• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tips for recovering (meth)

Allure

Bluelighter
Long time user. I've had the good shit and recently I've been using garbage, nearly every day (not huge amounts). What are your tips on recovering from a long binge... I've been using daily since the beginning of January minus a few days here and there when I was out or couldn't because of family. I eat everyday, sleep everyday, go to work on time and for the most part can function very well... But damn it, I just want to help get me through the blues after I finally put that last needle down. Give me your tips. I've only been poking for 5 years but have been using for 15+. Any OG IVers who have any tips I haven't heard of? Benzos and shit like that are not an option for me. Thanks.

I used to IV meth, but then i slowly tapered off the needle and resorted to snorting. Before i knew it, i was stopping meth all together. Using garbage meth was reason enough for me to stop, too, because it just made me sleepy and get jittery. In regards to merely coming down, i'd just sleep it off. You can't feel depressed when you're unconscious, and it gives you a chance to clear your head and re-evaluate your decisions.

Maybe some OGs can chime in as well, as i am fairly new to the drug (6 months).

Be well,
madness00

You have to try and put as much time between doses as possible. My rule of thumb is for every day of using, you need a minimum of two days of not using sleeping, eating, exercise, sex....anything to replenish those neurotransmitters.

Yes you?re going to feel lethargic for a month after you stop, but it?ll be worth it.

You have to try and put as much time between doses as possible. My rule of thumb is for every day of using, you need a minimum of two days of not using sleeping, eating, exercise, sex....anything to replenish those neurotransmitters.

Yes you?re going to feel lethargic for a month after you stop, but it?ll be worth it.

Would you suggest a taper? I'm by no means doing huge shots and spinning out of my mind. I have a family and a job to upkeep. It's kind of turned into a maintenance type of use. Just enough to elevate my mood and get me through the day. It's just turning into a habit that I know with time will require more and more. I've slightly upped my dose by maybe a point in the last 2 weeks. Tolerance or garbage, I'm not sure. I just don't want it to be obvious when I do put it down for the last time that I'm detoxing and withdrawing.

I used to IV meth, but then i slowly tapered off the needle and resorted to snorting. Before i knew it, i was stopping meth all together. Using garbage meth was reason enough for me to stop, too, because it just made me sleepy and get jittery. In regards to merely coming down, i'd just sleep it off. You can't feel depressed when you're unconscious, and it gives you a chance to clear your head and re-evaluate your decisions.

Maybe some OGs can chime in as well, as i am fairly new to the drug (6 months).

Be well,
madness00

What was your tapering schedule like? When I first started IVing 5 years ago I had a taper plan... But I was using so much all of the time that it was extremely difficult to adhere by. I'm more disciplined now...other than the damn addict in the back of my mind giving me the ok to keep taking a daily dose to get through the day. Lol a hell of a shitty drug, isn't it?

Thank you!

Would you suggest a taper? I'm by no means doing huge shots and spinning out of my mind. I have a family and a job to upkeep. It's kind of turned into a maintenance type of use. Just enough to elevate my mood and get me through the day. It's just turning into a habit that I know with time will require more and more. I've slightly upped my dose by maybe a point in the last 2 weeks. Tolerance or garbage, I'm not sure. I just don't want it to be obvious when I do put it down for the last time that I'm detoxing and withdrawing.
You could keep the dose amount the same just try to use less days per week. Tapering is good for opiates and benzos where there is that physical part withdrawals. The withdrawal from crystal is only psychological- don?t get me wrong it still sucks having the comedown blues and lacking any energy or motivation. It wouldn?t hurt to try and slightly lower the dose each time though, but I always found that difficult with meth.
What really helped me back in 2012 was a script for bupropion (Wellbutrin). It?s a dopamine norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor and really helped with the depression and low energy. Haven?t touched meth in almost 7 years. Just food for thought

Catch up on your sleep. Then make a mission out of finding people/person that loves you the most and cares about your health and well being. Then look for reason to stay instead of looking for a reason to get jacked out of your mind, not being able to sleep and depressed cause you spent all you're money or morals on something that makes you feel crazy, unattractive and/or unwanted and leaves you feeling as worthless as a ingrown toe nail. I'm quite sure you can find better reasons to stay or continue the mission you set out on.

What was your tapering schedule like?

I went from shooting every 3 hours on a binge, to shooting a couple times a night, to snorting every 3 hours, to snorting a couple times a night.

I'd just aim for trying to get off the needle fixation. Think of it as a gross, painful and harmful ROA. Your teeth will fall out faster because of the high bio-availability. Etc. :)

I went from shooting every 3 hours on a binge, to shooting a couple times a night, to snorting every 3 hours, to snorting a couple times a night.

I'd just aim for trying to get off the needle fixation. Think of it as a gross, painful and harmful ROA. Your teeth will fall out faster because of the high bio-availability. Etc. :)

I'm going to taper... Can't really cut back on how many times per day since I only do a shot in the morning. I don't think I could lower the dose, that will just lead to wanting to redose in the same day, but I can manage to every other day for awhile, then when comfortable, every 2 days, 3 days, etc.

My doctor wrote me a Rx for Wellbutrin SR. I think DoctorMolecule mentioned success with that. I used to take it when I was first introduced to meth so it was easy to get it filled. I've been reading that the reason it is effective with tobacco and meth cravings, more specifically, is because it is a trisubstituted amphetamine. The gist I get is I suppose it would be like being addicted to heroin, and getting a Rx for Methadone or Suboxone. So I'm going to be picking that up tomorrow and giving it a go.

Is there a thread I can ask specific questions about the combined use of both Wellbutrin and meth?
I'm feeling a bit better about getting right again.

I'm going to taper... Can't really cut back on how many times per day since I only do a shot in the morning. I don't think I could lower the dose, that will just lead to wanting to redose in the same day, but I can manage to every other day for awhile, then when comfortable, every 2 days, 3 days, etc.

My doctor wrote me a Rx for Wellbutrin SR. I think DoctorMolecule mentioned success with that. I used to take it when I was first introduced to meth so it was easy to get it filled. I've been reading that the reason it is effective with tobacco and meth cravings, more specifically, is because it is a trisubstituted amphetamine. The gist I get is I suppose it would be like being addicted to heroin, and getting a Rx for Methadone or Suboxone. So I'm going to be picking that up tomorrow and giving it a go.

Is there a thread I can ask specific questions about the combined use of both Wellbutrin and meth?
I'm feeling a bit better about getting right again.
Sounds like a good plan and it sounds like you?re moving in a positive direction!

Here?s a link for ya
https://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/472006-The-Big-and-Dandy-Buproprion-(Wellbutrin)-Megathread