• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Thujone in Absinthe?!?

stevehh

Bluelighter
I recently purchased some absinthe the Zele brand with a high Thujone content....

What sould I expect from this stuff? Never had absinthe before mind you.

Iv'e heard things ranging from mild stimulation to the latter of hallucinations....

Someone give me something to go on still waiting for it to come from the CZ republic, so its gonna be a matter of weeks.

Thanks guys!

-Peace

you should expect an typical alcohol intoxication.

hallucinations only occur in alcoholics in withdrawal (AKA, delerium tremens).

oh, and in posers trying to look cool.

i c

I thought thujone acted on GABA receptors so there could be some residual effects....right?

Absinthe = usual Alcohol high + little placebo effect (you think you feel "stoned")

Well the "stoned" has nothing to do with the receptors associated with THC tho
Good to know though!!!

Another question: (not to get off my original one though...

How's the taste?

^You should actually feel a high actually different from traditional ethanol from proper absinthe. We were just talking about this over in PD. The key is to not get just straight wasted with it, then all you will feel is wasted, and the hangover is far worse than from normal alcohol.
There are far better way to get absinthe than from the czech republic these days btw;)

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=213721

Thujone is a GABA-A antagonist, if anything, it'll give you a clearer head.

taste isn't bad, if you're into licorice sorts of tastes.

the stuff you can buy wont do alot, there isnt nearly enough plant essence. youll get trashed drunk before you can feel the effect of anything else.

some good homemade absinthe is anywhere from a stumbling but clear headed drunkedness to a mild mushroom-like experience from 1-2 oz of drink

no, its not placebo and is very bad for your liver...between the wormwood, the anise, nutmeg and all the other crap

a mild mushroom-like experience from 1-2 oz of drink

Bullshit. There's absolutely not evidence to indicate that that's true- just a bunch of anecdotes with enormous variability.

Nothing in it has any affinity for 5HT2a receptors- the only receptors capable of producing serotonergic hallucinations (tryptamine-like hallucinations, not datura-type anticholinergic hallucinations).

call bullshit all you want. thats the extreme of effect. too much more than that and youll be od'd which is not pretty.

my friend has made over 200 bottles, and ive known him since bout bottle 150. there are over 15 different components. i dont feel like looking up the list and counting exactly how many since youve never tried the stuff and dont even know what herbs are in it yet have a strong opinion about what it can and cannot do. now thats bullshit.

it is very concentrated (tastes like jaeger with an aspirin crushed in it, heh) and two shots/oz is alot. my usual dose was 15-20 ml. it hits you within 5 minutes then the effect develops.

dont believe me ham, i dont care past this post. you dont know what youre talking about.

^ Its just not true. I've had absinthe many, many times. Looking at it for practical reasons, its nothing more than high proof alcohol (I've had absinthe of varying alcohol percentages, guessing, I'd say bottles from 40-75% alcohol, as far as I can remember.). It was worth trying, but I wouldn't jump at it and be as excited to drink it again, I was in Europe and it a good novelty; but it was expensive. And yes, it did contain thujone, so I know what I'm talking about. Got me fucking drunk though, as any 150 proof alcohol should.

"15. Will absinthe make me trip?

No, it will not.

It's easy to find, on the internet, descriptions of alleged absinthe "trips". They were either written by idiots, or the substance upon which the describers tripped was something other than absinthe, or both. There are no psychoactive (in the sense of LSD, THC, etc.) ingredients in absinthe. Absinthe will not make you fail a drug test, either, unless the test is designed to find the ingredients in absinthe, all of which are legal substances. If absinthe makes you fail a drug test due to false positives for illegal substances, your problem is not absinthe, but an incompetent drug tester. Yes, you can find glorious descriptions of absinthe highs in 19th century literature. They're largely so much flowery hot air, written by poets. Poets tend to exaggerate things. There are odes to the divine attributes of whisky and beer. There are thousands of poems about wine. You get the point."

http://www.feeverte.net/faq-absinthe.html#B15

i never sad you would 'trip ballz'. i said you would experience mild hallucination at very high doses. you near od, the visuals are as strong as a g of mush or so. visuals like this almost never happen, only with luck. it has little/nothing to do with thujone.

'trippier' batches of sinthe are those that contain more than usu of anise seed/star anise, nutmeg/mace, calamus, and sassafras.

and on the subject of thujone, this is homemade stuff. it has looads more thujone than anything available for sale legally. plus alot of other herbs.

im not an idiot, but thanks so much for the implication.

i have had strrrong homebatch (yes, its distilled) dozens of times. i have only had tracers, "purple vision", etc 3 or 4 times.

you all are trying to tell me shit that id did/experienced never happened. im not a damn troll.

all i originally wanted to emphasize in my first post was that the 'official' stuff has low content due to laws, and if you want a better experience find someone who homebrews. the stuff we drink is fuckin crazy and dangerous, so your milage may vary, but everything ive said is true.