• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Tips for getting the highest hash yield with cold water extraction method?

ramajamsam

Bluelighter
I'm looking into making some hashish using the CWE method, I have a lot of outdoor grown bud, not as strong as the "headies" I usually have (but still better than most outdoor/mids), so I've decided to make a lot of it into hash...

I've got some pages describing how to do it saved, I've been studying those but I want to gather as much information on the process as possible before I go for it (also gonna start with a relatively small amount to be safe), so I wanted to hear any relevant information from some of the more experienced members of this board...thanks in advance!

Yields are generally quite low with water hash and unless you have a decent set-up, a bit of experience and a lot of ganja, it isn't worth sacrificing your buds in my oppinion. If you'd like to raise the quality of the bud a bit and also have some hash, try a water cure maybe.

The water dissolves some unnecessary compounds out of the plant material leaving bud that is very smooth to smoke and a little more potent. Also, a decent amount of sediment falls to the bottom of the jars in the process and this can be collected, dried out and smoked too. It won't be high grade melt hash or anything, but it is definitely better than standard silk-screen hash in my experience.

If you'd like to experiment with proper ice water hash, why not use leaf? If you only leave the plant material in the bucket with the ice water for a short time and stir very gently, you can collect fairly high grade sediment from the bottom of the bucket, even better if you use a screen to separate trichomes from leaf particles. Yields are still quite low, but the results are impressive and the taste is usually pretty excellent.

All I have is buds (quite a lot but there are other concerns tied into that), a water cure sounds like a damn good idea tho, I'll probly try that out tonight & see how it goes, thank you!

Ew please don't water cure. That's something people did in the 70s because they didn't know better.

You'll get a fine yield putting them through bubble bags. Probably not great quality but it's easier than smoking the bud. After you make hash you could also rosin it to improve the quality.

Fresher material always makes better hash but if you're not doing anything with it, may as well do something...