• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids tolerance TRAMADOL/METADONE

andrek159206

Bluelighter
i take 400mg of tramadol like Thursday , só yesterday (sunday) 20 mg of metadone, my tolerance in tramadol increased or get lower ?

How many times do you take 400mg tramadol? How many times have you taken 20mg methadone?

Its a pretty similar dose, if you take that dose of methadone every day I think that would increase tolerance as it builds up but one day likely wouldn't change much even if it were a higher than usual dose

Its a pretty similar dose, if you take that dose of methadone every day I think that would increase tolerance as it builds up but one day likely wouldn't change much even if it were a higher than usual dose
methadone i take like 1 time per month tramadol 2 times per week

Yeah you’re not gonna build up tolerance too badly. But if you’re only taking tramadol 2 times per week I wouldn’t be max dosing on it. I’d be going for far less. 150/200mg. 400 is the max you can take then you’re verging on seizure territory. You’re also gonna have a hell of a time withdrawing from it from those doses.

OP, you are likely to experience a psychological tolerance by using Opioids like this. It is also not a farfetched notion that you could end up becoming dependent upon these drugs despite your attempts to regulate yourself.

But, I think if your usage is only two times per week, your physical addiction and/or dependence is likely to remain fairly low if present at all.

As others have mentioned, Tramadol lowers the seizure threshold substantially when dosages exceed 300mg in a sitting. I would really try to secure Methadone instead if that is available.