Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Thoughts on Star Trek Discovery?

Is Discovery worth watching? On a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the most positive. Thanks!

• 4 - Worth it, but not the best Star Trek series ever.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 - Probably not.

• I have no idea about what this thread is about.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VerbalTruist

Administrator
Staff member
So, I watched an episode or two and thought "I hope this gets better, but I wanted to wait and ask opinions before I put time any more time into it." I really enjoyed Picard, Voyager, TNG, Enterprise, TOS, as well as most of DS9. I have liked the modern set of movies that started with the cast of TNG up to the newer ones and the old ones, with a couple of exceptions. Something about the first couple of episodes of Discovery didn't do it for me, but I like science fiction and modern Star Trek especially. Does Discovery hold water with the other series? Which is most like? I loved Voyager, it is likely my favorite. What are your thoughts on Discovery?

Also, I included a poll. Why not? They're fun.

I have attempted to watch it a few times. What keeps turning me away is the heavy attention on the gay couple and their "love". Even gay people take issue with it.

I've yet to try and watch it. My other Trekkie friends have said I can entirely skip it, that the show is mostly just about drawing attention to how many women/people of color are on the show.

Ummmm, hello Paramount? Remember Voyager? Or DS9? We already had a black captain and a female captain. I guess we need a black female one now to come full circle?