View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

tolerance

Peacephrog1972

Bluelighter
SO im noticing after doing the sub 4 tryptamines pretty much like 1-2 times a week for the past 2 months that I'm building quite the tolerance

is there a cross tolerance to phens, cause id like to do some AL again.

also how long did shulgin wait between encounters? it seems like he would of been tripping all the time with as many substances he was making and trying.....

thanks!

Yes you can have cross-tolerance between phenethylamines and typtamines.

The time it takes for your tolerance to decrease is impacted by the frequency and amount you have been using.

Anecdotally, I've found longer tolerance from heavy use of phenethylamines vs tryptamines, but tryptamine tolerance was steeper in the short term. I don't know if that's scientifically verified, it may be due to my own use patterns.

1-2 times a week for 2 months may not feel like abuse to you, but you're surely wearing down your little brain nubbins and the best solution is a nice clean vacation (my personal estimate after that much use would be about a month) if you want the best part of the magic back.

I don't know exactly how often Shulgin experimented, but I doubt it was that often. Based on the books he spent a long time titrating doses (wisely, as a chemist would). I imagine (having not known him) that he would have been careful about this, because he was interested in recording accurate information. I still can't believe we have to talk about him in the past tense now :(