• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Tincture question

losthippy

Bluelighter
A few male flowers developed unseen on a vigorous sativa female a month shy of harvest and contaminated a fair bit of bud. The resulting seed is largely immature and difficult to extract for a mix. The harsh, burned taste undoes what is otherwise a decent choof. Can I use this seedy bud to make a bulk tincture from? The Green Dragon method has worked well enough in the past using unseeded bud, but I'm wondering whether the oil from broken or under-developed seed would flash-off during decarbing and effect the batch somehow. And if 'yes' I'd imagine making budder from this seeded bud would also be a bit disappointing. Any advice on how (or if) to proceed with a tinture would be appreciated.

Seed oil might make it taste plant-y and if there are a lot of them it could slightly effect potency but nothing else would be noticeably different in the tincture.

^ Cheers. Sadly, there's a fair bit of seed and no way to break the buds down enough for decarbing without damaging them. I'm using a domestic oven so it tends to run hot and would likely scorch all that oily embryonic matter.

Make RSO (FECO)?

Dont reuse the seed unless you can identify males/females early in the veg state