• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tightness in chest after snorting coke

new2drugs

Bluelighter
I only took a tiny bit of coke last night (small bit off my knuckle) and I swear I thought I felt a bit tight in the chest after about an hour. Nothing real bad but was wondering if that's not a good sign.

It's almost like your imagining it.

P.s. I've hardly ever done it so it's not anything long term.

I had had 4 beers but some of them were a few hours before this. Switched to water after taking that as know it's not good to mix.

Thanks

I think you know yourself that it *might* not be a good sign. Sometimes it's just muscle tightness provoked by the stimulant effects, or even an increased sensitivity to sensations in the chest area that are already there. But at others, it can indicate a potentially more significant issue (especially mixed with alcohol).

Nobody can say with any certainty which category you fall in to over the internet. But from the POV of looking after yourself and your body, I recommend being cautious and careful in future. At the very least, try to avoid mixing with alcohol (even when drunk hours before - there's still plenty in your blood long after you feel sober).

I only took a tiny bit of coke last night (small bit off my knuckle) and I swear I thought I felt a bit tight in the chest after about an hour. Nothing real bad but was wondering if that's not a good sign.

It's almost like your imagining it.

P.s. I've hardly ever done it so it's not anything long term.

I had had 4 beers but some of them were a few hours before this. Switched to water after taking that as know it's not good to mix.

Thanks
Doing cocaine is like a Russian roulette. The strain it puts on your heart is bad. Now, when you mix it with alcohol(it metabolizes into cocaethylene which is a far stronger and more cardiotoxic substance). Therefore, you should reconsider altogether doing blow, I've done excessive amounts up the vein and I've had similar heartache before. My heart is fine but regardless of that I've been lucky, got a lot of friends who are no longer here and where relatively young when they passed(mid 20s). Be careful, stay safe. 👌

Cocaine is a particularly cardio toxic substance, the general consensus is that it is even more cardio toxic than Methamphetamine. Or so I have been told. Cocaine is also frequently cut with other compounds/additives, which may also be contributing factors. In addition to this anxiety and over thinking can cause this itself, let alone if you are high on cocaine. There are a lot of factors that could be at fault. Stay safe my friend!

Thats a sign coke is not for tyou i think. The shit is very dangerous and often cut with god knows what kind poison.

If I had to go to hospital every time I had chest tightness, I would be told every other day everything is fine*.

But that's just me
*except I have muscle/membrane/tendon tightness

Yes but I've only ever done it a total of 4 times now. That 4th time being very small amount

Well since we don't know what's in the coke we are really only guessing here. It could be a bad cut or maybe cokes just not for you. Either way chest pain is nothing to fuck around with

Well since we don't know what's in the coke we are really only guessing here. It could be a bad cut or maybe cokes just not for you. Either way chest pain is nothing to fuck around with
Thankyou. I think I've been getting it anyway however. Also I think the coke has been tested.

If youve been getting chest pain without coke i wouldnt strongly suggest not doing anymore coke and seeing a doctor asap. You cant be to careful with this kind of stuff. And even if the coke is pure its still plenty cardiotoxic.
I really think I'm imagining it. Not pain just tightness like indigestion. It's happened today and I didn't have any coke.

I'm such a worrier these days. 🤢

I really think I'm imagining it. Not pain just tightness like indigestion. It's happened today and I didn't have any coke.

I'm such a worrier these days. 🤢
I had the worst pain like that today taking a sip of Dr Pepper right after I woke up today. Damn still hurts- all day . But anyways, it's kinda good to worry especially with all the new shit out there.. Wish it was just pure like it used to be, I quit altogether because of how worried I was with all the nasty cut.. Not even worth it.

I had the worst pain like that today taking a sip of Dr Pepper right after I woke up today. Damn still hurts- all day . But anyways, it's kinda good to worry especially with all the new shit out there.. Wish it was just pure like it used to be, I quit altogether because of how worried I was with all the nasty cut.. Not even worth it.
I took it off a mate who gets it regularly and says he tests it.

I thought it tastes and feels like it might be cut with the stuff you get at the dentist. Kinda feels similar to that.

But I'm new to all this. No drugs till age 40 other than alcohol

Oh really wow.. I'm 41 now and I been dabbling with that stuff for over 20 years. Just barely stopped because of the junk tho... Be careful be safe 💕
41 now so been a year of trying things but only a handful of times. Mdma being my first choice. 😃

I took it off a mate who gets it regularly and says he tests it.

I thought it tastes and feels like it might be cut with the stuff you get at the dentist. Kinda feels similar to that.

But I'm new to all this. No drugs till age 40 other than alcohol

Well, cocaine IS similar to the stuff you get at the dentist (novocaine or lidocaine... they all end in -caine for a reason). Cocaine is a local anesthetic and numbs you. It's part of why it's bad for your heart. But if you've only done it a few times, I wouldn't worry about it. It's only a concern with chronic usage, or if you already have heart problems.

Well, cocaine IS similar to the stuff you get at the dentist (novocaine or lidocaine... they all end in -caine for a reason). Cocaine is a local anesthetic and numbs you. It's part of why it's bad for your heart. But if you've only done it a few times, I wouldn't worry about it. It's only a concern with chronic usage, or if you already have heart problems.
They told me at the dentist office lidocaine won't affect me because I was all jittery but also numb. . . But not of coarse after the mojo stopped rising. (the come up) lool.