• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Tobacco plant

Gormur

Bluelighter
Simple thread. Does anyone know about growing tobacco plant (any variety), and is it easy? I have a chance to do this and i'm currently in one of the zones to grow it in. - zone 9 or 10 (10 is best). Basically, the shit grows wild where i am staying, LOL. The one thing to my concern is drying the product before/during Summer. I don't have a shed for this. Just an ordinary shack. Thank you for any details you can give me

-G

It's easy as hell, be sure to space them appropriately though, leaves can get huge. Sow some seeds on top of the soil, they're light germinators like poppy seeds, but even smaller, so just sprinkle a tad in a couple of small pots. Keep them at room temp and humid, transplant them into individual larger pots after 2-3 weeks, grow them out for a couple more weeks in those bigger pots, then plant in full soil outside.

They like their nutrients, do better in a fast draining soil, not too high in ph, lot's of sun.

Tbh I haven't dried my own tobacco, well I have, but that was dry as crisp and gross, I really didn't care. Just planted them for the flowers. You should top them when they start to flower if you're growing for tobacco, makes for bigger leaves.

Actually, that helps me a lot. Cheers! The only thing i wonder about aside from curing is taking the plant inside. I'd probably start to grow it in February, so it'd be ready to be harvested by July. That is i get a live one, then harvest it. I'm definitely not starting with bare seeds

EDIT: I did some more digging, and online it says there's Burley, Oriental and Virginia tobacco. All different varieties, i assume; also each one is cured differently. I noticed the Oriental variety is cured by hanging it outside. Can that be done with Virginia tobacco as well?

That's the only variety i can find as a live plant. Otherwise, i might just go with putting the stuff in my garage by an open window and space heater. Could that work? Thank you :)

Last edited: