as Chelle mentioned above, the mentality you're going into this with is the one that's screwed a lot of people over.

I have no doubt you're a strong minded person but drugs are never the answer. That's just my opinion after all, I guess I'm passionate about it because I wouldn't wish what I've been through on anybody on this world.

I hope I helped you out in some sort of way, if you ever need a chat or anything I'm always available - just let me know and I'll chuck you my email.
Just a word of warning; I won't tell you what you want to hear, rather what you need to hear but I know how much it helps so I offer myself to anyone and everyone who thinks they need a little bit of help or just a general chat :)

And don't worry I didn't get insulted at all. "the thanks for the advice " comment was going for Chele(thank you for the advice too)
I know why you people worry, I know how people get addicted and then destoyed with drugs...but that just isn't my case u know.

Last edited:
Bentoboxed, it wouldn't be the first time I would use a drug. I have used drugs sometimes in parties.
The differense now is just that I don't want something just to have fun at a party, but something to help me control my character and put some things in order and improve my life. I mean, come on, am I the first guy that thought something like that or what?
I know the drugs offer only a temporarily fix and that's what make them addicting but that's what I need now. After I improve some things I won't need it.
Just like when a student gives exams and eats sugar so that his mind can work better. He knows sugar is bad but he also knows that he won't have to eat sugar after the exam is over.

Recreational use and dependancy are two different things to be fair.
If you take a drug with the intention to help you feel better, like it or not, over time your body will get used to that and become somewhat dependant.

Sugar & drugs are two different things as well, but I won't go into that as its pointless.
I will just say that I understand your train of thought & if you choose to go down that path I hope that you have the willpower to know when enough is enough.

You seem to have your head on your shoulders I'm sure you'll be fine - just be careful & I truly hope you start to feel better soon whether it be with or without drugs. :)

Just because alchohol doesn't make you emotional while on it.....doesn't mean it doesn't affect you while you are sober the next day. I was always a happy drunk...but after a couples years of heavy drinking I started getting really nasty and aggresive the day after I drank. Yelling at people I love, hating people, even lost a job because of this and it took me a while to realize it was the alcohol doing this...because when i stopped drinking my mood fixed itself

For starts, try to see my post here http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/798049-Adderall-and-emotions?p=13696744&viewfull=1#post13696744 where I attempt to explain how some drugs influence your emotions.

However, you should not be sad about being to emotional and you shouldn't be afraid of showing your emotions. Emotional intelligence is a notion that is starting to gain attention with amongst others social sciences but also in practice. Today, many companies before they hire you use different personality tests, which could be said to be the precursor to uncover an individuals emotional intelligence. However, some companies (including some of the most attractive working places) are starting to use tests with the purpose of measuring the emotional intelligence of a potential new employee. Some surveys have shown, that many companies (there haven't been sufficient empirical research yet to justify that I could say most companies) are starting to make the emotional intelligence one of the most important capabilities a new employee should have. This is also resulting in people trying to develop tests where you can measure your emotional intelligence. Use google or ask me if your are interested.

I a more traditional perspective, the focus is on one form on intelligence only. The intellectual intelligence, but even this concept might be to broad for a traditional conceptualization of intelligence as intellectual intelligence covers all cognitive skills including mathematics, linguistic capabilities and more diverse intelligences such as as musical and bodily intelligence and several more.

We all know the old IQ measurement, which mostly covers mathematical capabilities. We have often seen people with an extraordinary high IQ having great difficulties with their social interactions (the most extreme cases being savants, ala rain-man though that is not an adequate portrayal of savants). Having an IQ of 200 but with no capabilities to interact with others will often make it impossible for such a person to get jobs, get friends etc in effect wasting some of the possibilities their gift of intelligence could have resulted in. However, a little lower IQ (still above average) combined with a great emotional intelligence will often be much more desirable for companies and the person would be better functioning him or herself as well. Having a high emotional intelligence makes you good in social relations and makes you good at dealing with emotions and even hard times, this combined with a high intellectual intelligence will create a kind og snowball effect or synergi effect. Not only can the person handle emotional stress et cetera, but they are also good a solving other kind of problems and be able to change behavior if necessary if old behavior is no longer sufficient. In a paper from 1978 Argyris and Schön proposed the two concepts single-loop learning and double-loop learning. Single-loop learning is sufficient as long as your existing knowledge, capabilities, habits (or routines at an organizational level( is enough to handle problems. Single-loop learning can (maybe too simplified) be said to make you better at what you already do and know. But if old knowledge and behavior are more longer sufficient to deal with a new problem, single-loop learning is no longer enough. Double-loop learning is sufficient to create new behaviors that can respond to the new problems, and result in change in a persons taken-for-granted, unconscious assumptions making that person more aware of his unconscious assumptions resulting in better self-insight and making the person better to deal with changing circumstances.

You will often experience addicts being stuck in the old habits. Addicts is one of the best examples of individuals not being capable of achieving double-loop learning. They are extremely good at single-loop learning as an addicts bad qualities often get more and more pronounced and they simply refuse to acknowledge their problems and the need for change. Addicts often also possess poor emotional intelligences. Some psychiatrists might say to an addict, just an example, that despite the addict being 30 years old, he have the emotional capacities of a 13 year old. In other words, he is as good (bad) as 13 year old person at handling his emotions. Often, the emotional intelligence of addicts started suffering the first time they took drugs, being more and more influenced as their use (soon turning into abuse) of drugs gets worse. Thus, if you an addict is 30 and he started using drugs as a 15 year old, his emotional capacities might be equal to the emotional capacities he had as a 15 year old.

Other forms of intelligence might include social intelligence, which is related to emotional intelligence, as emotional intelligence is required to have good social capabilities. However, emotional intelligence covers more than just social skills. The notion also covers your ability to recognize and consciously deal with your own emotions. Emotional intelligence should result in higher conscious self-insight and better reflexive and reflective capacities making an individual more likely to be able to change otherwise unconscious, taken-for-granted assumptions and self-insights resulting in actions that are based on these unconscious assumptions instead of actions based on conscious relexions.

If you ask me it is only a good sign that you can recognize your emotions and that you show them. To some degree at least.

Last edited:
I had a long post trying to show why what you want to do is a bad idea. But you are convinced this is necessary and the right thing and that you know best. There is little point in trying to change someone's mind that knows everything. Some of us just have to learn the hard way. I was the same and even had the nickname 'bullet proof' because that was the way I acted because I knew everything and could do anything without any consequences. I've now grown up, been humbled by addiction, and know better.

If you want real help, see a doctor. If you can't afford one there are still places you can get help and I'm sure plenty of us will be happy to point you in the right direction if you ask.

Good luck.

Also, I would be curious what the definition of social intelligence is. I don't think my layman definition would fit into the way it's being described above.

I wouldn't suggest treating serious emotional issues with street drugs.

You will just be sobbing mess if you get strung out. Sort your head out.

I am not trying to be mean but you gotta suck it up. Going out in the drug world all emotional will get you in some serious trouble. People do not play around.

probably not the answer OP is looking for- but the drugs won't help. there's never a point where, at least in my experience, i said "now i don't need these drugs anymore to help me feel less worried/anxious/depressed" (whatever it may be). if anything the drugs turn into a requirement to function, rather than a crutch for the more difficult times.

benz/opi or other GABAergics will sort you out, but they won't fix the issue, they will only suppress it for a few hours