• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tianeptine

Kudos

Bluelighter
Why isn't this in the US and Canada? Any experiences with it? It sounds very promising.

Because the patent expired before antidepressant and other uses for the drug were found, so Servier would have lost money trying to market it. They would have had to cover the costs of clinical trials to establish safety as well as drug license fees.

What they could have made was extended release versions of the drug (which would have enabled them a new patent and would have enhanced the drug's half life), but for some reason they've opted against this path.

Does that mean it'll never come unless some generic manufacturer takes the prerogative to get it approved?

Essentially, which means it'll never come out. Actually, not exactly. The patents are all use patents. A manufacturer could license it as an antidepressant (I'm sure someone owns this right) and then I'm pretty sure that after approval they could get 7 or 8 years of protected sales.

Or do I have this entirely wrong? Patent law is my brother's area, not mine.

Addiction potential is minimal, if there is any. Consider how few reports of abuse there are. I didn't find much if anything in the way of recreational effects. It was decently good at raising mood, though.

for my personal experience I cosign everything Hammilton said.

mild, helpful. I like it keep it around.

There is no addiction potential. I think that these people who take 2 or 3 at the same time and act like they just took 5 percocet are really bored and just think they are feeling something wonderful. This is not XTC.

To me it is the same as taking any other med there is for depression. Besides being a little emotional which is a nice change for once, I feel pretty much the same as I did taking Paxil or anything else.

I guess I am getting a little sick of people acting like this is some legal euphoric drug that nobody seems to know about. If it was that great people would be selling it on the street like everything else. So no, it is not a wonder pill, but I do find it quite helpful for depression. Normal people probably wouldnt even know they took anything.

I wish I had the money and the knowledge to do this patent thing as I think if it were FDA approved, it would be the best selling anti depressant out today.

Just go to Servier's website. These people know what they are doing big time. They made Stablon, Trivastal, and the big daddy- Valdoxan which will be out in a couple years here thanks to a smart company called Novartis. When Valdoxan comes out in 2012, it will be the best selling anti depressant of all time. This company that is making these meds are every depressed persons dream come true.

Only if I had some money to buy it!!!

Like someone else said, an XR version of this will be one, if not the best mood lifting antidepressants ever.

It is a highley abusable medicine. Just look at the coaxil pictures you think these people are shooting it up and not enjoying it? For me around 7-15 tablets IV'ed got me quite high effect's were just like an opioid. In the way of the rush it was like h but does not have leg's.

Injecting anti-depressants to get high? What will they think of next...junkies IV'ing anti-psychotics?

It is a legal in the USA. Whhat do people think of at what dosage to recommend?

there is an extended release version, tianeptine sulfate

Tianeptine hemisulfate monohydrate is an improved salt of Tianeptine. It is not hygroscopic so handling the powder is a lot easier. Since it is not as readily absorbed and excreted from the body, the sulfate salt allows for a more controlled release of the Tianeptine over longer periods. Rather than having to dose three times with rapid peak effects and rapidly falling effects, the sulfate salt allows for one dose to maintain plasma levels in the body much longer than the sodium salt.

it can be purchased on the internet in the nootropic grey area zone

i wouldn't go so far as to say that its 'legal', but it is not really pursued by the law.

dosage of the sodium salt (what 95% of tianeptine is sold as) is 12.5mg, 3 times a day

people who are desperate to get out of their body will get addicted to nitrous, dxm lots of stuff i would not consider addictive, people will stay up for days to experience sleep paralysis because they think it will make them hallucinate. going over the recommended dose of tianeptine is a novel experience which isn't worth repeating if there is a need for therapeutic relief from depression due to the steep increase in tolerance which will occur from dosing high.

also if you inject tianeptine is isn't comparable to injecting an ssri seeing as how tia will affect mu receptors somewhat significantly at flood dose lvls, its just reckless behavior though

There is no addiction potential. I think that these people who take 2 or 3 at the same time and act like they just took 5 percocet are really bored and just think they are feeling something wonderful. This is not XTC.

To me it is the same as taking any other med there is for depression. Besides being a little emotional which is a nice change for once, I feel pretty much the same as I did taking Paxil or anything else.

I guess I am getting a little sick of people acting like this is some legal euphoric drug that nobody seems to know about. If it was that great people would be selling it on the street like everything else. So no, it is not a wonder pill, but I do find it quite helpful for depression. Normal people probably wouldnt even know they took anything.

I wish I had the money and the knowledge to do this patent thing as I think if it were FDA approved, it would be the best selling anti depressant out today.

Just go to Servier's website. These people know what they are doing big time. They made Stablon, Trivastal, and the big daddy- Valdoxan which will be out in a couple years here thanks to a smart company called Novartis. When Valdoxan comes out in 2012, it will be the best selling anti depressant of all time. This company that is making these meds are every depressed persons dream come true.

Only if I had some money to buy it!!!
I guess it's only right to point out that this guy has no idea what he's talking about. My main concern is the bolded part though. Tianeptine is an opioid and with that comes the risk of both psychological and physical addiction. The withdrawal for those using it in recreational doses is said to be pretty nasty. Just know what you're dealing with here is all I'm saying. Last thing we need is somebody taking huge doses of this stuff thinking everything is gravy, that is until he runs out...

Hi everybody !
First, please don't waste your time to judge me and trying to stop what I wanna do.

I have pure tianeptine sodium. I would like feel the rush higher than by oral way but I prefer avoid to put it into my vein. Do you think subcutaneous way with tianeptine is effective ? And do you feel that this way is safer that by IV ?

Thanks.
Jordan.

Jojo- up your ass is probably the best place for it, i have no experience with this chemical, but with other opioids plugging has the second highest bioavailability to iv, and far far safer

Wow. I have never heard of this drug. It sounds extremely promising in the treatment of depression and perhaps comorbid chronic pain, both of which I deal with.

I am highly intrigued ;)