L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Time Frame Makes Things Difficult to Date

stolemyheart87

Ex-Bluelighter
A few months ago, I dated this one guy for a month, his work schedule consisted of him working during the week of 8AM-5-7PM, and Saturdays 8AM-12PM and Sundays off I THINK. This guy recently reconnected with me, and wants us to go out on dates again, while he gets his life together. That said, his Saturday schedule makes things a bit difficult, if him and I wanted to go to a museum or the zoo, they close at 5PM, and with traffic and driving distance, him getting to my place at like 12:30-1PM and us driving to the zoo or the museum could take anywhere from 20-45 minutes, then having time to see the place itself, between that time frame of like 2-5PM is quite difficult. So how would you work in a museum or zoo with this work schedule and this time framing situation. Is it possible or just not possible to work out?

If your thinking about how the schedule will not work before trying then I would take that as a sign that your not that interested in him.

Was he working those hours because he could for extra $'s or was that his schedule? Was it every Saturday or was it on a rotation ? Why couldn't you meet him at his work and do something in that area that wouldn't include a long drive to eat up your 'free' time.

This is my schedule:
Monday: 7AM-9PM -Bf and I don't see each other.
Tuesday: 7AM-5PM - Bf and I get dinner; he starts work at 9PM.
Wednesday: 7AM-9PM - Bf and I don't see each other.
Thursday: 7AM-4PM - Bf and I get dinner and drinks, he's off.
Friday: 7AM-9PM - Bf and I don't see each other.
Saturday: 9AM-6PM - Bf and I get dinner with friends.
Sunday: 9AM-6PM - Bf and I get dinner.

So, do I think that if two people love each other but have crazy schedules can make it work? Yes.
I agree with Bearlove, you questioning the relationship before it even begins says something.

Well me and this guy dated before and it was difficult with his scheduling so this time not sure if it will be a repeat or something different.

Why not just go on Sunday considering he has the day off? And why don't you speak to him about your concerns?

Of course this schedule could work. But, if you're that set on the zoo and museum on a Saturday, three hours isn't long enough for you, and you're not willing to do anything else...then you may not be flexible enough for this to work out.

It didn't work the first time because you two couldn't compromise and make it work I assume. Whether it is a repeat or something different depends on the both of you, and unless you communicate with him and are willing to work together, then you may as well not bother imo.

Last edited:
Women will often tell me they think that they are too busy to date right now, after chatting for some time. It's just a white-lie way of telling me to fuck off and I'm not worth a damn, as they found someone better.

No because I don't want to be noisy about his scheduling and work time. If he wanted me to know it again he would remind me lol.

You're asking us if this relationship can work with this schedule he is on, but you won't ask him about his schedule because it would be nosy? How are we supposed to answer this question then? We can't exactly ask him for you.

Discuss your concerns with him like an adult, or just let it go and tell him it's not going to work, which it won't if you can't even communicate about the most basic of things.

1 Month Guy Returns but Does He Want to Date Me?

A few months ago, I dated this one guy for 1 month, but things didn't work out between us. Then the week of Thanksgiving he messages me online and we both started talking again, and wanted to date one another again. This is the chat we had about trying to set up our first date together.

On November 25th

HIM: "So. Tomorrow or Sunday?"

ME: "I don't know. I heard it was going to rain this weekend. lol"

HIM" OK. We can stay in. I know you are very cautious, but I would enjoy watching a movie at your home with you. But we can wait for that."

ME: "Yeah let's hold off on that for another time. We could try doing Sunday's Christmas event out in Hollywood, but again with the rain, who knows how it will go down or if it will still happen. My phone says it will rain sometime this weekend unless it's lying lol."

HIM: "Google says rain."

ME: "What do you think? Are you able to drive in the rain or you rather not take a chance, plus it is also still black friday/thanksgiving time so crowds may be packed. what do you think we should do?"

HIM: "I'll drive in the rain, but I don't want to be outside in the rain."

ME: "Okay lol."

On November 27th - DATE DAY

ME: "So did you still want to go out today or want to hold off until this week/weekend?" Referring to the week of December 1st

HIM: "Next week is better. It's raining a lot here."

ME: "Okay."

So DATE 1 did not happen due to the weather.

BUT the week of December 1st and its weekend came and went and DATE 1 make up never happened.

Last time I spoke to him was Friday December 2nd around 11AM since then no word about trying again as far as doing another make up date for DATE 1 or talking to me in general.

This guy says he does like me, and does want us to date again, but then again look what's happening. I am unsure on what to think or what to do. What should I do?

Plain and simple he is not into you. Rain has never stopped anyone from seeing anyone, that was a terrible excuse to let someone down easy that you just don't find attractive. Respect yourself and don't play by his rules and go at his pace....make your own rules and pace and if he is interested he will do what it takes.

I am not going to be the one here doing all the chasing and messaging him when I am the only one making the moves here, setting up the dates and this and that and he isn't doing nothing thats not right.

Okay so, if it was raining hard as hell, roads slippery like heck, you would go out on a date, in the hard pouring rain, driving and possibly crashing your car?

Plain and simple he is not into you. Rain has never stopped anyone from seeing anyone, that was a terrible excuse to let someone down easy that you just don't find attractive. Respect yourself and don't play by his rules and go at his pace....make your own rules and pace and if he is interested he will do what it takes.

I would agree with the sentiment, but she actually mentioned the rain initially, not him.

Okay so, if it was raining hard as hell, roads slippery like heck, you would go out on a date, in the hard pouring rain, driving and possibly crashing your car?

Yes, I wouldn't let rain stop me at all. Do you have monsoons or something with widespread flooding? It rains on a relatively regular basis here, it's no big deal. You just learn to deal with it.

People drive every time it rains and whilst I'm sure that statistically road accidents will increase, the chances of being in an accident is still pretty rare. IMO it's pretty paranoid to assume that there will be an accident. People continue to drive every single time it rains.

Whilst there is a chance that he was attempting to sleep with you (which is of course is fine [and so is you being weary] - I and many others consider it an essential, natural part of building a relationship), there is also a chance that he did actually want to make a go of it.

From what I'm reading there though, if I did want to make a go of it and you put the date off because of potential rain from a weather forecast, then I'd maybe consider that you weren't very interested. It sounded to me like you were stalling. Perhaps he considers that an issue?

*Edit: I've just read the other post about him finishing at 12pm so you couldn't go to, for example, a museum or zoo. It sounds to me like you're *massively* over analysing planning a date. His hours are hardly abnormal, and neither is going out in the rain. If it's too late for the zoo (and five hours sounds like ample time to me), then go somewhere else. If it's raining, go somewhere indoors.

Last edited:
But he just tried to make a move on the date (in the other thread), and you put it off because of a completely normal weather forecast (rain) and the fact it was still black Friday and thanksgiving. Baring in mind that he literally tried to make things happen by suggesting a date 'today or tomorrow', your response would indicate one of a two different things to me.

1. You weren't that interested.
2. You were worrying excessively about regular events.

Either way I would personally find that a bit off putting. No offence or out. :)

Could it be that your anxiety is preventing things from moving forward? I've just realised that you started that thread regarding your concerns with dating at Christmas time too. I'd say this is almost definitely the case.

Sounds to me like you need to just learn to go with the flow.