• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Tony Bennett calls for legalization of drugs

edgarshade

Bluelighter
Toronto Sun

Sunday, February 12, 2012 09:15 AM EST | Updated: Sunday, February 12, 2012 09:23 AM EST

With reader comments

Legendary singer Tony Bennett urged the U.S. government to legalize drugs at a tribute to singer Whitney Houston Saturday night.

Houston died suddenly on Saturday afternoon at age 48.

"First it was Michael Jackson, then Amy Winehouse, now, the magnificent Whitney Houston," he is quoted as saying in the Hollywood Reporter. "I'd like every person in this room to campaign to legalize drugs.

"Let's legalize drugs like they did in Amsterdam," said Bennett, who battled drug addiction in the late 70s. "No one's hiding or sneaking around corners to get it. They go to a doctor to get it."

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/02/12/tony-bennett-calls-for-legalization-of-drugs

I wish every actor, singer & athlete would say what Tony said on tv or a newspaper or magazine.

I get Bennett's point, but if Whitney Houston died for instance from a drug combo of all legal drugs, how is the point relevant here ?

I get Bennett's point, but if Whitney Houston died for instance from a drug combo of all legal drugs, how is the point relevant here ?

I think what Tony is trying to say is, just let everyone do their thing & stop arresting people for what should be our right to do as we please with our bodies.