• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tolerance break and using something else

maul91

Greenlighter
I want to take a tolerance break from opiates/opioids for 1 months or longer to get my tolerance down a little bit. I only drink/get high on saturdays from now on. I tried 80 mg Oxy and I sure felt it, but didnt really get where I wanted to be so there is still some tolerance(I got clean for 2 weeks ago and tried 80 mg this weekend).

So I was thinking, as I never drink(haven't had a drink in almost 2 years, alcohol isnt one of my favourite drugs) to maybe use Alcohol on weekends for a couple of weeks/months and then try some Oxy again. A question I have is, let's say I try 80 mg Oxy one weekend after 1 month to see where Im at, will that shoot the tolerance up again and the progress will be lost? It's basically just a test. If it doesn't work as I want it to, I will of course extend the tolerance break.

Stupid question but opiates(oxies) is not cross tolerant to drugs like alcohol, amphetamines and stuff like that right? I know it is cross tolerant to other opioids of course.

more like a 2-3 month break would be ideal. and you're playing a dangerous game right there using everyweekend, try to space more your using. you don't wanna end up withdrawing from oxy, oxy made me get on my knees and pray to god for the withdrawals to go away.