• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Time between Suboxone and Oxy?

Sandman58

Greenlighter
So, today i had quite the little find while moving around some furniture.... Two OP 80s, and as happy as I was it was a little frustrating because for about the past month i've been taking 2mg Suboxone/day. Can anyone possibly give me a time frame between last dose of Sub and when i can take these? I keep finding mixed answers online, and usually for people taking doses of sub like literally 10x higher than me. Any help would be appreciated =D

Hey buddy, I would just be happy about your awesome discovery instead of lingering upon the fact that you can't use it at this moment. I'll use a funny analogy. Have you ever opened your Christmas presents a day early or peaked at them? The next morning when everyone's in excited anticipation, you're sitting there wishing you could be a part of it. This is like using Opioids when you still have a significant quantity of an Opioid agonist/antagonist in your system i.e. Buprenorphine.

You're correct that there's a lot of conjecture out there surrounding this question. As per usual, a lot of said conjecture is primarily concerned with the widely varying dosage of Buprenorphine. You're on 2mg/.5mg while there are others on much higher dosages. This will work in your favor. If I were you and you really, really want to enjoy the full effect of the Oxycodone would be to wait 36-48 hours. I know that might seem a little extreme, but the more Buprenorphine you're able to excrete, the stronger effect you will get from your drugs.

I'm speaking from experience here as well. I've never been on Buprenorphine maintenance, but I've used Burpenorphine pretty extensively over the years when I've had to. I would usually wait 24 hours after taking my usual dose of 4mg/1mg and I can say that I still experience a blunted effect, even after waiting.

The ball is in your court my friend. Use what I've told you and do what makes you feel best.

Hey buddy, I would just be happy about your awesome discovery instead of lingering upon the fact that you can't use it at this moment. I'll use a funny analogy. Have you ever opened your Christmas presents a day early or peaked at them? The next morning when everyone's in excited anticipation, you're sitting there wishing you could be a part of it. This is like using Opioids when you still have a significant quantity of an Opioid agonist/antagonist in your system i.e. Buprenorphine.

You're correct that there's a lot of conjecture out there surrounding this question. As per usual, a lot of said conjecture is primarily concerned with the widely varying dosage of Buprenorphine. You're on 2mg/.5mg while there are others on much higher dosages. This will work in your favor. If I were you and you really, really want to enjoy the full effect of the Oxycodone would be to wait 36-48 hours. I know that might seem a little extreme, but the more Buprenorphine you're able to excrete, the stronger effect you will get from your drugs.

I'm speaking from experience here as well. I've never been on Buprenorphine maintenance, but I've used Burpenorphine pretty extensively over the years when I've had to. I would usually wait 24 hours after taking my usual dose of 4mg/1mg and I can say that I still experience a blunted effect, even after waiting.

The ball is in your court my friend. Use what I've told you and do what makes you feel best.

Hey man I really appreciate the feedback, and that analogy made me laugh, so apt haha. Good point though about not dwelling on the fact I can't use it, because it was quite the discovery. Sucks they aren't the OCs because they could potentially be from around the same time they changed their formula, but hey, fuck it, they'll get the job done i'm sure.

Finding them actually makes me want to do some more cleaning up and whatnot. Like a scavenger hunt for what I probably dropped while I was so fucked up that I bet I had forgotten my name a couple times. Had to have been to lose track of something like this LOL.

I have been taking 8mg sub strips for 1 year. I would say wait until you are pretty dam uncomfortable withdrawal(24-36 hours). Subs have a long half life so they stay in your system for a long period of time so to be sure you get the full effect you must wait until you are sure the subs are completely off your receptors in your brain.

Definitely wait a minimum of 36 hrs. trust me, if you want to enjoy the full effects, possibly even wait up to 48 hours (like Keif said). I have had a similar experience like yours and I only waited about 30 hours, and well yeah... I definitely felt great but it didn't knock my socks and I KNEW if i had just been a little bit more patient it would have been the world of difference. I still got high as a kite, just not soaring. Hope this helped lol