• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tips for amphetamine withdrawal?

BDNF or Brain Derived Neutropic Factor is what you want to focus on for withdrawal. It's the key factor in generating new neurons, neurotransmitters like dopamine/serotonin, and keeping your tolerance at bay. Exercise, light calorie restriction & fish oil increase it as do antidepressants if you have access. L-carnosine and Beta-alanine both increase BDNF expression as well. A great OTC supplement that can be taken when you run out of Addy is PEA, your brains natural amphetamine. Releases dopamine, norepinephrine and beta-endorphin. Problem s a really short half life, 10-15 minutes, but when dosed throughout the day at 1000mg every 2-3 hours or so it can produce similar feelings as amp, just nt as much focus. It actually has, IMO, more recreational value than Adderall. 1500-2000mg taken with caffeine creates more of an Ecstacy type euphoria that lasts 30-45 minutes while putting you in a great mood afterwards.

Bupropion has shown to be extremely effective at treating amphetamine withdrawal, though you need a prescription for it.

I honestly never had much luck with this to be honest. I felt as though it made the symptoms a little worse.

Just focus on restoring your body and mind. Sleep, nutrition (eating and a quality multivitamin) , seratonin, etc. It not being there to bleed you dry is a great opportunity to recover, and store up for the next run. I wish I could say moderate while you have it and won't be so harsh to go without, but know how it goes. Over 15 years of the routine and never had any self control. She likes to abuse back, that's for sure

Just stop.
No need to prolong it.

Haha you're funny. No, only thing getting me through this with a low amount of pain is knowing I'll have more.

And stop posting about how other withdrawals are worse. I don't care about other withdrawal syndromes.

I found piracetam to be very helpful with the brain fog that results from amphetamine withdrawal. It also seemed to help with mood as amphetamine withdrawal can be very dramatic IME.

As others have said exercise, healthy eating and such are also great. The good thing about amphetamine withdrawal is that it isn't physically debilitating like opiate withdrawal or benzo withdrawal. The mental effects do suck but if you distract yourself, you can almost forget about the W/D's for short periods of time.

I'd also recommend you not sleep too much. If you end up sleeping like 18 hours and mess up your sleep schedule, it just makes things worse.

I've been using amphetamines nonstop for about a month since my last break, and I need to go without for 10 days when I get my script filled. Any tips on how to make the next 10 days less torturous?

I'd say get some Pseudoephedrine and use that while you wait for your script to be refilled. If you take around 250 MG's of Pseudo it kind of mimics the effects of Dextroamphetamine, but not as quite as powerful. I'd do that if I was you. However, if you do decided to do that, DO NOT take more than 600-650 MG's of Pseudoephedrine in a 24 hour period. People tend to overdose by taking more than 650 MG's in one day.

With stimulants, the only way to avoid negative symptoms of withdrawal (fatigue, crankiness, etc) is by taking more stimulants. Sleeping helps, but the moodiness and brain fog will still be there.

Yerba mate is a great stim that's slightly more potent than plain caffeine and less jittery. B-vitamins, green tea and drugs containing pseudoephedrine can help keep you alert too. If shit gets REALLY unpleasant, you could pick up a Benzedrex inhaler from Walgreen's. Not recommended though, as it carries risks of its own.