• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Tolerance go away

President_Red

Bluelighter
I just recently started smoking bud again after quitting for a year and at first I would hit the weed maybe 3 to 4 times and be stoned like it was my first time I been smoking everyday since I started again just like I used too. But my tolerance sky rocketed back to what it was a year ago which then took a while to build up to that level now achieved in two weeks. Anyone else noticed this ever?

You can never regain the original high, your mind is too accustomed to it after years of use... I know how that goes man, it blows.

The first time after a long break i usually get "too stoned" only for maybe the first few times. Its funny because i will be sitting there thinking "its a good thing i am use to this after over 10 years or id be concerned my heart is going to explode or ill never come down" rather then being a bad thing like it was when i was 16 it is now an interesting head space.

But after a few sessions it returns to normal, my tolerance is largely dependent on how much i smoke in a given day, not how much i smoked in the past. My tolerance is actually at an all time low since i smoke once at night now.

The difference between smoking every day and leaving a day in between can affect tolerance, at least in my case, but I also think it depends on the person in question. When I smoke every night for a while it does get slightly harder to get as high than when I leave a day in between or even just at weekends, but a friend of mine will get just as high every time regardless of frequency. When I feel my tolerance is too high, I just give it some time, about 3-5 days before I smoke again. I'd say to just do it in increments. If after one day your tolerance is still too high, then take two days next time. This way you will find the optimum amount of time for your tolerance to lower and you can really find your groove.

It's most likely the amount you're smoking. No damage is done to cannabinoid receptors by weed, they should revert completely back to normal. Tolerance builds when you smoke more than you need to. After having built up a habit, you're more likely to have an accustomed dosage which you will quickly move back towards.