View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Thoughts on MDA and psylocibin mushroom combination

S

Sassafrass95

Sorry to the mods, I don't know where this post should go. I was thinking of mixing MDA and some shrooms. This is because the past two times I've tripped I've lost almost all control, lost touch with reality, and made the time rather unpleasant for my friends. Both trips were so intense that I don't remember most of the trips, but I do think that they were somewhat unpleasant due to the intensity and loss of control. I was wondering if the amphetamine effects of MDA would help with clarity of mind, as even on a .3 of MDA I felt very in control and euphoric. I would also think the euphoria would help propagate a positive trip. However, I have a concern about coming down from the MDA before the mushies. I would greatly appreciate some feedback, especially from those experienced with this combo. Thanks in advance everyone :)

I'm going to be kinda cliche here and say that maybe you should find out why you're losing control on mushrooms. How much are you eating at once? Try easing into the trip by only taking ~1-1.5g, waiting an hour or so, see where you're at, and add more if you want. Many people seem to think eating an eighth all at once is necessary for them to "work", which couldn't be more false.

Also, MDA is a psychedelic, so if you're losing touch with reality on mushrooms, MDA will probably not help this. The amphetamine effects, while euphoric on their own, will make everything move faster and harder in your body and brain, which will even further make the mushrooms stronger.

All in all, for your purposes, I'd say adding MDA would be ill-advised.

Then perhaps a hippy flip instead, meaning MDMA and shrooms? On my second trip I took ~1.5g of shrooms although as a side note my dealer only has extremely high quality stuff, especially his mushrooms. I tend to think that I simply have a low tolerance for psylocibin as I've taken at least 200ug of LSD (probably more) as well as smoked at least 14g of good quality weed on top of that and had a wonderful time.

Then perhaps a hippy flip instead, meaning MDMA and shrooms? On my second trip I took ~1.5g of shrooms although as a side note my dealer only has extremely high quality stuff, especially his mushrooms. I tend to think that I simply have a low tolerance for psylocibin as I've taken at least 200ug of LSD (probably more) as well as smoked at least 14g of good quality weed on top of that and had a wonderful time.
MDMA is a filthy-ass drug compared to MDA. MDA is the ULTIMATE EMPATHOGEN.

Whenever you take MDMA some of it is metabolized into MDA- that's what the true source of any hallucinations on MDMA is, just so you know. Do you have any experience mixing the two?

That sounds like a hell of an intense trip. May not be a good idea. Psychedelics potentiate eachother. If you do go through with it, dose low.

MDA is nice and all but it's hardly an effective anxiolytic for mushroom freakouts... the stimulant effect will only make things worse. It's also very psychedelic and intense.
This does sound like a fun combo but definitely not a good idea if you don't want a very intense trip.

It is a fun combo, but can get intense, so not what you're looking for. I've seen a friend freak out from MDA alone. Try taking like .25-.5 of xanax a little bit before taking the shrooms.

I have a high benzodiazapine tolerance. I sometimes take 4mg to get anything aside from the anti anxiety effects, much do you think I should take?

I have a high benzodiazapine tolerance. I sometimes take 4mg to get anything aside from the anti anxiety effects, much do you think I should take?
If you want to 'premedicate' with something before tripping, I would strongly recommend 120-150mg codeine with some promethazine (or other 1st gen antihistamine). IME this combo kills psychedelic-induced anxiety and physical side effects, plus it's extremely euphoric. Normally I don't even like codeine that much (I much prefer GABA-ergics for recreational purposes), but for some reason it feels absolutely awesome when I'm tripping and really adds to the experience.

Soma and GHB also combine nicely with psychedelics. Xanax is crap... get your hands on some GHB if you're after a short-acting anxiolytic.

I mixed MDA with LSD a couple weeks ago (wrote about it in the trip reports forum). It got really intense, and MDA seems to increase psychotic type stuff that goes on. At some point mid-trip I took a little xanax which helped calm the intensity a bit. The mix was amazing though, and it would probably be an intensely beautiful trip mixed with shrooms too but I would keep some benzo's on hand just in case :)

It could go either way, either it could make you feel in control or the psychedelic effects could syngerize with the mushrooms and amplify the trip and leave you dysphoric.
I'd try to figure out the cause of your uncomfortable mushrooms trips; as a general rule adding more drugs in attempt to combat a problem caused by being too high is a pretty bad idea

Why do you say that MDMA is filthy but not MDA? Don't they make both of them in haz mat suits?
In response to the op If I were you, I would just eat the shrooms and skip the unnatural stuff, but if u must try MDA I would recommend a half a pill or a half a point of crystal and a shroom and a half

Last edited:
Maybe you should just try lower dose like 1.5g of the mushies?? How much was consumed prior to said freekouts??

*Side not*did you ever test the mda to confirm it was mda??
That's a huge dose and would probably make the mushroom freak out way worse.

Why do you say that MDMA is filthy but not MDA? Don't they make both of them in haz mat suits?
In response to the op If I were you, I would just eat the shrooms and skip the unnatural stuff, but if u must try MDA I would recommend a half a pill or a half a point of crystal and a shroom and a half
Idiot.

What makes you think MDMA is a dirty drug exactly? Isn't MDA more neurotoxic?

And I think a lot of people would say 6-apb is superior to either. Personally I love MDMA.

What makes you think MDMA is a dirty drug exactly? Isn't MDA more neurotoxic?

And I think a lot of people would say 6-apb is superior to either. Personally I love MDMA.

MDA is simply better than MDMA. The mechanism of neurotoxicity of MDA or MDMA isn't known in any way, and even if the theory of metabolysis to alpha-methyldopeamine was true, it wouldn't make a noticeable effect unless you are hardcore abusing the drugs.

What would make people think 6-apb is superior? I tested some stuff sold as MDA and it turned out to be 6-apb. The effects aren't nearly as noticeable as MDA, which has easily become my favorite.