European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

timeframes

Coffeeshroom

Bluelight Crew
Can someone maybe explain how the whole time difference between countries work. Sorry if it's the wrong thread. This has been a discussion between me and @Fairy of the Flowers for a month or so.

The distance apart: Johannesburg to UK = 9,071 km
The distance apart: Johannesburg to Australia = 10201 km

Time frame distance: Australia is 8 hrs ahead of me ( South Africa )
Time frame distance: UK is 1 hr behind of me ( South Africa )

So with the distance being more or less the same why is there such a massive time gap between the two?

Only reason i used Australia as a reference was because i have family there.

So the main q is why is there only an 1hr difference between me and England but such a massive difference between me and Australia.

Guess for some this is a stupid question but for entertainment reasons can anyone or would anyone please help me understand this, even if it makes me look like a complete fool

uk-south africa is north to south
south africa-australia is east to west

time zones are set such that the sun should roughly rise and set at the same times, this depends on your longitude. so time zones vary with longitude. changing latitude, i.e. the north/south variation, doesn't affect the time zone because you are moving along the line at which the sun sets at the same time. if that makes any sense whatsoever. and obviously once you get to a pole and start changing your latitude on the other side of the earth, than everythings flipped.

@chinup that more or less made sense to me and helped me to research it further with the right words needed to get an answer. Thank you

i can't fucking believe also
you know that sun rises in East and fall in the west, So google meridians and count them beetween UK and Croatia which is only +1hr, and then count them between UK and Australia...South Africa is f....South...
so why do sun rises at east? because Earth's to rotate one time by own axix lasts 24 hours on that course so for as it rotates in that way...only way

1024px-World_Time_Zones_Map.png

"Do you know how many time zones they have?"
"Uh, yessir. Uh, four ... uh, nosir. I never really studied that up."
"Eleven."
"Eleven. It's not even funny."
"Eleven."
"Eleven. That's, that's ridiculous."