• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Tianeptine megathread

Abject

Bluelighter
After doing a search for Tianeptine, I have decided it's worth making a singular thread for the discussion of it.

I could go into my background/exp with taking ads, but I'll just say this is surprisingly fast acting.
Changes to my state of mind have given me more faith in it, especially since this is only day 2.
With most/all other ad's I have felt the need to increase dose for a lack of effect.. I'm not sure whether I'm missing out by continuing at the rec dose as I usually need more to reach equal effects, or whether an increase would be excessive as I'm already affected... geez this is starting to look like a medical rant. Sorry guys, this isn't for dose advice or anything (though stories of tolerance are encouraged)

Here are some links to get you guys started if you're interested
http://www.tianeptine.com/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tianeptine#References

These studies in particular shall get more of my attention eventually
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19704408
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18072812

Discuss :)

(mods if you don't see this as generating much interest/discussion/worth feel free to do as u like with it)

Advice: don't abuse tianeptine for a recreational effect. Once you start building tolerance, it sticks with you.

anti-depressants are the last thing i'd use recreationally, and I hope everyone else feels similarly (those silly russians)

Well seeing as Tianeptine has effects on NMDAR (and AMPAR) I could imagine tolerance being long lasting like dissociatives, but I would think there is more going on and am in no position to hypothesize what effect the glutamate has, and how the other mechanisms of action might be affected with a high tolerance.

Other proposed mechanisms of action may last longer than NMDAR effect at the same dose with tolerance, for example.

As far as my dosing goes I am going to try and keep it as low as possible. Stories of big tol I've read have been from idiots starting at massive doses with great increases.
3 of the 12.5mg pills spaced out through the day is quite comfortable for me.

I know Moclobemide has a short HL but once it reaches... homeostasis? the HL increases dramatically.
I wonder if Tianeptine is similar at all in this regard.

Is there an "amphetamine-like" effect with tianeptine like there is with amineptine? I wonder because both drugs share the same structure (although I don't know pharmacology so I could be totally wrong).

Moclobemide has a short Half-Life initially because at first it's binding to all the free, unoccupied MAO enzymes. Once those enzymes are all used up the half life goes way up because it's now waiting for new MAO enzymes to be made.

I doubt there's any sort of similar situation with tianeptine.

This feels like an OD thread. We don't have much conversation about it here. A Tianeptine mega thread in NPD will be pretty quiet, I'm afraid, and not very mega.

Tianeptine doesn't feel like or interact with amphetamine. Might make you feel nauseated.

I took about 300mg tianeptine yesterday (spread out.. 100mg every hour) - the high felt like oxycodone.. pin point pupils.. no side effects at all.

But the most interesting thing is that I didn't take any today (the next day) and i notice NO anxiety all day. I can still tell something is working (maybe the effect is some kind of after effect considering it has a short half life) a slight head change that reminds me of some other european dopamine agonists. Its only been one day but I would say the anti-anxiety effect is equal to 1mg xanax but without any sedation or any side effects.

I don't notice any energy boost though.

Would Tianeptine work while on buprenorphine (aka Suboxone, Subutex)? I would think it would as it doesn't really have much affinity for the mu opioid receptor or the delta opioid receptor and no activity at the Kappa receptor, so I am thinking it gives its effects through different means within the brain and would work while on subs but I am not sure?... Has anyone taken Tianeptine while one subs and what was your conclusion??

Thanks

I realize this is in opposition to what many have said, but I think the biggest part of tianeptines mood lifting effects are due to its opioid affinity, so I doubt you'll get much out of it that way. However, the BDNF / neurogenesis promoting effects may well be untouched.

Currently using tianeptine to substitute for suboxone, I'm on day 5 without any, and its working really well. No exhaustion, no diarrhea, no bone aches, no RLS, it's proving wonderful. The short half life sucks, but oh well, it's not hard to dose 3x a day. No real high noticed, but I have no cravings either. There is an intoxication, but it's subtle.

I too was able to substitute my opioid dependence with tianeptine. Although my dependence is with kratom, not more traditional opioids. Tolerance builds rapidly and I had a taste of the withdrawal which was expectedly intense as the short half life would imply. It would seem as though those in the nootropic community are actually microdosing a MOR agonist. Naturally some of the glowing reports I read from that community cause me to shake my head because they are under the impression the mood elevating effects are related to modulation of glutamate receptors in the hippocampus when they are describing an opioid high for all intents and purposes.

Man I hope this stuff works for bupe w/d's !! :D

Last edited:
Perhaps it's a psychological issue as I am not on any stimulants;
that or a w/d issue, regardless my deepest appreciation to those who respond.

Regardless I deleted the post as it's no longer pertinent. I forgot all about kratom & believe with my taper & current tolerance level it will substitute as a IR pain killer / keep w/'ds at bay as needed.
So sorry to those here for having cluttered the forum for the time I did.

Last edited:
I too was able to substitute my opioid dependence with tianeptine. Although my dependence is with kratom, not more traditional opioids. Tolerance builds rapidly and I had a taste of the withdrawal which was expectedly intense as the short half life would imply. It would seem as though those in the nootropic community are actually microdosing a MOR agonist. Naturally some of the glowing reports I read from that community cause me to shake my head because they are under the impression the mood elevating effects are related to modulation of glutamate receptors in the hippocampus when they are describing an opioid high for all intents and purposes.

Yeah, these guys have no tolerance and so 50mg of tianeptine is probably a low opioid dose (I'd guess equal to 2.5mg of hydrocodone). 240mg feels every bit like 60mg of oxy. Just very, very short lived, maybe an hour.

I have just been using tianeptine for a month or so as I was introduced to it by a friend. I find it to work great but I would say it's easy to misuse it. Or take too much. I ordered 5mg used maybe a gram and then brought the course of a very long nber inh sis the other 4 grams..... Very hungover and wishing I had a benzo

I have been using quite a bit of tianeptine, more than I'll admit to here, though my dose has levelled out now. Anyway, I was running out today, but figured no big deal I've got 16mg of suboxone.

I waited 14 hours after my last dose, was in full blown withdrawal, not horrible yet, but pretty bad, I thought I was fine. Took 2mg of sub just to be sure, waited an hour, felt fine, but not better, so I took 4mg more. Bad move. It got way, way, way worse. I have been feeling gross all night. I've taken 14mg of suboxone now and still feel like shit.

I just took 700mg of tianeptine freeacid, maybe it'll breakthrough or tickle some receptor bupe isn't, I dunno, just hopefully it works because I've gotta work real early tomorrow and its not going well so far.