View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Thoughts on using MDMA prior to conventional psychedelics

Rainbowraver

Greenlighter
I have generally always had somewhat mixed experiences with taking MDMA the day before / prior to LSD or 4 sub tryptamines. (Particularly at festivals) The most recent time however, I came out of my roll and around 6-10 hours later, I had a very solid and euphoric trip. I felt very grounded in headspace and overall had a great experience on the second day of that festival. The only difference was that during this roll, I took 2cb around 4-5 hours in (first time “nexus flip”)

On a different occasion, I took a couple hits of lsd around 24 hours after I rolled. I felt drained, the trip felt pointless, and overall had a 3/10 experience. I will note that while both of these experiences were at events, I understand that each and every setting paired with your current “set” is different and subjective in a way that is not measurable or comparable.

Both MDMA doses from these two experiences were 200mg doses. I wonder if I took more like,, lets say 180 or 160mg that perhaps I would have more consistent results as the effects and hangover from more moderate doses seem to be more predictable. I also wonder if doing the “nexus flip” (mdma -> 2cb) somehow reduced the hangover.

These are just two experiences/examples but I feel that they represent two very different sides of a persons reaction to tripping post MDMA. I am curious what your guyses experiences with this are, and your thoughts on some of the stuff I wrote.

I have generally always had somewhat mixed experiences with taking MDMA the day before / prior to LSD or 4 sub tryptamines. (Particularly at festivals) The most recent time however, I came out of my roll and around 6-10 hours later, I had a very solid and euphoric trip. I felt very grounded in headspace and overall had a great experience on the second day of that festival. The only difference was that during this roll, I took 2cb around 4-5 hours in (first time “nexus flip”)

On a different occasion, I took a couple hits of lsd around 24 hours after I rolled. I felt drained, the trip felt pointless, and overall had a 3/10 experience. I will note that while both of these experiences were at events, I understand that each and every setting paired with your current “set” is different and subjective in a way that is not measurable or comparable.

Both MDMA doses from these two experiences were 200mg doses. I wonder if I took more like,, lets say 180 or 160mg that perhaps I would have more consistent results as the effects and hangover from more moderate doses seem to be more predictable. I also wonder if doing the “nexus flip” (mdma -> 2cb) somehow reduced the hangover.

These are just two experiences/examples but I feel that they represent two very different sides of a persons reaction to tripping post MDMA. I am curious what your guyses experiences with this are, and your thoughts on some of the stuff I wrote.
Bump

Since you seem eager for replies, i'll give you my opinion although i have no experience with combining these drug types.

Personally i would not do psychedelics shortly after an MDMA dose simply because i'm in no hurry to take such drugs and it doesn't seem like something that would enhance the experience in any special way, being slightly serotonin-depleted while tripping. Combining MDMA with a psychedelic is something i would consider, however. That has a point.

Last edited: