• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tiny red specs in meth: normal?

Lizabeth

Bluelighter
I’ve been extremely Cautious, and far more careful as a recent than normal. I am an IV meth user, And you can never be too careful especially when You’re making an idiotic decision like I am and putting that stuff into your veins. I always look at it first, and make sure that it tastes and smells familiar. But I don’t really ever know of any way to be sure for certain. The stuff that I have has tiny specks of red in it? I’ve never seen that before, but I’ve also never looked as closely. Hard to see unless up close. Is this normal?

Also, is there anyway to truly test the product before you do it to know that there’s not something dangerous in it? I know it’s already dangerous because it’s meth, but you get what I mean. Because I don’t just smoke it, I have to be extra careful. Especially after some thing that I did not long ago made me so incredibly ill.

There is no way to tell you what those red specks are. This is my opinion from my personal experience and I may be very wrong.

Shake and bake done with the red sudafed pills usually has lots of little red flecks in it because of the casing of the pill floating around in there. If that is what it is, they didn't filter very well.

Anything that looks strange about your meth needs to be treated with caution. An actone wash, a bleach test, burn test. It could be crushed up pills used to cut. There is really no telling.

If they messed up so bad that there are little flecks of pseudo in it, then there is more than likely more very dangerous contamination from the cook.

There are other red ingredients used also in various cooks. None of them good. Iodine crystals, red phosphorous, ect.

It could also be strawberry flavoring for the smokers
And I have no clue what chili P is from breaking bad? Is whatever these little red specs are going to fucking kill me or what? I’ve never seen anything like that before. Even after I mix it with water there’s still a bunch of tiny red specs in it.

Whoops I
It could be some dumbass cook trying to replicate the "chili-p" containing meth referenced in Breaking Bad😂
Whoops I meant to comment directly on this. Like I said below I have no idea what Chili P is from breaking bad? I don’t know, but I’ve never seen that little tiny red specs in my stuff before. I went to dissolve it in water and filter it through a cotton, and whatever it is I didn’t dissolve and there’s just a bunch of tiny red dots all over the cotton that I used. Is this shit going to kill me or what?

Whoops I

Whoops I meant to comment directly on this. Like I said below I have no idea what Chili P is from breaking bad? I don’t know, but I’ve never seen that little tiny red specs in my stuff before. I went to dissolve it in water and filter it through a cotton, and whatever it is I didn’t dissolve and there’s just a bunch of tiny red dots all over the cotton that I used. Is this shit going to kill me or what?
Dunno what it is, I'm sorry.

If you were told its bangers dope then it may be a specific cut used for shooting.

If they messed up so bad that there are little flecks of pseudo in it, then there is more than likely more very dangerous contamination from the cook.
Hi LadyA,
could I trouble you to explain what might be the effects of doing contaminated meth made by this type of shitty cook?

Whoops I

Chili pepper added to Jesse's pre-Walter White meth...

It doesn't make sense to have methamphetamine hydrochloride existing in intimate contact with lye (sodium hydroxide). Especially in solution, this is classic acid/base chemistry, alkaloid salt + base = alkaloid base + salt. You'd form water-insoluble methamp freebase (a corrosive, smelly oil). It would not be a clear solution at all.

During extraction of the freebase meth with an organic solvent is enough to exclude the presence of lye. (NaOH is very polar, will always end up in the water phase of an extraction). And I don't think that lye is utilized at all by the time you are producing the HCl salt (i.e. adding HCl to the freebase to form meth.HCl) - it would be a safe assumption if it were present, it would all turn to sodium chloride.

The effects you suffered seem more indicative of an outright overdose. Lye and its solutions are one of the most corrosive, destructive things to expose yourself to (go watch the scene in Fight Club... also, remember that exposure to strong alkali will literally liquify tissue(!!!), used by some hippies as a funerary practice, and the cartels too). I would expect an IV injection of lye (or other excessively high pH liquid) would leave a trail of tissue destruction, necrosis, and severe inflammation starting at the injection site and extending towards the heart, not to mention otherworldly pain.

Even if it did, as soon as a mixture of meth and lye has water added to it, there will be notable formation of oily, stanky freebase that will not mix with water no matter what you try. I would hope that it'd be obviously Not Right.... Try it sometime on a miniscule sample if you don't believe me.

Honestly if I just read the description of the effects you experienced without reading about the lye, you sure could have fooled me into saying that was an overdose, it sure has strong similarities to experiences of meth ODs (paranoia, hypervigilance, crazy high blood pressure, vomiting, general dysphoria/malaise are all known to happen). It just doesn't match up with the typical signs of alkali exposure either (which is usually mostly just destruction of tissue rather than CNS activity).

It's impossible to tell though, certainly we are in agreement that it's not something you'd want to repeat soon :)

Where would the lithium come from? [edit] Lithium from a Birch reaction?

Seems unlikely, lithium is an alkali metal in the same family as sodium/potassium, existing generally as ionic compounds that would not behave the same as methamphetamine freebase.

Also, aren't therapeutic doses of lithium in the hundreds of milligrams per day level? Meth is 100x more active in comparison, so a 5% (or even maybe 50% +) lithium chloride impurity wouldn't be sufficient to OD.

Honestly despite the playground rumors that incite fear by implying methamphetamine contains varying materials used for its production, generally speaking meth is actually more toxic than most of the so-called "toxic impurities" claimed by some definitions. I guarantee you can cause more problems with a gram of meth than a gram of acetone. And if that worries you, let me tell you how they manufacture the anracids, painkillers, and antibiotics used in meidicine these days....they use equally nasty reagents!

I dunno, my thinking goes that Occam's razor implies that the simplest explanation is probably most likely, and to me the simplest explanation is, meth alone caused this. This is not the first case of such a complaint (seasoned user doses witth meth, has incredibly negative experience, then cannot reconcile this with the notion that meth is supposed to be euphoric and decide there must be another contaminant) either.

Last edited:
Where would the lithium come from?
The cook, how in the world it would have gotten into the final product, I don't know because I was very new, but something really terrible happened that night and we couldn't figure out what it was. It felt like my blood was made of electricity, it was awful and it never happened again