• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Throwing up after snorting heroin...

Drb860

Greenlighter
Topic more or less, lately ive been sneezing alot/throwing up within 10-15minutes of snorting the dope, im more or less wasting my money when this happens arent i? kinda dissapointing buying a bundle snorting it the nthrowing up 15minutes later.

Question is more or less am i wasting my high when this happens? i think so

It generally means you're taking too much.

You're not wasting it, it's absorbed by then.

^Yep I had an opana fuck me up that way shit sucked I could NOT stop throwing up fuck that was a memorable day.

Used to consider it a sign that I had hit the spot.

One of the benefits of IV or insufflation is that you wont lose your hit. Just do a little less and be happy that your gear is good enough that you can over do it on what looked like a typical sized line for you.

No no my man throwing up means either you took too much (which is good means your tolerance is low enough that an opiate will make you puke cause no opiate will do that to me) or that you're detoxing going through withdrawals which isn't good cause you're addicted lol

^Throwing up on a lot of drugs can be a sign of an awesome time. I tend not to cos my stomach isn't very sensitive but pills in the mid to late 90's lol my mates would be puking and laughing fist in the air saying "fuck yeah I feel awesome", or big shots of stimulants where a rush of what feels like gas or air is pushed out through your lungs - made many a user spew while trying to smile cos they're so high and opiates are one of the biggest culprits when it comes to nausea which makes many a user puke, doesn't happen to me but I can get close and understand why others do.

I've thrown up plenty of times on heroin, even with a tolerance/addiction to it that lasted about five months or so, I'll even get sick from taking as little as 5mg of Hydrocodone sometimes.

Some people are overly sensitive to opiates, because I throw up 75% of the time when I take Percocet, roxis or Vicodin (I quit heroin months ago). You say you're sniffing a whole bundle? Where I live, that's 10 bags, so that's about a gram of dope. Not surprised you're throwing up if you're going through a whole bundle within fifteen minutes.. yikes.

With that being said, I always feel better after I throw up. The high really kicks in during this time for some reason, and afterwards it's nothing but fun. I just think you're taking too much.

The only time I've ever thrown up from opiates is when I've IV'd either heroin or morphine (or buprenorphine).

Smoking/snorting/eating opiates has given me nausea before, though, just not to the point of vomiting. Usually opiate nausea goes away once tolerance is established, though (IME)

Back when I sniffed dope, there were a few memorable occasions when the drip was so foul (probably from a bad cut) that I would vomit within 5-10 minutes. This would probably be obvious to you if it were the case, but sometimes the drip can be a sneaky bastard. Just a thought.

The only time I've ever thrown up from opiates is when I've IV'd either heroin or morphine (or buprenorphine).

Smoking/snorting/eating opiates has given me nausea before, though, just not to the point of vomiting. Usually opiate nausea goes away once tolerance is established, though (IME)

My first few times iv morphine, I was sicker than a dog, but like you said goes away with tolerance

IV is the most rapid and efficient ROA, not everyone is looking to get as high as possible with the least amount of money, and take the most risks at the same time.