• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

To The Folks Who Kicked Drugs or Alcohol while maintaining life, or at home....

FreedomCalls

Bluelighter
Never underestimate your accomplishment. I've gotten clean in rehab, and a short jail stint before. I've tried many times to obtain Sobriety from the "couch" so to speak, as I am right now.

But as I said, If you successfully kicked a real drug or alcohol problem without professional help,

You are a soul fighter. You are a hero.

I'm gonna make it. No matter what life throws my way. And if I can't it's back to rehab. It's time to hang up the gloves I lost again.

If you live in a normal environment, I don't see why. Home treatment isn't new, it's a bit more expensive but that's all.

Never underestimate your accomplishment. I've gotten clean in rehab, and a short jail stint before. I've tried many times to obtain Sobriety from the "couch" so to speak, as I am right now.

But as I said, If you successfully kicked a real drug or alcohol problem without professional help,

I'm gonna make it. No matter what life throws my way. And if I can't it's back to rehab. It's time to hang up the gloves I lost again.
it's totally possible man, don't be so harsh on yourself. I kicked a 100 mg morphine IV habit a month ago. It's been hella tough but not impossible. I've had 2 slip ups this month but i'm still going strong.it's been a week since last time i used but feel somewhat good. Just keep trying, you'll eventually get there. Good luck.

I replaced my meth habit with alcohol and it was ugly for a long little while but one just keeps going.

Don't give up, even when it all seems futile. Just make yourself stubborn as fuck and carry on.

it's totally possible man, don't be so harsh on yourself. I kicked a 100 mg morphine IV habit a month ago. It's been hella tough but not impossible. I've had 2 slip ups this month but i'm still going strong.it's been a week since last time i used but feel somewhat good. Just keep trying, you'll eventually get there. Good luck.

Really proud of you man! I was gonna say was that pic you put up a recent one? You looked good in that brother, you looked really healthy. :)

Relapses are part of it, just gotta keep pushing.

-GC

Really proud of you man! I was gonna say was that pic you put up a recent one? You looked good in that brother, you looked really healthy. :)

Relapses are part of it, just gotta keep pushing.

-GC
I was actually high in that picture hahaha, these past few months altho I've Been smoking crack AND shooting up. I never stop eating or sleepin like i did in the past. It's like a rule i have Now, I've gained like 10 pounds since i started that. I look even More healthy Now thst i stopped smoking crack. Will keep going, ty. GC :)

YOU CAN DO IT.

It's not impossible.

I didn't give up ALL drugs. Just heroin/opiates, my problem drug. Which isn't like a MAJOR accomplishment, it's not like quitting everything. It's like quitting A LOT though, especially if you REALLY like that shit.

What are you trying to quit? How long?

We're here to talk it out.

YOU CAN DO IT.

It's not impossible.

I didn't give up ALL drugs. Just heroin/opiates, my problem drug. Which isn't like a MAJOR accomplishment, it's not like quitting everything. It's like quitting A LOT though, especially if you REALLY like that shit.

What are you trying to quit? How long?

We're here to talk it out.

Hey I'm quitting xanax and heroin, only been on about 6 months but still enough to get me in pretty deep. I have a love hate relationship with both of these drugs, I love the relief. But I need to sober up, my summer time boss is an ex addict and he won't tolerate that shit.

And I'd say quitting heroin at home even if you used other stuff is a MAJOR accomplishment. Hats off