• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tips/Pointers for my first time dosing LSD?

xan_master

Greenlighter
Hello guys, so I've done every drug under the sun except psychedelics (have done K and dxm if that counts). But am recieveing 2 hits of lsd (120ug hits supposedly) and a gram of mdma this weekend. I did mdma for the first time last month and did it 2 weeks in a row so I'm saving that for my birthday in march. I have 50 etizolam pills and plan to trip at a friends house. I plan to give her 8 of the etizest and have her give em to me if I get overwhelmed. But I'm still quite nervous. I know you can't understand LSD untill you try it, (as I also learned with mdma) but as someone who can get paranoid when really stoned I don't want to have a bad trip, or have to use benzos to get out of it. I'm hoping to drop at 4 in the afternoon and I wouldn't have work untill the next day at 1pm. I've been reading up and just want some advice. Is my plan a safe bet? My tripsitter has never done LSD and my circle of friends with there own house is very small haha. So she's my only option. (I moved back in with my dad after my opiate addicton). I'm only 18, and have become interested in the potential of psychedelics as I'm fucking tired of running from my problems by sticking a needle up my arm or eating etizolam by the handfull. MDMA is what got me interested in this yet to be explored field, and i plan to trip not neccicairly for fun, but to "find myself" so to say. but I'm just looking for some tips, pointers, and advice. Thanks in advance. -xm

It's a little unclear as to how many hits of acid you plan on taking.. other than that I would definitely save the etizolam as a last resort since it is better to just confront what surfaces in your trip, that almost always has a healthy therapeutic effect unless you have huge traumatized skeletons in your closet that you have no chance of tackling, so to speak.

Just let go and accept where it takes you, it will be a natural stream of consciousness experience and if anything is difficult (thoughts / feelings that arise or things that just happen) it may feel amplified or weird, but like pain is a signal that something is wrong, there is often a reason for any difficult feelings in a trip that can be mended and remedied. Try to have the guts to confront and address the problem, and in most cases you will have a good insight that can help you.
Feel free to rediscover yourself, your likes and dislikes and interests..

Hopefully your friend's house feels very safe and familiar, and you don't have unexpected things like the surprise of having other unexpected guests over. Consider the atmosphere delicate like that of a very young person, make proper arrangements - plan in advance regarding food, drinks, anything you might need later on. Go explore, use interesting stimulation from music or 'toys' (e.g. go draw something), just keep it doable: easy and non-threatening.

Having duties the next day does not sound at all ideal to me, but that doesn't mean you cannot manage or shouldn't expect to be okay to get it done - but it's a far better experience if you have the time and space to let it unfold, reflect on it etc. Especially if this to be in any way a 'therapeutic' trip that may involve confronting yourself with your addiction.

If you are a habitual user of opiates perhaps there is a reduction in effect, by the way.

Thanks for the tips. I plan to do a single tab, and no I'm not currently using. Been off the dope since rehab in July. But I'm hoping this trip will help me face some of the shit I've been hiding from as well as my depression and cravings, but also I want to have a good time. My friend owns the house and there's no neibors near by so we plan on music, walking around and whatnot. If her other friend comes over, she might trip with us but I doubt it. Me and her are good friends so I'm comfortable talking about all the fucked up shit I've done around them.

I'm also considering dosing Saturday as I have Sunday off work. Just in case things go south or I need time to reflect on my trip.

Thanks again for the tips man. -xm

I would forget about using the etizolam as your safety net. Truly bad trips are rare believe it or not and trying to reverse the effects of lsd with benzos is some what futile unless you are strapped to a hospital trolley and they are IVing valium into your veins to knock you out. There is always the risk that you get a little overwhelmed too soon and ask for the pills. only to realise 15min later that it was just your brain playing games and things aren't that bad.

Buy the ticket and take the ride. You will laugh, you will get confused, you might even get a little scared, but so long as you are surrounded by sensible like minded friends you will have fun. Don't try and "find yourself", if you have a life changing epiphany so be it, but trying to force changes in your life during your first time tripping is difficult. Like you say, you can't really explain a drug until you experience it so going into a trip with a blank canvas and simply an open mind is better than going in with a particular goal of solving all your problems. If anything it will only focus your brain towards your troubles.

Watch a lighthearted movie, play some games with your trip sitter, read a book or simply watch the stars and talk shit with your friends. If you happen to unlock the secret to a successful life at the same time then so be it.

Make sure you're free of responsibility for 10 hours. In terms of activities, I'd recommend just relaxing somewhere peaceful. On acid all I usually want to do is sort of sit around and listen to music :)

Don't be afraid to let go and let the drugs effects fully wash over you. it won't last forever and no matter what you see or feel you're going to come out on the other side of the trip a normal healthy person.

Have some food for the comedown. You will feel very drained and fried after the acid runs its course, fresh foods will remedy this and bring you back to your normal psychological state.

^^thanks. Good point. Just relax, and let it do what it does. I'll go with that. And I always thought benzos would essentially dull down or kill a trip so i really don't wanna take em. I guess what I'm hearing is weather good or bad I need to let the drug work its cource.

And I'll for sure have some good fruit and maybe go out for some dinner after I come down,

Benzo's become too much of a safety net for tripping. Sometimes it is important to bare ones soul to the universe. But, with that said, I pretty much never trip without consuming a GABAergic at some point. For me, its normally GHB during the comedown, but I often consume it during the experience too. Something about G helps it fit in with psychedelic mindset. If I am experiencing anxiety (which I very rarely do when tripping) I just try and face it for what it is; a reflex of the mind which can be subverted. Meditation or just plain clear thinking (hard as that may be).

Thanks to all y'all for the tips! After reading this and doing a bit more research I feel much more comfortable about it. I'll report back this weekend about how it goes.

It can be difficult to sleep after your trip, I say eat the benzos when your trip is over to ko you, just because you will need sleep for your duties tomorow. 120mg isn't a fuck load, it's an ok dose but you will be fine, you will laugh, get confused, maybe a bit scared. The confusion is funny though

Hey guys, I did aqquire 2 tabs, however my friend has something come up, and we plan to do it next weekend instead. I'm kinda disappointed, but also really excited. Put em in a baggie and vacume sealed em just to be on the safe side haha.