• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Time between stopping fluoxetine and taking MDMA?

SquidInSunglasses

Bluelighter
Apologies if this is answered in one of the mega-threads, but I couldn't see anything in the antidepressants & recreational drugs thread.

History: was on 20mg/day fluox for 6 weeks, stopped CT on 14th feb, had 20 mg fluox on 23rd feb as I was having somewhat annoying headaches from the withdrawal and I wanted to try and smooth out things a bit.

My question is, I'm looking to take MDMA at a show on 26th march, should the fluoxetine have cleared out enough that I will be fine to roll, or will I likely get no effect out of it? And as a followup, will the MDMA likely be at full effectiveness a week before that (the 19th of march) so I can test if the stuff I am taking is good or not, before I am at the show and it's too late to make other plans?

That would be about 4 weeks break right? I would think that should be at least on the lower bounds of 'long enough', but maybe someone with more experience can give you more info on that.

If you want to test that your MDMA is 'good', buy a reagent testing kit. Don't dose a week before just to 'test' it on yourself. Because for one thing, if it's not 'good', and turns out so something fucking awful, your whole experiment will have been quite futile because it'll be too late to turn back by the time you're realising that. For another thing, if it does turn out to be good, all you're doing is wasting all that lovely serotonin you've built up and basically guaranteeing a less intense experience the week after, plus MDMA shouldn't be dosed that frequently anyway.

Always test your stuff with a reagent kit before you try it, and then if you do still wanna 'test the batch', you probably wanna be doing that at least 6 weeks before the main event is planned, in order not to effect your experience the second time around.

Also, you should take your fluoxetine again as you start to come down from the MDMA, 4-6 hours after dropping. It's actually been shown to be very good at preventing MDMA-induced neurotoxicity.

It's about 4 weeks from the last pill, yeah.

I'm not sure where I picked up the idea you can get away with dosing once a week, thanks for correcting that. Definitely going to pick up a test kit, I was just concerned by the quantity of complaints about ineffective gear over in EADD so I was thinking better to give it the acid test, after having made sure it's legitimate MDMA of course. But I'll trust your experience in proper spacing and just go for it on the day.

Been hanging onto my fluox and sertraline for precisely that purpose. I know fluox is the standard reccomendation, but would SSRIs would work about as well?

As a followup question, I'll be headed off clubbing after the show is over, would I be better off stopping with the MDMA after the show ends and taking some other substance instead, or would I be fine to keep re-upping on MDMA all night long, and just expect to pay the price the next day?