• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin thoughts on regional tar and gunpowder

blackjesus

Bluelighter
hello guys, this may be heavily discussed here already im just wanting some quick opinions on california or west coast tar and gunpowder.

i had the fortune to be out in san francisco area for a week and my smack habit took me from texas to the tenderloin, when i finally got into a deal the first bag i recieved was a gram of very rock hard tar. when you chipped it, it broke into small fragment shards, imagine root beer candy,

back home our tar is very similar but it has a strangley low "melting point" again i have no scientific background so dont attack these observations (yet) but our tar seems to melt into a "jelly-like" form at room temperature, and is easier to coax into water soluble form this shit was rock solid and stayed that way. another thing i noticed was our tar actually has a stronger vinegar smell than theirs (i always deemed this a poor quality issue contrary to what i've read other users post)

the california tar was a bitch to get to melt down, granted i didnt have the luxury of a spoon (a mere hotel glass is all i had) i found that lighting the outside of the glass cup wouldnt melt it down very well and while bathing my legs in hot water to get rid of leg pains i found that the hot bath water and the "double boiler" of the cup in hot water melted the smack into a shootable form. i actually thought this would be a good indication of great smack

but the effects of this stuff didnt really get me high. and by this i mean that i've always considered our texas shit weak. but this california smack was just barely taking my withdrawals away (which is a godsend when your 60 hours in) no rush or anything and i would say about 30 mins in i finally started to feel a buzz.

so the next day i was back out on the street. the next evening i met a fellow who was selling point bags of what appeared to be dirt, i asked him wtf it was he said gunpowder, we went back to his crook and shot up and this stuff was better, well, different is a better description, this stuff i felt a rush but my leg pains were still there i read that "gunpowder" was actually fentanyl tainted with some kind of black cut to make it appear black-heroin-ish (i would have just kept it white)

do you have to know people out there to get good dope? i was mixing with the street people over there and thought the homeless would be the best place to get good drugs but apparently not.

and whats the deal with this gunpowder stuff is it heroin? fentanyl? both opiates were pretty damn weak and i was sick for most of the time out there

I'm from a different part of CA so i can't really say anything for certain about San Fransisco, but i know that I can't stand the tar out here, i mean the tar that comes in chunks like that. I definitely prefer getting balloons. The regular tar(that comes in larger chunks)usually won't do much for me. It'll usually get me well and after a while sometimes I'll get a little nod going but there's no rush and if I'm in the mindset of "this won't get me well" then I usually don't feel completely well until a minute or two after I did the shot.

And as for gunpowder, never heard of it, sorry.

Real gunpowder is way more potent then regular tar in my opinion. Im a California native living in Honolulu, Hawaii now and I used to be able to get good tar in Cali. Never heard of gunpowder where I was though (San Diego) but when I moved out here I met this older white dude that had this powdery brown dope. He said it was gunpowder. I smoke it usually so after a few hits I was blown away by how high I was and how clean the trails were. Usually tar leaves a black nasty trail behind it but this one left a smooth lighter colored trail. If you are saying the gunpowder you got wasn't potent I don't think it was legit gunpowder or it was cut with something. I've heard that it is cut with lactose and pulverized into the gunpowder, but im not too sure. All I know is that it's the best dope on the West Coast/Hawaii that I can get.

In Denver, there are two differences in dope.
"Pager dope" and "Hondo dope".

Pager dope is called that because you call these guys and they instruct you where to meet them. You often wait. But their dope is the best. It usually comes as gunpowder or in very dark black sticky Heroin rapped in balloons and foil. These guys are organized and don't take any shit. The person you talk to on the phone is never the guy you deal with. You can easily OD on this shit.

Hondo dope is sold by the Hondurans. Its mixed with sugar and looks like root beer candy. This stuff is usually crap unless you seriously have NO habit. These guys are a dime a dozen. You find them anywhere dope is sold on the streets. When one gets popped, 2 more pop up.

That's crazy I didn't know it was like that out in Denver. Sounds like I found the pager dope except I met the connect! Fuck yeah :) At first I was getting insanely cut tar probably similar to the "Hundo Dope" that would barely get me high and this was when I had a low tolerance. So the first time I tried the Gun Pow I was insanely rocked lol puked my guts out for a bit too.

I'm in SD and it's been tough out here finding it since I moved from Rochester NY. When I do find tar it's usually pretty good. I just wish there was more of an open air market here. None that I have really seen at least. I'm new to this forum so if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be quite helpful. As to where to maybe go or whatever. I'm right near downtown San Diego.

^ We cannot help you find drugs, no sourcing of any kind allowed on BL. You can however check out NSASDD to get an idea of how the H scene in San Diego is. That's probably where this thread is going to end up anyways.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/138-North-amp-South-American-Social-amp-Drug-Discussion

Having lived in the houston region of texas as well as the LA region of cali I've found that the tar out here, in general, has always been way more potent. Of course that doesn't mean much as product quality varies not only from region to region, but also person to person. It just seemed like the coke and heroin of texas was always incredibly cut, problems I haven't run into in cali (at least no where near the level of the houston area). The tar I usually get and see is a semi-transparent amber glass looking solid that softens when touching it a lot. Haven't had any problems breaking it down in the past. Not sure how the norcal scene is but if you're not satisfied I would say keep looking.

That Hondo dope is exactly how it is in downtown Salt lake city, hondurans all over lol