View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Tingling with tryptamines

Keeloverandfly

Bluelighter
Anyone get tingling extremities during tryptamine use? I trip maybe once a month, mainly 4 aco met, 20-30mg, and I often get tingling in my hands. What could it be? I don’t have any other negative effects… I don’t think this happens with other hallucinogens I take.

Well if it is just body high, it isn’t pleasant. I have good tingles throughout my body with goose bumps, but this seems like just my hands “falling asleep”. It usually happens when I am lying still for 10-20 minutes just bugging out on the beauty of CEVs. It worries my that I am causing some sort of serious circulation or nerve problem. Perhaps on the next trip I will focus on breathing and hang out in an ergonomic position and see if it happens, because maybe I’m just holding my body in strange ways…

Is it only during the experience, or persist afterward?

It is during the experience, while peaking, then dissipates. It hasn’t happened every time but the last several times.

I also have nerve problems in my arm as of late (though didn’t have problems before and still had tingles), and general wonky circulation due to a rare birth defect. No other drugs have done this to me (mushrooms, acid, ketamine, mdma, moxy, weed…).

I’m wondering what tingling is indicative of. Circulation? Nerves? Other?

I've noticed that as I get older, I invariably experience some tingling in my hands and fingers around the 7-hour mark of an acid trip. My experience tells me that the stuff is pure, so I suspect it's a circulation thing. It disappears after a few minutes and doesn't return. I realise that acid is an indole and you are asking about tryptamines, so maybe it's a totally different thing.

Yeah, it sounds to me like some kind of circulation issue too, but discerning can be difficult under the effect. In any case, I would check for blood circulation enhancers just in case

Yeah, it sounds to me like some kind of circulation issue too, but discerning can be difficult under the effect. In any case, I would check for blood circulation enhancers just in case
What are blood circulation enhancers?

I've noticed that as I get older, I invariably experience some tingling in my hands and fingers around the 7-hour mark of an acid trip. My experience tells me that the stuff is pure, so I suspect it's a circulation thing. It disappears after a few minutes and doesn't return. I realise that acid is an indole and you are asking about tryptamines, so maybe it's a totally different thing.

Out of curiosity how old are you? I’m in my mid 30s.

I'm speaking from 2nd hand experience but a friend of mine who is a notorious hardheaded described similar effects after high dose mushrooms. I think for them, it's so uncomfortable they just wont take high dose mushroom. 70mg 2cb? No problem. 7g of mushrooms not anymore apparently.

Well what is annoying is that it seems to be with medium dose 4-aco-met for me, and I reallllllly like this stuff. The closed eyes visuals, easy head space… I just got few other 4 sub tryptamines and am eager to try them but not eager to have these effects. I have no desire to increase the dose, both because of this weird effect and because I generally am happy with medium doses of all psychedelics. Probably over 100 trips and I’ve never taken more than 3,5 of mushrooms, 150ug acid, and so on. I just want to keep taking this stuff in medium doses, but I’m bummed others aren’t chiming in saying it’s normal. Now I’m having second guesses!

I agree it's the vasoconstriction limiting blood circulation.

To counteract it you can improve your physical health, or simply combine with a vasodilating compound. Also, if you can find a way to emotionally ground yourself, that will help. The vasoconstriction is exacerbated by stress, as is the anxiety over it (a vicious cycle i guess). Warm clothes and blankets are helpful too of course.

Last edited:
i will do everything I can to be ready circulation wise for my next 4-x-x trip, and will report back. I was all but stressed when it happened this time, but I do have a lot of tension and nerve problems right now due to computer work and over practicing of instruments with poor posture.

I'm speaking from 2nd hand experience but a friend of mine who is a notorious hardheaded described similar effects after high dose mushrooms. I think for them, it's so uncomfortable they just wont take high dose mushroom. 70mg 2cb? No problem. 7g of mushrooms not anymore apparently.

Little story from my childhood that I’ve probably said on here before…

I had a half eighth of mushrooms and ate only 1.4g that night, had a good time with friends. Got home and was smoking bud with friends when I decided there was no point in saving the .3g and ate it.

About 15mins later I noticed a distinct tingly numbness on the tip of my left pinky. It was very noticeable. Over the next 15mins it slowly spread up my arm, covered my left half of the body then the right. I could hardly move it was so fucked up and disorienting. I then spent the next 5-6hrs tripping hard in my bed listening to aboriginal style alien music, anytime I tried to get comfortable the aliens would scream to wake me up. Not fun.

That tingly numbness was so extreme, I honestly was worried for a little bit. Probably the scariest mushroom trip I’ve had. Maybe..

-GC

What are blood circulation enhancers?

Out of curiosity how old are you? I’m in my mid 30s.
67.5 and counting. And healthy :) . I blame the judicious use of psychedelics for my persistent joy. As well as my significant other of course, who also benefits from these incredibly lovely substances.

It does sound like it could be due to circulation issues, could also just be a body high.

Maybe try to be more mindful while you're tripping and move your body more? Pace around the room, go for a walk, stretch (I LOVE stretching while tripping). Anything to get the blood flowing.

I also always keep capsules of Cayenne Pepper around and I recommend it a lot. I mainly use it for high BP from dissociatives and stimulants and circulation issues cause by stimulants. I find that it works quickly and is rather effective. The capsaicin in Cayenne Pepper is a rather effective vasodilator. Just be sure to have some Tums or something handy because when the capsule pops it feels like intense heartburn.

If that reassures you, I have the same thing with 4-HO-MET, Mushrooms (I did it when I was 20 - 25 yo). I'm 30 now but I haven't tried it again. Maybe in the future...
Are you a smoker? I'm still smoking cigarette so I think it can cause vasoconstrictions. When It happened I used to do something else to keep my mind busy! You should be fine.

If that reassures you, I have the same thing with 4-HO-MET, Mushrooms (I did it when I was 20 - 25 yo). I'm 30 now but I haven't tried it again. Maybe in the future...
Are you a smoker? I'm still smoking cigarette so I think it can cause vasoconstrictions. When It happened I used to do something else to keep my mind busy! You should be fine.
Interesting! Thanks for letting me know. I don’t smoke anything but I do have very strange circulation due to a genetic issue. Yeah I don’t freak out when it happens and it is easy to be distracted by other things, but like with any body load and drugs there is always the nagging in the back of my head: is this a symptom of imminent death… oh look at the pretty colors!