• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Esoteric Tiletamine

Been wanting to give this one a trial for years.

Looking forward to your thoughts sekio, from what ive read the holes on it are deep as fuck. Having it in its pure form and not the mixture with the benzo that vets use is crucial. Im thinking i would fall in love with it. Been on a Ketamine/FXE combo the last few days and its been a treat. But im thinking about busting out my O-PCE soon...

Looking forward to hearing about this, a lot of people I know have talked about wanting to try it.

I tried it years ago. Orally and intravenous.

Big catch is that what I tried was the veterinary formulation of it called telazol, which contains the benzodiazepine zolazepam. So my memory of its effects were altered. Seemed to alter vision more than ketamine. And i recall a hangover of some sort.

I also played around with a veterinary formulation known as "euthasol", a compounded injectable containing pentobarbital and phenytoin. Talk about hangover inducing. And it was a little ominous playing around with something that had a tradename centered around the word euthanasia.

On a side note, despite having an even more horrible name, the good stuff is this, since it doesn't have phenytoin:

But the place I worked at used euthasol, which is pentobarbital and phenytoin. I only drank it, did not inject. I'm sure it would have felt cleaner with only pentobarbital. But barbs cause nasty hangovers on their own.

The problem with sampling these rare drugs (like tiletamine or pentobarbital) in these compounded forms is that you never really know what said drugs actually feel like given the active compounded agent.

I tried it years ago. Orally and intravenous.

Big catch is that what I tried was the veterinary formulation of it called telazol, which contains the benzodiazepine zolazepam. So my memory of its effects were altered. Seemed to alter vision more than ketamine. And i recall a hangover of some sort.

One of my closest friends manages a family-owned veterinary clinic. She has tried a few drugs but mostly what she knows about them she knows from me. One day she told me very confused about a potential new hire she had interviewed who seemed very bubbly and excited about working there who she had decided to give the job and led him to a back room where he was left alone for a moment as they prepared stuff for him. After a short while, she heard a loud thud from the back room and went to go check on the guy, where she found him passed out on the floor with a prick on the palm of his hand and an injector for Telazol in the other. She ended up calling his mom and learned that he had recently gotten out of rehab for heroin addiction and was very distraught because she didn’t really understand what had happened or why. I told her what she needed to know.

I think tiletamine sounds interesting too but I would personally guess a benzodiazepine could change it significantly in the ways I care most about, like trippiness and also mania. I bet on its own is pretty different.

I think tiletamine sounds interesting too but I would personally guess a benzodiazepine could change it significantly in the ways I care most about, like trippiness and also mania. I bet on its own is pretty different.

Yeah I'm sure it is very different on its own. All i remember was some profound visual changes, more profound than what one associates with ketamine. Then i sort of blacked out. I had a benzo tolerance at the time so zolazepam must be pretty hypnotic. Or it is dosed high in said formulated.

The other veterinary injectable I used alot of was butorphanol (stadol). It is a mixed MOR agonist-antagonist opioid, with some KOR affinity, so its a pretty dirty feeling drug, but I found it pleasurable enough to use it. Plus, it is heavily used in veterinary medicine, and comes in big bottles, so it was easy to divert. A very weird trippy high. When injected it felt like simultaneously taking a shot of morphine and a bong of salvia. Kind of a cruel drug to give an animal in pain that is already disoriented in a strange place. But it isn't entirely unenjoyable.

The other veterinary injectable I used alot of was butorphanol (stadol). It is a mixed MOR agonist-antagonist opioid, with some KOR affinity, so its a pretty dirty feeling drug, but I found it pleasurable enough to use it. Plus, it is heavily used in veterinary medicine, and comes in big bottles, so it was easy to divert. A very weird trippy high. When injected it felt like simultaneously taking a shot of morphine and a bong of salvia. Kind of a cruel drug to give an animal in pain that is already disoriented in a strange place. But it isn't entirely unenjoyable.

That sounds fun.

Yeah, I think it’s weird the drugs they give animals too. They’re like “Oh they love this one, you just put it in their food and they go right to sleep!” or whatever. (Recently had to get some sedatives for cats for a road trip.) But the drugs they give them don’t ever just do simple things like put you to sleep or help with pain…. They’re always giving them like the crappy C-class meds that cause hallucinations and weird unenjoyable body highs. They don’t tell you that part when they just want you to think your pet is getting the best care. Not that most of the techs probably really know that anyway, they just know how the animals react I’m sure.

The problem with sampling these rare drugs (like tiletamine or pentobarbital) in these compounded forms is that you never really know what said drugs actually feel like given the active compounded agent.

Tiletamine has been available for a while from somewhere (I'm not sure where actually) in its pure form as powder, I'm pretty sure from the country that sekio lives in. My guess is that sekio's incredibly informative (;)) post is about pure tiletamine.

I actually have a couple of doses I was gifted, of the pure compound. Haven't tried it yet, though.

Yes that was a good one. This stuff sounds like it would be a top notch disso in my book. Im really into O-PCE so i could see this meshing well with me. Id probably need a pretty heavy dose to get the ball rolling tho, like im thinking around 50mgs intranasally. If the stuff pops up on my radar im absolutely gonna snag it up immedietly.

The material involved is indeed pure tiletamine HCl without zolazepam.

Somewhat foolishly I ended up doing IM doses of 25-50mg, which was way too much in retrospect. Combined with redosing every 4-6h and also the whole being paraplegic in a hospital bed (been here for about 7mos now), I had a bit of a mental breakdown, lost the plot, generally went bonkers (as bonkers as possible when 2/3 your body refuses to work). As a result I got a whack of haldol, loxapine, etc. and for some genius reason was taken off the 0.5mg bid clonazepam (for chronic spasticity), which then caused a rebound episode of behaving like a lunatic (I don't recall this round though). Because benzo withdrawal is just what I needed.

What's ironic is the psych/addictions doctor sent to deal with the fallout, who you would traditionally expect to deliver the standard "drugs are bad and drug use is bad and you should feel bad for wanting to use drugs" instead went kind of like:
Doc: What happen?
sekio: I did way too much tiletamine and lost the plot.
[discussion on the pharmacology of said drug: surprisingly he recognizes the relative safety of ketamine (excl. bladder damage)]
Doc: Well, uh, the next time you want to use tiletamine at least let the nurses know? And don't do so much?

On a much more positive note, tiletamine is a big bag of dissociative goodness. Seems to cause less speech clipping and motor disturbances than ketamine. Quite a bit more stimulating. I'd compare it to a much more potent mg-for-mg cousin of MXE for those who remember it. Chemically speaking it is the thienyl analogue of O-PCE so I expect similar doses and effects.

It's so good it's to the point I want to do it again, but both a lack of funds and a deference to the sanity of the medical staff taking care of me are stopping me at the moment. Though it does help with the ennui a lot...

The material involved is indeed pure tiletamine HCl without zolazepam.

Somewhat foolishly I ended up doing IM doses of 25-50mg, which was way too much in retrospect. Combined with redosing every 4-6h and also the whole being paraplegic in a hospital bed (been here for about 7mos now), I had a bit of a mental breakdown, lost the plot, generally went bonkers (as bonkers as possible when 2/3 your body refuses to work). As a result I got a whack of haldol, loxapine, etc. and for some genius reason was taken off the 0.5mg bid clonazepam (for chronic spasticity), which then caused a rebound episode of behaving like a lunatic (I don't recall this round though). Because benzo withdrawal is just what I needed.

What's ironic is the psych/addictions doctor sent to deal with the fallout, who you would traditionally expect to deliver the standard "drugs are bad and drug use is bad and you should feel bad for wanting to use drugs" instead went kind of like:
Doc: What happen?
sekio: I did way too much tiletamine and lost the plot.
[discussion on the pharmacology of said drug: surprisingly he recognizes the relative safety of ketamine (excl. bladder damage)]
Doc: Well, uh, the next time you want to use tiletamine at least let the nurses know? And don't do so much?

On a much more positive note, tiletamine is a big bag of dissociative goodness. Seems to cause less speech clipping and motor disturbances than ketamine. Quite a bit more stimulating. I'd compare it to a much more potent mg-for-mg cousin of MXE for those who remember it. Chemically speaking it is the thienyl analogue of O-PCE so I expect similar doses and effects.

It's so good it's to the point I want to do it again, but both a lack of funds and a deference to the sanity of the medical staff taking care of me are stopping me at the moment. Though it does help with the ennui a lot...
Glad to hear from you, and glad to hear that you are okay.
Do you think that you lost the plot due to the redosing & dosage + your irl situation, or the inherent nature of the substance?

Well of course any dissociative drug taken in excess can cause one to lose the plot. But even so, that happened after a solid 5-7 days of continuous, high dosage use, mixed with literally crushing boredom (imagine doing a drug but being required to remain unmoving in bed for the duration) and several other negative emotional clouds on the horizon. So, basically, I violated the cardinal rule of psychedelics, "Set and Setting", and got whatfor in response.

I actually knocked out two teeth after flopping out of bed. My left top and bottom incisors came clean out. Adding insult to injury, despite this happening in a hospital they could do nothing to put 'em back, and this happening on Friday night (Dentist opens on Monday) meant bye bye teeth. I'm told I look like a hockey player now.

Consider this though: an equally bad sort of mental break could well have occurred while using almost any drug. A stimulant binge? Reckless BZD use? Miscalulated LSD / psilocybin / ayahuasca trip. Alcoholic delirium. Single OD on diphenhydramine or atropine. Even straight up sleep deprivation. All could have resulted in a similar freakout. So I place no blame at all on tiletamine. "Drugs don't kill people. Rappers do" [to paraphrase Goldie Lookin Chain]

Like I said I am looking forward to doing it again. Incel digression alarm, ignore if you like. As a lonely paraplegic, listening to pretty girls do ASMR recordings while zonked on dissociatives is the closest I'm ever going to get to sex again, given the whole zero-sensation-below-diaphragm thing (and the fact that being wheelchair bound and broke gives you like, negative credit when it comes to dating. I gave up on dating sites after a recent experiment I conducted sent our something like 300 messages to 300 different users over a 2 month period. I received (I believe) three messages, all of which were polite rejections, "You're obviously a great guy...I hope you find someone special"... yes, thanks for the best wishes, minus several million points for refusing to even engage me, even a cursory bit of small talk like "How is your day going" or a comment on anything at all. And physically meeting people is tough when you literally live in a fucking hospital suite and can't go anyplace without serious taxi fare or public transit shuttle (24h advance booking needed). Then, wherever we end up, don't expect to be hiking in a forest or walking on the beach - it's paved slopes only for me.. Mix in a little bit of "The government gives me $274 a month on disability" and I am not exactly dating material. Oh, to top if off, all my clothes are khaki hospital pajamas, and I have not had a legitimate running-hot-water shower in more than a year. No thanks to the idiocy here at the hospital.

Wait, this thread was supposed to be about tiletamine and how damn good it is, not "Why My Life Is A Joke, Part XXVII, By sekio".

Tiletamine is fun. Doses of 10-25mg are solid when IM'd. Probably similar when plugged or snorted. Oral doses I'm betting need another 50-100% more to compensate for BA (but I have not experimented with such). Duration is a quite manageable 4h peak and possibly up to 12-24h afterglow. More analysis is needed.

Holy ratfucking christ indeed. Bloody misfortune combo right there. :(

I can only relate in bits and pieces. I've lived through many years of shitty hospital drama by proxy, live on a comparable budget, and for the longest time I've had to assume relationships weren't for me. Only now I'm well middle-aged I'm seeing some progress on that front. But for someone to match emotionally, they need to apparently be comparably messed up, which means having to manage twice the unmanageable bullshit, heh. But I've lived the monk lifestyle long enough that I'm used to it, by now I would be content to die one. There's an equanimity that sets in after a while, and once acceptance turns it into voluntary celibacy it ceases to be an issue, and even comes with very interesting effects. I imagine lacking the physical sensation below should make adaptation easier, and quicker. It's not what you want to hear, obviously. But it's the message that helped me the most in the end. It's only radical acceptance that can make space for any miracle to occur.. though of course if you only accept it for any potential miracle it's not quite radical acceptance.

Do we remember MXE? Of course we do, what are you talking about?! Incidentally it was during the year deep into MXE that I got these mad ideations of being a brain in a jar, connected to the Internet. No junk? Nice, no distraction from it either. No body to transform my environment? Nice, full focus on inner transformations. No money? Well that one sucks if you're beyond caring too much about harm reduction, but forced tolerance breaks should retain some merit, surely.

Though of course my fantasy didn't include hospital idiocy. Not being in control of one's brain chemistry sucks donkey balls. It comes with some real life social interaction at least, if you happen to be into that.

I've got the sneaking suspicion that the expanded mindstate only will get more important the more AI continues to obsolete vanilla skills. I'm sure your life feels like a joke since you're the one actually living it. But in my opinion it can't be that much of a joke if you're still on the forefront contributing to psychopharmacological knowledge. At least that's how I've often felt about my life all these years.

I've always appreciated, and will continue to appreciate, your presence here. <3