To everyone.....

Flower

Bluelight Crew
My my my.... I've been away from the board for quite a while, and I've got to say, I noticed two things when I finally got back on: 1) Just how much this board and everyone on it means to me, and 2) The overwhelming negativity and bad vibes going on around here through certain people.
Not that it matters much, but here's my .02 on the whole fiasco. First of all, you all remember BOB, don't you? Nearly everyone got caught up in a flame war with him over the Gay Rollers post, myself included. But here's what I realized from that situation: I'm not gay, so BOB's post wasn't personally offensive to me or even most of the Bluelighters that became so upset over it. What upset us so much was the attack on "one of our own" (or several in this case). For many (probably most) of us, Bluelight is an extended family, and even though you might want to wring your little brothers neck once in a while, you're damn sure gonna kick some ass when the bully down the street picks on him.
I mean, when I got back on BL, I read over the posts I'd missed and saw the "Fuck You" posts and all the arguments that I missed....but I also saw the apologies and the feelings that we all lay out on the line on this board. It's not "like" a family here, it IS a family. And watching Satan flame our family members isn't only hurtful to the people he's trashing, but to us as well. I vowed never to get wrapped up in another flame war after the BOB fiasco, and I'm sticking to it. Not only is it just what he wants, but it does a disservice to ourselves, to lower us to his level. It also does something else.....it lets us ignore the fact that there is something going on there that provoked all of it.
Even more so than BOB's homophobia, Satan is obviously plagued by something that's eating away at him and causing him to retaliate in this way. Bully's are bully's, wherever you find them. They pick on others to make themselves feel better, but they'll always slip up, they'll always reveal their hurt and pain that's causing them to act the way they are. In Satan's case, the problem is so obvious, and I'm ashamed to admit it took me this long to see it. Here's the thing.....after reading one of Satan's more damaging posts, I picked out a few things he said....."You're all the same. You have your little clicks and leave out the "not-so-cool" kids. Go ahead and deny it, you fucking liars." Hello! You can just hear the insecurity and hurt seeping through there.
I admit it, I had NO friends growing up. I mean none. I wasn't cool, I was a dork, I spent my afternoons reading books instead of playing with friends and my weekends were spent studying, not going to parties and slumber parties. And I think a lot of the people on this board were the same way. You can't tell me there isn't anyone else on this board that didn't go through school the way I did and didn't think that very phrase themselves when they got into the cafeteria and realized that the only places to sit left were at the "dork tables". Hell, I was a misfit, and I still am.
But through this board I found my very own island of the misfit toyz (and I don't ever want to leave...hehe). I found a group of people that is ever expanding and meeting new people like ourselves..... I have never known us to leave out anyone....and certainly not the "not-so-cool" kids.
smile.gif
It's not just E that brought us all together (I'm speaking of the FL Bluelight Crew now). I mean, it was E, and this board, but now that we all know eachother so well, we've found out that we have uncanny similarites in our lives...the way we were brought up, things we've gone through, etc. etc. And people react to things in their lives in different ways. The people I've met through this board have become some of the kindest, most caring people I've ever known. Other people don't react as well, and become hurt, angry, depressed.
That's Satan. I've been accused more than once in my life of being too sensitive, and perhaps I am. But fuck it, I know how it feels to be left out, to be hurt and depressed. I chose to become quiet instead of angry and a bully, but who am I to judge how someone reacts to thier life. I don't pity him, I sympathize. Of course, I'm still upset over the hurtful things he's posted about the people on this board, but instead of flaming back or pleaing for the posts to be deleted, I'm paying attention. Like it or not, Satan's family too. Chances are REALLY good that he's a Bluelighter under a pseudonym to get out all of his hostility. And there's a problem there. I can only hope that one day he will find what most of us have found here on Bluelight. The sense of unity and togetherness....hell, without it I'd be pretty bitter, too.
Anyhow, this is long and rambling, and kudos to you if you've made it this far. I think by now we all realize how much we mean to eachother, and Satan's flaming has only secured that, made us prove it again, by wanting to protect our own. A lot of the closeness and personal feeling was lost as this board grew....with so many people it's easy to become cliquish and harder and harder to be "real". Anyway, this board means a lot to me and most of the people here, and I understand where everyone is coming from when they say it's being "ruined" by negativity and hostility like Satan't posts. But to me it really isn't, because when something like this happens, we all pull together and it makes us that much closer. Like a family. hehe....
smile.gif

Ok, I'm extrememly sensitive and corny today maybe, but that's just how I feel. Much love and PLUR to you all...forget about the negativity. The positive vibes we send to eachother more than make up for it......and maybe some of it will rub off...
smile.gif

Flower

There isn't anything more I can say to this post that Flower didn't already say. I just thought it should be back up at the top where it belongs.
------------------
You can't always get what you want...but if you try somtimes, you just might find, you'll get what you need

HORAY FOR FLOWER!
THAT'S why I love you so much!!
smile.gif

------------------
-I didn't do it and I'm not payin half!
-Which way to the nearest DRUG store?

This should be read and applauded by all....back to the top!!!
------------------
"Dance is not an expression of life; it is life itself" -Havelock Ellis

WOW!!!!! Back up again!!
MaD LoVe
Majestica
MaD HuGs & LoTs Of BeAuTiFuL SmIlEs

UP! UP! UP!
------------------
-I didn't do it and I'm not payin half!
-Which way to the nearest DRUG store?

back back back to the top
muwah********* love you...........you naughty fairy princess........!!!!
------------------
~special k~
"you will remain the same till the pain of staying that way is greater then the pain of change"

Wooowwwww Sweetie........That was soooo awesome.... I am utterly speechless...... I hope veryone gets a chance to read this..
I R Seeing you very, very soon
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

MMmmmwwwwwaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!............RuRu

I'm glad we're all agreed. Much luv to ya' princess.....see you tomorrow
smile.gif

and back up we go........
------------------
Chalice™ (AKA "Star-face-a-chu")
"Reality is a delerium caused by conciousness"
"I'm a little bit of everything, and to much of all of it!"

*clap*, *clap* to you Flower!!! That was unreal.
To the top I say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love Chania

I guess I've always been a bit reluctant to call myself a part of an online 'family', sounds so corny I guess. Dumb. Barely any of my other friends even own computers! How would they understand?
But slowly I've been realising that my best friends (and pretty much my main friends) at the moment, happen to be people I met from this board.
We see each other every week or else we'll miss each other...we "rarely" go out without each other, and apples and I talk on the phone at *least* 8 times a day. In between the phonecalls, we're sending phone messages! We really do all care about each other like brothers and sisters (and Pillcat SWEARS apples and I fight like and old married couple
wink.gif
)
Then I started to think of all the BL's I talk to on ICQ, and how much I LOVE it when each of them are on line. I love it when one's leaving and another comes on! I love giving advice,I love recieving , and I love just talking about crap.
I loved it when The Florida crew bombarded apples and I in an ICQ chatroom one day. I loved it the first time I decided to call 'someone' from the board, and then when 'another' called me... I love the fact that I MISS people when they aren't here. I love the fact that people actually 'like' my spastic posts.
I love it.
Hell, I even love replying to 'some' surveys!
And after reading Flower's post, I just realised, that as much as I hate to admit it... you guys ARE like a family to me. I care about what's happening with everyone. You make me laugh, you make me angry, you make me cry...
*cue soppy (crappy) Bette Midler song*
So thanks Flower for making me realise all this
smile.gif

And I'm sorry if you thought my "Fuck You" post was aimed at anyone on this board. It was not even aimed at anyone who would read this board. I guess I just needed to vent. I probably didn't do it in the most sensible manner, but it needed to be done, and at 2:30am, there's not many people willing to listen
smile.gif
So sorry if that offended anyone. I didn't mean to.
peace.
mona.
(I've always wanted to say that, and have never hd the guts...so THERE!)

Mona ---
Sorry for the confusion, I didn't mean that it was directed towards anyone in particualar, or even just your post...I was referring to the pissed off posts...whatever they may have been titled.
smile.gif

Anywho...thank you everybody. Much Luv...
Flower
smile.gif

Bravo bravo ** claps her hands like the rich snoby ppl do* hehehehehe mwuaahhh back to the top ya go cause i read do agree cause i always try and make family outa friends and i all ready have with this bord..
------------------
peace out
Kiddie
much love and lots of huggles
PLUR the way to a better world

I intend to keep replying to this to keep it where EVERYONE can read it.
So please, if you're reading reply so FLOWER, and everyone knows how much her words meant to you all (cos I know they do) and there are not HALF enough replys to this AMAZING post. I think it needs at least 100 before it is done juctise.
I have only been here for 2 weeks so mabye I should ask why I'm getting so het up.
Well obviously, I have not been hurt by Satan's posts and I haven't been here long enough to say he's "ruined" it. But just in these last few days, being on here nearly 24 hrs, I can feel the special vibes through this website, that I'm only starting to appricate and FLOWER's email just re-enforced all that love and protection for each other, I could already feel.
I hope that one day I will be part of your family but for now I am content by laughing, wincing and almost crying over these beautiful posts that just keep pouring out.
I already feel BL is helping me,
Thats my point, enough crap,
------------------
xxLUCYxx
Don't be mean, give us a bean
xx**P.L.U.R.H(ugs)**xx

Hey girl, had a question. Ruru said something about coming to visit you in Tampa, and that he was gonna bring a posse with him. Where in Tampa are you? e-mail me privately, 'cuz I'm at UT and I'd love to meet up with you guys. If I'd known you were so close I'd have given you my digits on New year's. Kudos for that post, btw, it was dead fucking on!

...wow....thanks for your responses everyone.
smile.gif
Lucyinthesky, it's nice to know that a new Bluelighter is seeing Bluelight for what it is..
smile.gif

bluglostix...I'm in Maderia Beach, about 30-40 minutes from Tampa. I'll email you and we'll have to get together. Special K lives nearby too.
smile.gif

***POOF**** Back up to the top for the Fairy Princess! You are the BEST!
We all have to meet up again soon! I do like the movie idea. I do remember you saying something like that...didn't you?
smile.gif

Glad to see my special blend went to good use
smile.gif

Take care sweetie!
Sex on the G,
Brownman

***POOF**** Back up to the top for the Fairy Princess! You are the BEST!
We all have to meet up again soon! I do like the movie idea. I do remember you saying something like that...didn't you?
smile.gif

Glad to see my special blend went to good use
smile.gif

Take care sweetie!
Sex on the G,
Brownman
------------------
On the 8th day, Tiger created a monster.