• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Tips about preventing hangover?

talkin2myself

Bluelighter
Some serious shit went down this week, today I will get drunk af. (Love is evil, say it backwards it shows you...)

I read a lot about hangover prevention but they never mention if those methods (eating fatty lunch before you drink, etc.) make you less drunk, or just makes the hangover easier? Because I want to get really-really wasted. I'm looking for something that doesn't messes with my buzz, but makes it easier for tomorrow. If there's any. (I'll smoke a bowl or two aswell, before I open the first bottle, I don't know why but my hangovers are less torturing mentally if I add some bud to the mix.)

I use metamizole for hangover headache it's very effective, is it harmful? I know Klonopin is the magic potion, it blows away my hangover in an hour, but sadly I just ran out of it. All I have is Seroquel, they say sleep is the best thing you can do against hangover, and it puts me to sleep very well, but are there any risks of using quetiapine for a hangover?

Any other tips (that you can't find by google) are welcomed. :)

There's only one way to prevent a hangover.

Once you already have one, the best cure is often an extreme version of the preventative measure you failed to do in time, electrolyte and hydration balancing. Literally all you have to do not get hangovers is 1) not consume insane amounts of alcohol, 2) When you DO drink, drink water or diluted gatorade, 1 glass of it for every serving of alcohol, blaze 2, get at me in the morning.

There's only one way to prevent a hangover.

2) When you DO drink, drink water or diluted gatorade, 1 glass of it for every serving of alcohol, blaze

definitely drink lots and lots of water. smoking gives me the spins and makes me barf when hungover, so maybe it's a mixed bag. hair of the dog works pretty well if you don't mind getting a bit tipsy again.

Back when I was drinking alcohol I always drank at least half a litre of water before going to bed additional to drinking non-alcoholic fluids during the session.
You have to piss a lot but this Dehydration-prevention method has always proven itself. Also Magnesium and a nice tea on the hangover day made me feel comfortable.

Not to recommend: Opioids and benzos even if they help a lot...weed is prefered.

hair of the dog works pretty well if you don't mind getting a bit tipsy again.

More power to you if it works for you. I'm an alcoholic and I just end up getting drunk again.

tricomb said:
Literally all you have to do not get hangovers is 1) not consume insane amounts of alcohol

This is really the only thing that I can say really works, but again, I'm an alcoholic and I always ended up consuming insane amounts when I drank. Eating while drinking only slows absorption. All the alcohol you consume will eventually be absorbed by the body. B vitamins seem to help, but really in my experience (and I drank a LOT), the only thing that gets rid of a hangover is time.

because it came up, although I do recommend blazing 2 for a hangover, what I meant was before passing out the night before for the least side effects the next day, AKA what this thread is aiming for.

Most of the stuff that actually helps hangover symptoms is also really dangerous, if you're that shit faced.

Before bed, hydration is key. Lots of water.

THE NEXT MORNING, I find that 25-50mg of benadryl really helps the nausea and 200-400mg of ibuprofen, about 30 minutes later, takes care of the headache. You're left feeling kind of groggy, but still functional. Don't take these before bed - especially the ibuprofen - it's horrible on your kidneys in combination with alcohol.

Hydration and electrolyte balancing will remove 99.9% of a hangover, isotonic sports drinks are brilliant.
Avoid Caffeine unless you get headaches without your morning coffee.

It seems a grave betrayal, doesn’t it? You unpocket a wad of cash to rescue those drinks from a purposeless existence and give them a home. Then, after a bit of hoorahing and carrying you about on their shoulders, the moment you go nighty-night the ingrates turn on you like a pack of teenage werewolves. You awake from a troubled sleep to find the little bastards have successfully conspired to roll you into Hell.

“Who hath woe? Who hath sorrow?” the Old Testament wonders, then gamely pounces on its own question: “They that tarry long at the wine.”

In other words, us.

That woe and sorrow is the boogyman that has bedeviled humankind since we solved the riddle of what to do with all that extra grain and produce left over from the harvest. It has frightened many a strong man from the booze, however temporarily. It has played a part in the defeat of armies and the collapse of empires. It is the crude exclamation point on wedding receptions and New Year’s celebrations. And for some of us, it is how we start our day.

The main reason the hangover seems so oppressive, why its effects are so mythologized in books and barrooms, is because it stands in such stark contrast to what gave it birth the night before: The noble and kind king sires and surrenders his crown to a sadistic cretin, and overnight Camelot transforms into Mordor.

(continues)

article on the subject from Modern Drunkard magazine

and another

^^^^that was awesome!

Pedialyte my friend. One bottle before bed one bottle after. And look man if a girl/guy broke your heart just look down the avenue, there are so many more.

A more serious answer:

1 liter of D5NS, i.v. drip (=5% dextrose, 0.9% saline; other options D5½NS, potassium may help but at your own risk)
10mg diazepam

not everyone has access to the equipment and drugs
but this is a pretty much rock solid hangover cure
good luck starting an i.v. on yourself with shaky hands though
but in my training we would do it to one another after a night of partyin

being a daily boozer for 2 yrs and counting
some water , gatorade or down some pedialyte before heading to bed i prefer pedialyte along with a b12 multivitamin or take the b12 upon waking
dehydration is the major cause of hangovers along with vitamin deficiency which exactly what alcohol does to you
nothing but time and re-hydration will cure a hangover there is no miracle anti hangover remedy
a benzo might help the morning after
it does for me when i forget to drink any water the night before

Oddly enough, one time that I got a small bottle of Gatorade for the very purpose of restoring electrolytes while drinking, I ended up with one of the worst hangovers I've had. (I always drank a lot of water and tea while drinking besides that anyway.)
I don't know if it's technically true, but I seem to remember pacing out my drinking could help preventing a hangover (or at least minimizing it). So, having one drink every twenty minutes or something instead of having three drinks all at once per hour. (I haven't had alcohol in a while, though, so I can't quite remember how or even if that worked. The memories are all a little... fuzzy, y'know. ;))
Basically, as others have said, staying hydrated and getting plenty of vitamins/minerals/electrolytes. Getting both is important. Also, I think whiskey and possibly other dark liquors contain something that actually makes hangovers worse (can't remember what it is), so it'd probably be better to avoid that. Keep in mind, though, that alcohol is basically poison, so if you're going to be drinking a ton, some degree of hangover is pretty much unavoidable.

^I think you're thinking of fusel oils, but I may be misremembering.

OT, I've always favoured cheesy chips and a bottle of water from the kebabby at the end of the night, or a fried egg and toast sandwich the next day. No idea if it actually helps, but it certainly makes you feel better. Other than that, time is the best cure for a hangover on the books. You've just got to accept the price for a night of fun the next day.

^I think you're thinking of fusel oils, but I may be misremembering.

(snip)...or a fried egg and toast sandwich the next day...(snip)
Oh, actually, I've heard there's some enzyme in eggs that can help break down the acetaldehyde, so that very well could be true.

And yeah, I think I was thinking of the fusel oils.

A more serious answer:

1 liter of D5NS, i.v. drip (=5% dextrose, 0.9% saline; other options D5½NS, potassium may help but at your own risk)
10mg diazepam

not everyone has access to the equipment and drugs

but this is a pretty much rock solid hangover cure
good luck starting an i.v. on yourself with shaky hands though
but in my training we would do it to one another after a night of partyin

I hate saline drips almost as much as 10 mg butt shots of diazepam.naw best hangover cure is smoking copious amounts of weed in the night-morning