• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Throwing up after meth.

Crazedlady

Greenlighter
I’ve done meth before but today was the first time is serval months. I snored a line and immediately threw up. This happened the first time I did it has well. I didn’t feel sick or anything. What would make me throw up like that?
And my boyfriend did some out of the same batch and he didn’t puke.

Please help

Could be D2 agonism which is associated with vomiting (in which case you might be susceptible to this). If could be a cut (epsom salt, a common cut, can cause vomiting too).

I only ever dry reach if my stomach is empty or its been sometime since i have actually consumed food...which i forget.
Or I'm really dry so i always have a nice cold water bottle beside me and make myself drink it because i was getting so dehydrated and that wasn't helping either.

Methamphetamine is an agonist (albeit indirect) of the D2 receptor (a type of dopamine receptor associated with vomiting) so a good enough dose in a susceptible person may result in vomiting (perhaps of an violent and uncontrollable nature depending on dose).

Happened to me only with IV coke and meth. Others can explain scientifically much better but as far as I know, it happens because of dopamine flooding your synapses. But you took it nasally so I don't think that this process can happen as fast as in the case of IV, instantly.

Could be you are snorting too hard. Sending most of the product straight to drip into your stomach

There was thread about this happening with crack -- is it possible the meth is causing intense vasoconstriction in the stomach and therefore the vomiting?

@negrogesic is correct I believe. The Chemoreceptor Trigger Zone (CTZ) has many D2 receptors, and overstimulation of the D2 can cause nausea and/or vomiting depending on how stimulated they are. It seems that once a certain point is reached from D2 agonism in the CTZ, the brain will send messages to the gut to induce emesis in an attempt to evacuate potential toxins in the body.

This article is pretty good and boiled down. It's not there are no references but Iooked at other studies from ncbi and other neurochemical journals and this information is accurate with those articles

The Neurochemistry of Vomiting