• RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Reagent Vendor Megathread TN Scientific (NOT RECOMMENDED) | USA Only

arrall

Administrator
Staff member
TN Scientific - USA ->USA | Code BLUELIGHT for 15% OFF
NOT RECOMMENDED

My review:
I received a kit from TN Scientific to review back in May 2023. Here is my review.

Pros:
  • The CEO personally answers the phone line.
  • The CEO/chemist posts regular testing results and updates on the website
  • A benzodiazepine reagent is offered (though it seems to be ineffective and may not work.)
Cons:
  • The live chat & email on the site are rarely answered. It is extremely difficult to get ahold of customer support without calling.
  • The reagents arrived leaking everywhere to the point that the labels were corroded.
  • Some of the reagents were already discolored and oxidized on arrival
  • The reagent bottles were made of thin, translucent plastic with a poor seal and most of them continuously leaked. This is completely unacceptable, particularly when working with highly corrosive and dangerous chemicals.
  • After about 6 months, many reagents were oxidized to the point of being completely unusable
  • The provided Ehrlich reagent was more oxidized after 6 months than my 3-year-old Ehrlich reagent from TestKitPlus
  • The benzodiazepine reagent was an interesting concept but did not react with Bromazolam or Etizolam tablets after the 180 second advertised wait time. I'm unsure if this was due to oxidization, leakage, or issues with the design as the kit is still in beta testing. Regardless, it seems like this kit does not work at the moment.
Overall, due to the extremely poor & unsafe packaging from this vendor, I cannot in good conscience recommend their reagents.
If you do decide to go with them, then you can use the code BLUELIGHT for 15% OFF.

Last edited: