TDS Today I am Thankful 4 Vs. Just when you think it can't get no better, then it does!

Thankful for the help I'm getting at home from my mother-in-law.
She's a bit old but she can take good care of the kids when they are all together.

thankful for being healthy, i don't really have a lot to worry about, that i am trusting myself a bit.

That's great. Those are very important stuff to be proud and thankful for.

I don't have my young health anymore, I guess I miss all of the energy and the stress nowadays makes things not as gracious as I'd wish them to be. But I'm trying and trying hard. Everyday, all the time.

I made my bed and now I have to accept things the way they are and improve those I can. And I'm okay with that which makes me grateful.

Although it reminds me these NA sayings it's true. Only by acceptance we'll learn to understand and live life better. No regrets, learning the new ways.

Im thankful for my son, my family, my life, my memories, my profession, and that im still here.

I'm thankful for love from my family. Knowing who I am, what I have done and still love me regardless of how I am.
Specially to my wife as it's easier to have that from your kids. Great progress in the past year+. :)

Thankful for knowing that my son still believes I'm still the best dad! :)

Hey, it must be son day--I just clicked on this thread to say how much I love talking to my son. Neither of us "did" anything today--we spent the whole day talking going from one subject to another. He's passionate about a lot of things. We can debate without ever getting mad even when we really disagree about something. I like talking about things with him because he always has surprising angles to consider--not a black and white thinker in any way.

Herby, I know you've gone through so much in your life.
And I see you as a very strong and wise person.

When you talk about your son I see the love most mothers don't show. I see commitment, the happiness and this healthy beautiful relationship you both have. And how that makes you a unique mother to a unique son. It's not only about the love but how you both connect and this is hard to see nowadays.

I remember when he was off for months and months and how you both reconnected so spontaneously, it's an easygoing, agreeable and rich relationship and I congratulate you as a parent as while most of us are trying to be like you this is already a part of you. Who you are.

I'm always very happy to hear when you talk about him. As a father I do realize that takes work, wisdom, and dedication - not to mention the great heart you both share.<3

Thank you. Coming from another parent that means a lot. When you used to have two precious sons and then you only have one it is easy to let little things go and focus on what really matters. My sons were always very different boys and then very different young men. I always wonder how things would be now if my younger son had survived. Much of who my older son is comes from the fact that he had to be more self-reliant as his younger brother had so many struggles. It did make him a more empathetic person as well. Today I am thinking so much about Brussels and all the families that will be dealing with loss.

Oops, just remembered I'm in the gratitude thread.....I'm thankful that my family is all ok.

^ We had a minute of silent this morning for the families in Brussels and their relatives.

It's good to see how things are getting settled back at work.

Last edited:
Today, I am thankful for the drop in centre behind my house. If it weren't for that place, I wouldn't have been able to eat for the past month and a half. They serve lunch every day and also have some free food to take home sometimes. It's not much, but it's a lifesaver when you have no money.

Power is resotred.. that storm was impressive.. then is broke warm sunshine and was as gone as fast it came.. foot and a half or .5 m in a couple hours.. thats not even incuding the substantial rain before.. and the next day it melted almost as fast as it fell the previouse.

So thank you REA for all your monumental effort to fix that huge mess.. RESPECT!!! Thanks to the sheriffs for directing traffic for like ten hours strait.. what you all think your NY cops.. ibuprofen.. I think I will go by a blue light after that shit.. no but for real thank you.

ALso think of all the harmless drug users that had the day off from persecution.

^ After the storm and respect I would too (and proud). I wish I could say the same about our Xeriffes.

Grateful for the family breakfast this morning. Everyone is fine, relaxed and we are feeling good.
Another beautiful day! :)

I'm thankful for this site and the people that showed me compassion when I was on a road to death very fast. Isolation made it so no one knew what I was doing and just reading people cared was the push I needed. I'm forever thankful
Now that I'm un numb from drugs (still need pain meds) I'm disappointed that I let it go so far and all those feelings I numbed up are coming back. But I'm strong and getting the help I need

Today I am thankful for the warmer weather out. Finally my hands can take a break from the pain the cold gives it.

^ I hope it doesn't get too warm ;)

I'm happy to be able to help my son with his homework but I must confess that I need to relearn some of the Math they are now teaching. I've noticed that he's hardly asking for help as he used to. I think he's managing the routine quite well. Grateful for that.
I frequently wish I was a bit like him when I was at the end of Junior High. Smart, social, 'clean', friendly.

Last edited:
Erik, you sound like a brilliant Father. :)

I am eternally grateful for all the kind, empathetic, intelligent people that post on BL. Thank you to those who gave me support, advice and help over December when my head was a total mess, and for not ripping on my manic/depressed posts too much :p.

Last edited: