• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tianeptine and Lyrica Combo

pinpoint

Bluelighter
Couldn’t find this question answered anywhere else since most are using lyrica to alleviate withdrawal from Tia:

I’m wondering if combining Lyrica and tianeptine would create any adverse effects. Note that I am heavily tolerant to tianeptine and have zero tolerance to Lyrica which I would be taking one 300mg capsule to gauge effect.

Any input would be greatly appreciated especially if you’ve done this yourself.

Should be ok, though you might encounter increased nausea and dizziness.

What kind of doses of tianeptine are we talking about? Is it tianeptine sodium, sulfate etc?

On a sidenote i tried tianeptine ethyl ester sulfate for the first time recently and thought it was pretty good. I might even prefer it to sodium. It is almost as fast acting but smoother and longer lasting.

I caution people getting into tianeptine however, it is extremely addictive and the withdrawal is nasty (though perhaps a little shorter lasting than conventional opioids).

Thank you for the responses and the one from Negrogesic was particularly accurate, I ended up taking 300mg x 2 Lyrica so 600mg with no tolerance to it and I felt like I had drank six Long Island Ice-T’s, slept til noon today too and I was still doing the drunk walk when I got up to use the bathroom around 7AM. Not recommended.

As for tianeptine this powder is the devil, particularly the crack version, sodium. $40K in debt I finally decided fuck this and got myself the lyrica and suboxone. Going to give it the old college try this weekend when i wake up sick as usual tomorrow morning I’m dosing 8mg sub and hoping it will hold me.

Good luck pinpoint. Tianeptine addiction is a beast that I have familiarity tackling with. hopefully your transition to buprenorphine goes well. It should be able to hold you, more or less, unless you are using insanely high doses of Tianeptine.

At such doses, say like 5g,10g or more a day, I've heard from other Tianeptine users that buprenorphine was not able to fully hold them at first. But this doesn't surprise me, we have reports here in the Tianeptine megrathread that claim even a decent shot of IV heroin won't pull somebody out of withdrawal of very high dose of Tianeptine. I tried cold turkey once from about 3-4g per day, and considering how intense those withdrawals were I'm not surprised to hear such horror stories from users using 10g or more a day. Shit is insane.

If you are up to It, please report back how the transition goes. It may be helpful for others to know:

how much/often Tianeptine you were using compared to how much buprenorphine was required to stabilize you.

good luck

If you are using pregabalin to ease withdrawal now, don't take 600mg without tolerance that's just a downright unpleasant experience to be honest. Something like 100-200mg would be plenty to ease withdrawal without any tolerance. I can even feel 50mg tbh but I recommend a bit more to help ease opioid withdrawals. You won't need it at the same time as bupe though. Use the pregabs when you begin lowering the bupe dose and start feeling the w/d. Best of luck.