• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Thoughts on THC pipe resin?

George1012

Bluelighter
I normally smoke fresh good green buds and I have 3-4 different strains. My glass pipe was getting clogged so I had a sesh of just resin. I took three huge hits to clear my pipe and had an interesting ride. Its a lot harsher then buds thats for sure. I had a pretty intense high. I peaked for only forty minutes but it was really intense. The 'peak' of a resin high is more intense but shorter then buds. I haven't smoked resin in awhile so I got paranoid that I took in way more THC then usual. Now I feel sort of foggy and spacey and its been over four hours. I've come down probably ninety percent. How does resin compare to buds or dabs? I might be wrong but I've heard that resin is comparable to dabs or hash, probably why I got so high but it didn't last as long. Contrary also I've heard that resin isn't as strong. I'm thinking since everything gets mostly vaporized and most of that black tar left inside of the piece is a combination of THC, and butane.

Resin is nowhere near as potent as flower, so not sure how that was the case for you..... I personally need probably 5x more hits and still don't reach the same level in effects- but I do agree that the effects are MUCH shorter lasting.

But I do like having it around in case of emergency....like if I don't have flower for whatever reason.

-PA

cannabinoids change with heat and age. The cannabinoids in the flower that you smoke will not have the same make up as the pipe resin they produce when smoked.

There may be psychoactive THC in the pipe resin but a lot of it may have been converted to CBN.

Probably has to do with the fact that I've been smoking mainly sativa strains through this piece. I don't know maybe it doesn't actually matter, THC is THC after all.

Salutations,

Resin is nowhere near as potent as flower...

Because it's being BURNED in this present case, actually.

If it had been collected from a vaporizer instead then the golden cannabic condensate (or "honey") would cause a radical change of perspectives IMO!

After all, why burn the goodies when it could be spared for later reclaims instead?... But perhaps i'm simply misusing the word "resin". Yet i believe some consumption methods self-disqualify, starting with juxtapositions of smoking and the cigarette/"joint" format which implies self-poisoning by design! So, for reclaims it's clear glass works best, followed by ceramics then metal where needed. Wood is economical and convenient on top of being esthetical, though just don't over-heat it. Personally i'd experiment with a glass pipe of "Gandalf" shape, for ease of maintenance. VaporGenie has that as i recall, but mine would require serious remodelisation i must admit. I'm sure the goo would be comforting enough, nonetheless...

Good day, have fun!! =D

Salutations,

Because it's being BURNED in this present case, actually.

If it had been collected from a vaporizer instead then the golden cannabic condensate (or "honey") would cause a radical change of perspectives IMO!

After all, why burn the goodies when it could be spared for later reclaims instead?... But perhaps i'm simply misusing the word "resin". Yet i believe some consumption methods self-disqualify, starting with juxtapositions of smoking and the cigarette/"joint" format which implies self-poisoning by design! So, for reclaims it's clear glass works best, followed by ceramics then metal where needed. Wood is economical and convenient on top of being esthetical, though just don't over-heat it. Personally i'd experiment with a glass pipe of "Gandalf" shape, for ease of maintenance. VaporGenie has that as i recall, but mine would require serious remodelisation i must admit. I'm sure the goo would be comforting enough, nonetheless...

Good day, have fun!! =D

Heat and oxidation changes cannabinoids, thus even using a vaporizer would not preserve cannabinoids. THCA is converted to delta-9-THC and then to delta-8-THC and CBN.

Resin does get you high, but you have to have a piece that allows you to light it, or you're gonna have to do some scraping, which honestly is messy and no fun. Also, it is not as strong, so you have to take more hits and it often gives you a headache.

LES ABSENTS ONT TOUJOURS TORT, DIT-ON!...

So it seems i had to provide a reply, after all.

Heat and oxidation changes cannabinoids, thus even using a vaporizer would not preserve cannabinoids.

Please compare your numbers again after taking into account that i'm NOT using an OVENIZER, so to speak (...), though you'd need to get an idea what i'm refering to in the 1st place! Like it's about another consumption mode that's still about vaporization though it conforms to a radical change of concept, a pulse mode method/ritual for starters. So, take my word for it, the "resin" of a smoker or even a vaporizer leaves some large grey unexplored area which corresponds to what you'd collect from my vaporist pipe i presume, m'well if you ever care to try, that is. But in retrospective i'll thank you for the brief analysis...

My Release/Transport Agent ain't stationary, it's all based on motion implying the noble molecules leave my bowl the instant they become volatile. In the venerable Volcano the last bit of goodies only leaves its oven once the bag is full, after minutes while using my pipe i'm done in seconds. Consequently you remain on my "Keep Away" (ignore) list, nonetheless.

Good day, have fun!! =D

Food for trolls, from FuckCombustion and so many other alike places around...

It is literally garbage.

So true. It is literally the waste of a smoke session. Yet like garbage it contains some decrepit of sustenance

Paradises where the troll rules, where topic is optional. Etc., etc.

Hate me hard dude, i like YOU working against YOU right now.

You You You ... Me Me Me

So boring, and it's from what's supposed to be, what? Go on, qualify yourselves for a change, instead of others...

What's so great reading from trolls, i got to wonder. Only to learn that smoked resin is utterly awful, from clueless clowns to top it all, etc. Whatever, amen!

Now please crucify me!

4hcryvd.jpg

PouHa! Drama Queen they said...

Good day, have fun!! =D

Last edited:
LES ABSENTS ONT TOUJOURS TORT, DIT-ON!...

So it seems i had to provide a reply, after all.

Please compare your numbers again after taking into account that i'm NOT using an OVENIZER, so to speak (...), though you'd need to get an idea what i'm refering to in the 1st place! Like it's about another consumption mode that's still about vaporization though it conforms to a radical change of concept, a pulse mode method/ritual for starters. So, take my word for it, the "resin" of a smoker or even a vaporizer leaves some large grey unexplored area which corresponds to what you'd collect from my vaporist pipe i presume, m'well if you ever care to try, that is. But in retrospective i'll thank you for the brief analysis...

My Release/Transport Agent ain't stationary, it's all based on motion implying the noble molecules leave my bowl the instant they become volatile. In the venerable Volcano the last bit of goodies only leaves its oven once the bag is full, after minutes while using my pipe i'm done in seconds. Consequently you remain on my "Keep Away" (ignore) list, nonetheless.

Good day, have fun!! =D
If you are heating it enough to activate the THC to gain the psychoactive properties, you are changing the cannabinoids. You might want to take a look at some graphs that depict the change in cannabinoids, they are readily available on the internet.

Besides heat, THC is known to be unstable and all cannabinoids will change over time due to oxygen exposure.

Salutations,

If you are heating it enough to activate the THC to gain the psychoactive properties, you are changing the cannabinoids.

That's a big "if" IMHO, do you have any idea how i consume my THC exactly? Actually transit time in the heat stream is an absolute minimum, not to mention there's quite likely some heat removal done in a vortex located right under the bowl, on the other side... Maybe YOU might want to study how vaporizers are built a little more.

Euh, ah and it's only getting more "blond" as i tweak, which means the substrate gets heated even less than the months before, etc.

End of transmission.

Salutations,

That's a big "if" IMHO, do you have any idea how i consume my THC exactly? Actually transit time in the heat stream is an absolute minimum, not to mention there's quite likely some heat removal done in a vortex located right under the bowl, on the other side... Maybe YOU might want to study how vaporizers are built a little more.

Euh, ah and it's only getting more "blond" as i tweak, which means the substrate gets heated even less than the months before, etc.

End of transmission.

It you are talking about accumulated hash goo that builds up in a vape, I don't call that resin. It is very good to smoke in a dab rig or with a bong hit. A lot of hash oil residue/ reclaim builds up in my "Plenty" vaporizer by Storz and Bickel.

Last edited:
There have been many-a-time during times of no weed when resin seriously hit the spot. I don't think it's something that most casual tokers would enjoy, simply because it tastes bad, is gooey and messy, and sometimes leaves you with a headache. It tends toward the stoney side vis a vis physical effects, though I would classify it (not seriously, of course) as a kind of "dirty indica."

Nowadays, I still scrape out my resin and sometimes combine it with flower just for a change of pace. I love doing kief/resin bowls, especially when I'm trying to conserve my stash.

Salutations Vacuole,

...tastes bad, is gooey and messy, and sometimes leaves you with a headache.

Indeed, that's the type of resinous reclaims i don't miss. How could it feel "clean" when it begins with dirty consumption methods anyway?!

No, really "honey" describes what i got in mind so much better, actually!... %)

I love doing kief/resin bowls, especially when I'm trying to conserve my stash.

Blending can be fun until there's baking/burning involved IMO, avoid it if possible as that contaminates the rest of the goddies before it's all gone.

Good day, have fun!! =D

Salutations,

End of transmission.

...Ok, if you are not heating it enough for it to become psychoactive, it remains as THCA or THCVA and thus inactive. Decarboxylation is necessary whether ingesting or inhaling, so if you are getting the psychoactive effects(THC/THCV) then you have heated it enough for THCA/THVA to convert.

Over complication of facts does not make you more intelligent.. vaporizers function on a very simple premise which is easily understood by most.

Terrible, dreadful, sickatating stuff. Don't waste your precious lungs on that, there's so much better things to inhale. Be patient good stuff will come xxx