• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Tianeptine and MDMA

Majoses

Greenlighter
Is this combination dangerous? I take tianeptine in relatively high doses daily, I wouldn't be taking them together. How long should I wait before taking mdma if the combo is dangerous?

Hmm...I'm just going to take a guess so do not take this post as fact. Tbh I have little understanding of drug interactions/synergy, especially tianeptine which is a tca I believe.

What you should definitely avoid are MAOIs. SSRIs usually blunt the effects of mdma, and it would probably be safe to assume that tianeptine would too. Or at the very least, it would just be safe to assume that you shouldn't mix the two (tianeptine and mdma).

How long have you been taking this substance? Usually 2 weeks are the standard protocol for the amount of time needed for it to leave your system. But if you've been taking a high dose for a year or something like that, you should wait at least a month. This is to avoid any possible dangers of taking the mdma with it, or basically feeling nothing.

I hope someone else can jump in and provide the info you need. Be safe!

Edit: heh, just noticed that you were already planning not take it together. But yeah, depending on how long you've been taking it, a month should be fine. Or two just to stay on the uber safe side.

especially tianeptine which is a tca I believe.

tianeptine is a peculiar substance and we're still not sure about the mechanism of action yet. first we thought it's a serotonin reuptake enhancer, then we discovered that it doesn't act on serotonin at all. now we know that it has some kind of opioid effect and also acts on glutamate...

the directory says that it can potentiate mdma. i'd proceed with caution...

So maybe half as much? And does that mean it's safe if I took tianeptine an hour ago (2:30pm) that I would be good to at 11:30pm?

So maybe half as much? And does that mean it's safe if I took tianeptine an hour ago (2:30pm) that I would be good to at 11:30pm?
The half life of tianeptine is 2 hours, in 9 hours time there would be hardly any tianeptine left in your body. From what I've read the two combine fine anyway due to different mechanisms of action (tianeptine actually works on NMDA receptors it is thought).