• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Time goes by faster on xanax

xannyhead

Bluelighter
So yesterday was my first day at a new school, and I was so nervous to a point I couldnt stop shaking. I took a bar before arriving there, and it kicked in as soon as I arrived. I realized that time went by wondrously fast, and automatically tought that it could be a side effect of the xanax I had taken. My question is: Does xanax make the time go by faster?

Yes, i had the same experience as you at my 6hr college orientation. Took 1mg klonopin and it only seemed like 2-3 hours

This is why benzos can be so addicting. If I take a small dose of a benzo at work the day flies by...seems so simple. Then you become addicted and all hell breaks lose. Finding a balance is key.

Yes. They change your perception of time.

When you're experiencing something traumatic and your adrenaline is kicked into high gear, things naturally feel like they slow down around you because your brain is actually functioning differently to help you focus and deal with the situation. Benzos basically do the opposite.

time also seems to go by faster because you dont remember a fair amount of the day

in my experience.

Other than brief blackouts, being in and out of consciousness and not giving a flying FUCK yes the time passes so fast it's fucken great for long trips or boring classes that are easy A's.

Don't discount the bifurcation of the space-time continuum that xanax causes as well..