• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants TINA took my boyfriend

Truelove33

Bluelighter
3 weeks ago my boyfriend took his first hit of crystal. Instantly fell in love. He spent his days chasing the high but slept every night. Until I found him dead on his bedroom floor. How does a person die so quickly when others hit the pipe for years? This isn’t something I can discuss with my soccer mom friends. I’ve been a long time reader of blue light. Came here almost a decade ago when I was given vyvanse for my adhd. Just looking for better street knowledge than I have the cred for..

I'm so sorry for your loss. :( that is tragic.

I would guess an underlying medical condition, drug interaction (either other street drugs or medication), or the meth was potentially laced with fentanyl which is sadly becoming common in the US.

Meth overdoses (by itself) are typically not fatal events.

it has become a very serious problem in the US, something like 30-60% of tested street meth, cocaine and other drugs like bootleg xanax has tested positive for fentanyl

it's infiltrated everything
Hi @Truelove33 I just replied to your other thread in the Introductions section, but I was also going to say this. Whatever he was smoking could've been laced with fentanyl. Did his family have a toxicology report done?

Thank you everyone for the kind words and information. Autopsy was inconclusive and we are waiting on the toxicology report. It was treated as a crime scene due to his young age and dying alone. I feel the burning stares of his family as we all try to figure out what happened. Much love to all who responded.

it has become a very serious problem in the US, something like 30-60% of tested street meth, cocaine and other drugs like bootleg xanax has tested positive for fentanyl

it's infiltrated everything
Had no idea… we’ve always test our Coke but never thought about testing the meth. It’s so cheap to begin with.. didn’t cross my mind it could be cut with fentanyl. Education is a must! Thank you bluelight friends

I have had several friends die from fent laced coke... I don't hang out with people who do meth, really, but I have heard of meth sometimes ending up with fent in it. Personally I believe this is most likely an accident, due to all these drugs being packaged in facilities in Mexico (assuming you're in the US), where it would be easy for a brick of coke or a chunk of meth to accidentally rest on a spot of fentanyl, which sticks to it, and now you have a deadly hot spot on a drug that people aren't even thinking about fentanyl with.

I'm sorry for your loss. <3 I can't imagine. I am trying to convince all my friends to get narcan and fentanyl test strips. I have some and keep some in my car, and some at my house. That way, if I am ever out doing drugs and someone falls out, I will have narcan nearby. I try to remember to tell the people I am with that I have it in my car... I don't always remember. So far only one of my friends has followed my footsteps, and it was actually her idea originally. I wish everyone would, it would make me feel better. Sadly, fentanyl is showing up in everything these days, here and there. It's like Russian roulette.

Thank you everyone for the kind words and information. Autopsy was inconclusive and we are waiting on the toxicology report. It was treated as a crime scene due to his young age and dying alone. I feel the burning stares of his family as we all try to figure out what happened. Much love to all who responded.
You've been in my thoughts, I hope you're doing okay.

I have had several friends die from fent laced coke... I don't hang out with people who do meth, really, but I have heard of meth sometimes ending up with fent in it. Personally I believe this is most likely an accident, due to all these drugs being packaged in facilities in Mexico (assuming you're in the US), where it would be easy for a brick of coke or a chunk of meth to accidentally rest on a spot of fentanyl, which sticks to it, and now you have a deadly hot spot on a drug that people aren't even thinking about fentanyl with.

I'm sorry for your loss. <3 I can't imagine. I am trying to convince all my friends to get narcan and fentanyl test strips. I have some and keep some in my car, and some at my house. That way, if I am ever out doing drugs and someone falls out, I will have narcan nearby. I try to remember to tell the people I am with that I have it in my car... I don't always remember. So far only one of my friends has followed my footsteps, and it was actually her idea originally. I wish everyone would, it would make me feel better. Sadly, fentanyl is showing up in everything these days, here and there. It's like Russian roulette.
I flushed almost an 🎱 of tested I’d been saving for the Fleetwood Mac concert at red rocks this weekend. (Yes I’m old) just not worth it anymore

The wait for a toxicology report is like time standing still 🫥
Oh honey :( Big hugs <3
It was the same for my best friend who died 6 years ago. We actually didn't have his funeral until after the tox report was finalised and it was such a long, incredibly painful wait. Much more so for his family and his poor mother.
I hope you get answers soon <3
How are you holding up?

I’m ok.. keeping busy. My house has never been so clean!

We had a service and then his family had him cremated. But the funeral home can’t release his ashes until they have a death certificate. Can’t get a death certificate until cause of death is determined. The wait is brutal.

I’m sorry your lost your bestie.. sometimes our friends are our true soulmates. Hugs 💕

I’m ok.. keeping busy. My house has never been so clean!

We had a service and then his family had him cremated. But the funeral home can’t release his ashes until they have a death certificate. Can’t get a death certificate until cause of death is determined. The wait is brutal.

I’m sorry your lost your bestie.. sometimes our friends are our true soulmates. Hugs 💕
Thank you honey. You've been in my thoughts. I know it is so so hard right now but you will be okay. Do you have any pets? Cuddling something furry can really help in times like this <3

It's not usual for meth to result in death this quickly, but it can happen. Cardiac arrest is the most common cause of it due to amphetamines. Like people!e said, fentanyl can be laced I. It as well. I need to get updated on this because just a year ago the percentages were in fact not reported as high as they are this year, here, by people in US overdose mortality research from what I learned then. Fentany is becoming a bigger and bigger problem. Here in Canada as well, but in the US especially.

I can't make suppositoons as to whether he had any laced product, so to answer about this toward meth in and of itself. If that's all he had, he was just unfortunate. Usually people do use it for much longer before the cumulative effects result in any kind of mortality.