• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Tianeptine withdrawals - why so horrible?

Okey, there was threads and messages on this forum about tianeptine's withdrawals and how they are horrible. Some even said that heroine withdrawal was nothing compared to tianeptine.

So I started to thinking what could it be on neurochemical/pharmacological level what causes this? Is there component of NMDA overexcitation combined with opiate withdrawal so simultaneously excitotoxicity like in benzo withdrawals + opioid withdrawal pains or what is the mechanism that could make it worse than heroine as people claim?
I don't know but it is almost comparable to alcohol withdrawal. No it's but horrible.

2 grams per day? Damn. I bet that was pricey. I only take 50MG per day in 2 doses of the sulfate.

2 grams per day? Damn. I bet that was pricey. I only take 50MG per day in 2 doses of the sulfate.
Meh - I didnt use Zaza or any of that OTC shit. Straight to the source, cheaper than alcohol.
Anyway I dont mean to glorify my use - tianeptine is meant to be dosed in 12mg amounts. Its not an evil drug, but alas anything that can be abused will.

I am in a vicious cycle of running from WD, I can’t get on subs until the summer (due to judicial stuff) but my WD are so bad I can’t even make it to the bathroom w the horrid diarrhea. I used to be a IV heroin user and I would take those WD over this any day. I can’t wait to taper off this shit. Worst decision I have ever made was buying this sodium. At like 5gpd now. And I absolutely hate life.

I am in a vicious cycle of running from WD, I can’t get on subs until the summer (due to judicial stuff) but my WD are so bad I can’t even make it to the bathroom w the horrid diarrhea. I used to be a IV heroin user and I would take those WD over this any day. I can’t wait to taper off this shit. Worst decision I have ever made was buying this sodium. At like 5gpd now. And I absolutely hate life.
Have you thought about methadone maintenance Taper

I can imagine you're pain because I used zaza's literally for 3 days and had what I considered. Ridiculous withdrawal for that short of use.

And I've been through alcohol withdrawal multiple times

Have you thought about methadone maintenance Taper
Due to judicial reasons I can’t get on anything until I’m done w probation in June. But I already have it lined up to get on subs

Hmmm... I took Sulfate for like 12 days in a row, my last dose was 200MG at night, and then I took a few days off and didn't feel much other than slight nausea and a fast heart rate for a day. But I am on Cymbalta so I wonder if that is why I didn't have the side effects some have?

YMMV.

How do you KNOW what you had? Without GC-MS and NMR you can never be sure. I KNOW people have sold ODMT as other things. ODMT is amazingly cheap so their is a good reason for substitution to occur.

Due to judicial reasons I can’t get on anything until I’m done w probation in June. But I already have it lined up to get on subs
What jurisdiction is trying to prevent you from getting on medically supervised methadone treatment because you are on probation?

Because you have had a previous addiction to heroin, and you have an addiction to an uncontrolled substance that significantly impairs your major life activities, you're protected under the ADA the Americans with disabilities act and the court cannot deny you medical care that you would otherwise get if you were not on probation.

Neither can your probation officer.

It's a federal law. You need to get an ADA lawyer. You don't have to wait till June unless you just want to.

What jurisdiction is trying to prevent you from getting on medically supervised methadone treatment because you are on probation?

Because you have had a previous addiction to heroin, and you have an addiction to an uncontrolled substance that significantly impairs your major life activities, you're protected under the ADA the Americans with disabilities act and the court cannot deny you medical care that you would otherwise get if you were not on probation.

Neither can your probation officer.

It's a federal law. You need to get an ADA lawyer. You don't have to wait till June unless you just want to.
There’s no WAY I want to wait until June. I’m in Drug Court and they practice abstinence. I have tried to get on subs in the past. I have a few more months until I graduate and I won’t have the fear of prison time held over my head. I’m in the worst spot Iv ever been in. This stuff runs my life and I’m so ready to get off of it. It’s a horrible WD that I’m always running from.

There’s no WAY I want to wait until June. I’m in Drug Court and they practice abstinence. I have tried to get on subs in the past. I have a few more months until I graduate and I won’t have the fear of prison time held over my head. I’m in the worst spot Iv ever been in. This stuff runs my life and I’m so ready to get off of it. It’s a horrible WD that I’m always running from.
So get a lawyer that knows about the Americans with disabilities act and the court has to allow you to go into treatment because federal law tells them to suck a big fat dick.

YMMV.

How do you KNOW what you had? Without GC-MS and NMR you can never be sure. I KNOW people have sold ODMT as other things. ODMT is amazingly cheap so their is a good reason for substitution to occur.
I’m on 5 gpd of sodium for like 6 months now. WD starts 4 hours after my last dose.

They can't put you in prison for you exercising your federal rights under the ADA.

Obviously you need to get a lawyer and then a federal court will tell the state judge who's running the drug court to sit down and shut the fuck up and do what he's supposed to do.

I’m on 5 gpd of sodium for like 6 months now. WD starts 4 hours after my last dose.
And that has nothing whatsoever to do with you being able to get methadone maintenance.

Do you live in a state where they placed TiaNeptine on the controlled substance schedule? Cuz depending on the situation that could either be a roadblock or a help. But you have to talk to a lawyer.

Yeah they made it schedule 2 in Oklahoma so you can't tell anybody that you're using it until you find out from the ADA lawyer if it matters or not.

That kind of sucks because it puts you at risk.

Well, unless you absolutely have to stay in Oklahoma for personal reasons, there's always the "interstate compact for adult offender supervision."

Which means you could talk to an ADA lawyer.

See if they can get you moved to a state where probation officers are much more likely to support you going into methadone maintenance and where tiaNeptine is not controlled.

Get on methadone. Serve out your probation and go back to Oklahoma if you want.

It's literally doable if you get lawyers that know how to do it to help you.

As stated, YMMV.

ODMT only lasts for four hours AFAIK.

I can't make out what the 5 refers to but I was under the impression that tianeptine prescribed for clinical depression is prescribed at 25-50mg/day.

So if you are really struggling with 5mg, I would really be asking what it actually is.