• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Thyrosine Drowseness

bighead81

Greenlighter
I have been taking thyrosine and 5 htp at a 10 to 1 ratio as recommended by the mood cure for about a week. It was amazing (for the 2 days). You receive an stimulation that would last all day. My anxiety decreases and remained decreased throughout the whole day. Problem is it didn't last. After 3 days I was on edge, with anxiety built up combined with restlessness. My initial dosage was 200mg 5 htp in the evening and 2 g of thryrosine in the morning before breakfast. Like I said this worked great. I was more sociably more talkative at work, in a good way. When this faded and replaced with restlessness I reduced the dosage to 50mg 5 htp and 500mg throsine. The first half of the day is always good but in 5 hours the edginess' and restleness is there and absolutely feeling of tired (that tiredness that says leave me alone).

My question is what to do. The combo worked even if it was a short period of time but in high doses I'm tired and on edge and so with low dosage. Do I need to continue with the low dosage and wait until my body gets used to it? Decrease dosage? or stop all together? and if so what natural remedies have the same result. I'm looking for answer from people who have experienced this and came out better for it.

Do you mean tyrosine? Tyrosine and 5htp are just amino acids.

Are you eating your three meals a day?

You dont need to take your doses all at once. In fact, considering they are amino acids and can reach a saturation point, it'd be beneficial to space the doses out.

Unless you're manic, caffeine (from a tea source) would be an exceptional addition. Maybe add some taurine in as well.

If you're looking for a great mood booster, I constantly recommend Sarcosine (N-Methyl-Glycine) and D-Serine.