• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Tianeptine+Kratom During Buprenorphine+Clonazepam Withdrawals

albatross

Bluelighter
Hey guys and gals, I got a question that seemingly I can not find an answer for. Anyone with experience please reply.

Anyways I'm using tianeptine and kratom together now to fight buprenorphine withdrawal (stopped at .5mg) and it seems to be doing well. The issue I have though, is that kratom HAS caused deaths linked with various substances (seen some articles on pubmed) and I am wondering if tianeptine may have any bad interactions with kratom as I don't want my heart to suddenly stop.

For instance one thought I had is there are definitely stimulating alkaloids in kratom and serotonin effects with tianeptine. Is it possible to get some sort of serotonin syndrome? I almost died from serotonin syndrome once before and it was very far from pleasant.

Also wondering if this combo might make people prone to seizures as I am planning on stopping benzos after the buprenorphine withdrawals subside and I've stopped before from etizolam 6-10mg a day cold turkey, had a grand mal, and now I am supposedly more prone to seizures. This time around I have been steadily at 1mg a day of clonazepam.

-BASICALLY, is there any reason to believe taking 5g kratom 3x a day and 150mg tianeptine 3x a day would cause any bad interactions with each other? And would the combo make someone more prone to seizures?

I used tianeptine in dosages around 30mg to boost kratom, no problems here. But I can´t speak for such large doses.

Thanks for the input varg. It would probably be in my best interest to not go over 2-4x the regular tianeptine dosage (12.5mg) I 'spose.

Hey guys and gals, I got a question that seemingly I can not find an answer for. Anyone with experience please reply.

Anyways I'm using tianeptine and kratom together now to fight buprenorphine withdrawal (stopped at .5mg) and it seems to be doing well. The issue I have though, is that kratom HAS caused deaths linked with various substances (seen some articles on pubmed) and I am wondering if tianeptine may have any bad interactions with kratom as I don't want my heart to suddenly stop.

For instance one thought I had is there are definitely stimulating alkaloids in kratom and serotonin effects with tianeptine. Is it possible to get some sort of serotonin syndrome? I almost died from serotonin syndrome once before and it was very far from pleasant.

Also wondering if this combo might make people prone to seizures as I am planning on stopping benzos after the buprenorphine withdrawals subside and I've stopped before from etizolam 6-10mg a day cold turkey, had a grand mal, and now I am supposedly more prone to seizures. This time around I have been steadily at 1mg a day of clonazepam.

-BASICALLY, is there any reason to believe taking 5g kratom 3x a day and 150mg tianeptine 3x a day would cause any bad interactions with each other? And would the combo make someone more prone to seizures?

How did klonopin and tianeptine work together? Pretty euphoric and enjoyable? Probably getting some kpins relatively soon and have been wondering about this combination.

Also, I've used tianeptine sodium in significant amounts (around 1 - 2 grams over the course of 12 hours) combined with kratom and kratom extracts (OPMS black) and I've never had any weird interactions besides maybe increased nausea if using too much of either one. I'd say they work pretty well together, though it's best not to take kratom at the exact same time. I've found it's ideal to take it 30minutes to an hour after taking tianeptine, or 30 minutes to forty-five minutes before. Definitely no chance of Serotonin Syndrome. Tianeptine is almost entirely an opioid, if not totally.

Thanks

Last edited:
I used tianeptine in dosages around 30mg to boost kratom, no problems here. But I can´t speak for such large doses.
Hmmm. How's that work. I have some Tianeptine I'm afraid to use since I've read that it makes Kratom not work.

How did klonopin and tianeptine work together? Pretty euphoric and enjoyable? Probably getting some kpins relatively soon and have been wondering about this combination.

Also, I've used tianeptine sodium in significant amounts (around 1 - 2 grams over the course of 12 hours) combined with kratom and kratom extracts (OPMS black) and I've never had any weird interactions besides maybe increased nausea if using too much of either one. I'd say they work pretty well together, though it's best not to take kratom at the exact same time. I've found it's ideal to take it 30minutes to an hour after taking tianeptine, or 30 minutes to forty-five minutes before. Definitely no chance of Serotonin Syndrome. Tianeptine is almost entirely an opioid, if not totally.

Thanks
hey you found a very old post of mine lol, I barely remember writing it.

anyways, I tried to get tianeptine to work but it never did anything. I tried 3+ sources, sodium and sulfate, doses from 12.5mg up to 500mg...never felt a thing. Maybe a lil energy boost for an hour?

I figured it wasn't worth taking for opioid-esque effects because it also has other activity in the brain that is more prominent afaik.

If I were you I would find some quality kratom+extracts made by a reputable vendor online and stick with that.