• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Tolerance to cognitive cells.

lemonman

Bluelighter
Just take SSRI's for example, there's tolerance to them, right, and many other type of drugs. The question is, is there tolerance to cognitive enhancing drugs?. Or

I'm not talking about drugs that increase or alter the main neurotransmitters such as GABA,NMDA,Dopamine,etc,etc... Just cognitive cells in the brain that are used for cognitive use only, do these cognitive cells have tolerance if they are increased too much?.

Or does Fish Oil have tolerance?. e.g: after a certain amount of time the positive effects start to fade?

There aren't really cells in the brain that are for "cognitive use only", all the cells in your brain work together to produce the phenomenon we call consciousness. Every system in your body will adapt to different levels of stimulation in different ways.

Are you trying to ask if nootropics or other compounds that increase cognitive performance will become less effective over time when taken continuously? It really depends on dosage, set, and setting. To put it simply, if you live a healthy and balanced lifestyle, then the positive effects of living well shouldn't decrease over time. Mild euphoric experiences like drinking a cup of tea and experiencing pleasant stimulation will be easier to reproduce than doing humongous lines of cocaine and feeling like a god though! It's all about moderation.

In short: NO

In long form, Sekio's Answer.

Let me highlight What I think is the biggest take-a-way from his post for you:

There aren't....cells in the brain that are for "cognitive use only".

There aren't really cells in the brain that are for "cognitive use only", all the cells in your brain work together to produce the phenomenon we call consciousness. Every system in your body will adapt to different levels of stimulation in different ways.

Are you trying to ask if nootropics or other compounds that increase cognitive performance will become less effective over time when taken continuously? It really depends on dosage, set, and setting. To put it simply, if you live a healthy and balanced lifestyle, then the positive effects of living well shouldn't decrease over time. Mild euphoric experiences like drinking a cup of tea and experiencing pleasant stimulation will be easier to reproduce than doing humongous lines of cocaine and feeling like a god though! It's all about moderation.

God daym I wish I had some pure f**king fishscale.. Love you sekio /goes back to concocting flasks