• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Thoughts on FDAs latest attempt to ban Kratom, Phenibut, etc?

Mycophile

Bluelighter
Well, I haven't been on here in over a year, but what does everyone think about the FDAs latest low down attempt to GLOBALLY ban Kratom, Phenibut and several other substances by getting the World Health Organization involved?

Do you guys think we can beat this again or do you think they are actually going to succeed in a literal world wide ban of Kratom and Phenibut?

I'd be beyond pissed, but they've failed every time they've tried so far.

And mods, if this is the wrong place for this you can put it in another sub forum.

I sure hope they don't succeed. Not so much for me but in principle. I said it elsewhere but they are doing it to assert their regulatory authority and augment funding.

I take around 4g/night of phenibut so it will be tricky for me. Sick of phenibut though so i could use a push. I just bought an extra kilo just in case. Phenibut sucks, i never enjoyed the stuff, only got on it after the mind boggling insomnia that occurred after quiting gabapentin. I slept max two hours a night for 90 days and gave in. That was 6 years ago.

I sure hope they don't succeed. Not so much for me but in principle. I said it elsewhere but they are doing it to assert their regulatory authority and augment funding.

I take around 4g/night of phenibut so it will be tricky for me. Sick of phenibut though so i could use a push. I just bought an extra kilo just in case. Phenibut sucks, i never enjoyed the stuff, only got on it after the mind boggling insomnia that occurred after quiting gabapentin. I slept max two hours a night for 90 days and gave in. That was 6 years ago.
What do you mean by "they are doing it to assert their regulatory authority and augment funding"?

Like, they just want to prove they a strong organization and get money from other agencies?

For Kratom I've always thought it was all about it being a threat to big pharma and the pain management industry as that's worth probably billions of dollars, but for Phenibut I'm not sure as to why they care so much.

I love both substances.

I mean Phenibut is obviously very addictive but I've always known that and kept it to no more than 2 days a week max and used in that way I like it a lot.

I haven't even used either in over a month now.

But on principle too I can't believe "they" haven't given up on pretty much ever trying to make anything else illegal.

It's like we made progress on weed and it's coming on shrooms in some places too and I think in many ways there are more people than ever from both sides of the political spectrum opposed to drugs being illegal but they just never quit trying to keep that useless "war" going...

What do you mean by "they are doing it to assert their regulatory authority and augment funding"?

Like, they just want to prove they a strong organization and get money from other agencies?

For Kratom I've always thought it was all about it being a threat to big pharma and the pain management industry as that's worth probably billions of dollars, but for Phenibut I'm not sure as to why they care so much.

I love both substances.

I mean Phenibut is obviously very addictive but I've always known that and kept it to no more than 2 days a week max and used in that way I like it a lot.

I haven't even used either in over a month now.

But on principle too I can't believe "they" haven't given up on pretty much ever trying to make anything else illegal.

It's like we made progress on weed and it's coming on shrooms in some places too and I think in many ways there are more people than ever from both sides of the political spectrum opposed to drugs being illegal but they just never quit trying to keep that useless "war" going...

They exist to regulate drugs, so it becomes an agency issue ultimately (in the legal sense of the word agency): are they serving as agent of public good or the agents of their organization? The DEA also in this regard. Entrenched bureaucracy essentially.

Kratom is in the interest of public good, phenibut probably hurts more than it helps but should be available. Problem is they also mixed it in with stuff like brorphine and some synth noid.

Personally I don't think any of this stuff should be banned but thats simply because its an uphill battle and waste of resources.

My prediction, kratom decisions will be postponed indefinitely due to such momentum from the opposite side that rarely happens. The DE A back off added to that momentum.

We've done good over the years. Honestly with all the scares over the years and stock ups I stocked up too many times and now I am tapering off only because it is my time. But I want kratom available for others like it was available to me since 2005. I should be dead. I would have OD'd on this f*cking shit fentanyl from the street. In fact I have no idea why I am still alive but thanks Kratom. :)

I really wish every heroin addict would give their dealers the finger until real heroin comes back and not only sometimes. Fentanyl has to go.

Ok here is where I expose myself. I believe in visualization. When the DE A thing came up in 2016 I sent in my story, sat cross legged on my bed with my back straight and just totally visualized kratom being safe. I put a lot of light into that. So far so good. ;) I use to be negative and say to myself no way but since we did have wins I am a believer in GOOD things now

Don't underestiate our momentum that we create from all of us as opposed to a few misguided FDA people. We are stronger. In fact because I am alive I have joined the fights. Put out the good vibes on this. Watch us win yet again. So much mometum I can even feel it here.

Edit: Phenibut? If you use stock up. Although I am not sure how this works, does it make it illegal or just illegal to import and export? If that is the case within the US there are a lot of suppliers. One of my 100 gram tubs I still have from 5 years ago but may get another. I don't use it much but it is synthetic and much easier to ban. So if you use or are addicted I would stock up. Yet I get the feeling everything will still be available. I am thinking etizolam too will be available. We are a clever group!

Last edited:
My country for FAR too long has profited off of the suffering of MILLIONS. Millions and unrepairable trauma/damage beyond comprehension from the lives taken with the opiate epidemic. People knee deep in kratom withdrawal will be desperately sick and go right for the oxy/heroin more times than most would think. They're desperate for relief even if temporarily and then discover a stronger/better high with more life damage to add to the mix. Also kratom is pain relief without any overdose factor. Many are on it to assist pain relief conditions that would flock for relief from the physical pain and the withdrawal to boot.

And phenibut withdrawal could produce > alcohol/benzo addicts. They better not succeed. I genuinely care about the lives lost from the opiate epidemic and know how many more are yet to come. I want someone to just please for once do something about how many Americans are turning into heroin overdose statistics because they gave the public no options besides stone cold oxy/percocet and the worse. Its on them though. I'm sure every now and then those responsible for the opiate epidemic suddenly start to think about the lives they've taken from my country. I bet it hits hard. American pharma and crooked doctors/politicians put us in this position. The least they could do is stop this kratom ban and start to advertise more treatment meds like suboxone/methadone in a non-lets-get-them hooked way. Like someone please! Lol. Helping addicts and not creating more does not make up for what they have done, but it at least redeems some of it and finally.. someone cared.

My country for FAR too long has profited off of the suffering of MILLIONS. Millions and unrepairable trauma/damage beyond comprehension from the lives taken with the opiate epidemic. People knee deep in kratom withdrawal will be desperately sick and go right for the oxy/heroin more times than most would think. They're desperate for relief even if temporarily and then discover a stronger/better high with more life damage to add to the mix. Also kratom is pain relief without any overdose factor. Many are on it to assist pain relief conditions that would flock for relief from the physical pain and the withdrawal to boot.

And phenibut withdrawal could produce > alcohol/benzo addicts. They better not succeed. I genuinely care about the lives lost from the opiate epidemic and know how many more are yet to come. I want someone to just please for once do something about how many Americans are turning into heroin overdose statistics because they gave the public no options besides stone cold oxy/percocet and the worse. Its on them though. I'm sure every now and then those responsible for the opiate epidemic suddenly start to think about the lives they've taken from my country. I bet it hits hard. American pharma and crooked doctors/politicians put us in this position. The least they could do is stop this kratom ban and start to advertise more treatment meds like suboxone/methadone in a non-lets-get-them hooked way. Like someone please! Lol. Helping addicts and not creating more does not make up for what they have done, but it at least redeems some of it and finally.. someone cared.
I'm also from the U.S., and I agree with everything you said and the fact is that IMO those responsible for the opioid epidemic (and it's NOT the street dealers...) don't give 2 shits.

Big pharma, the FDA and DEA and other parts of government are all in this together and it's all about money and power.

Like, most of the states where Kratom is illegal are red states where you'd expect it but you know what's fucked up? It's illegal in VERMONT, bluest of the blue states with Bernie Sanders as governor.

And the reason is there's a lot of heroin addicts in Vermont and somehow someone was convinced that Kratom made the situation WORSE when in fact it would have made it better, and I knew a heroin addict who died of a heroin/fentanyl overdose in Vermont and he wanted to quit but just couldn't and Kratom maybe could have made that possible for him. I don't know if he knew what it even was (he probably did I'm guessing) or if it was illegal before he died, but it's just fucked.

I'm also from the U.S., and I agree with everything you said and the fact is that IMO those responsible for the opioid epidemic (and it's NOT the street dealers...) don't give 2 shits.

Big pharma, the FDA and DEA and other parts of government are all in this together and it's all about money and power.

Like, most of the states where Kratom is illegal are red states where you'd expect it but you know what's fucked up? It's illegal in VERMONT, bluest of the blue states with Bernie Sanders as governor.

And the reason is there's a lot of heroin addicts in Vermont and somehow someone was convinced that Kratom made the situation WORSE when in fact it would have made it better, and I knew a heroin addict who died of a heroin/fentanyl overdose in Vermont and he wanted to quit but just couldn't and Kratom maybe could have made that possible for him. I don't know if he knew what it even was (he probably did I'm guessing) or if it was illegal before he died, but it's just fucked.
What? I'm not even american and I know thats wrong.

EDIT: after a quick google search I see the governor of vermont is actually a republican

Last edited:
Well, I haven't been on here in over a year, but what does everyone think about the FDAs latest low down attempt to GLOBALLY ban Kratom, Phenibut and several other substances by getting the World Health Organization involved?

Do you guys think we can beat this again or do you think they are actually going to succeed in a literal world wide ban of Kratom and Phenibut?

I'd be beyond pissed, but they've failed every time they've tried so far.

And mods, if this is the wrong place for this you can put it in another sub forum.
They got a few things banned this way via WHO and international banning. Kratom I think is a mistake, however they can require a card, 50 bucks a 30 minute seminar on how to use it responsibly (ofc not everyone will anyways )

Phenibut I know nothing about, I hear it acts on GABA its a precursor? gets you high or just relaxes like 5thp and citicoline?

My prediction, kratom decisions will be postponed indefinitely due to such momentum from the opposite side that rarely happens. The DE A back off added to that momentum.

Edit: Phenibut? If you use stock up. Although I am not sure how this works, does it make it illegal or just illegal to import and export? If that is the case within the US there are a lot of suppliers. One of my 100 gram tubs I still have from 5 years ago but may get another. I don't use it much but it is synthetic and much easier to ban. So if you use or are addicted I would stock up. Yet I get the feeling everything will still be available. I am thinking etizolam too will be available. We are a clever group!
it is legal to have possesion currently, although technically illegal to take it.

What? I'm not even american and I know thats wrong.

EDIT: after a quick google search I see the governor of vermont is actually a republican
You're right I was confused lol. I really meant that Bernie Sanders is a senator from Vermont but actually I had thought he was the governor which shows how much i know lol.

But regardless of Vermont having a republican governor they are most definitely a blue state no question about it in terms of the way they vote and also their governor is pretty good as far as republicans go.

Really?

But it was always Bernie Sanders I thought?

He must have been before...I meant Vermont is still a blue state but I'm confused.

Obviously I haven't been paying enough attention lol.
the more in between states often have republican govs. Mitt Romeny was Gov of MA, offtopic, but its due to the state tax cutting. FL has no income taxes and couldn't be happier.

They got a few things banned this way via WHO and international banning. Kratom I think is a mistake, however they can require a card, 50 bucks a 30 minute seminar on how to use it responsibly (ofc not everyone will anyways )

Phenibut I know nothing about, I hear it acts on GABA its a precursor? gets you high or just relaxes like 5thp and citicoline?
What do you mean "they can require a card, seminar, etc."?

Who can?

You mean they might not be able to make it illegal but require that kind of stuff?

And yes it gets you high and relaxes you. I like it a lot.

I've never taken 5htp or citicoline so I don't know but Phenibut most definitely gets you VERY high lol.

the more in between states often have republican govs. Mitt Romeny was Gov of MA, offtopic, but its due to the state tax cutting. FL has no income taxes and couldn't be happier.
Yeah i edited my post.

But Vermont is still a blue state regardless of its governor. I mean they always vote blue in elections.

What do you mean "they can require a card, seminar, etc."?

Who can?

You mean they might not be able to make it illegal but require that kind of stuff?

And yes it gets you high and relaxes you. I like it a lot.

I've never taken 5htp or citicoline so I don't know but Phenibut most definitely gets you VERY high lol.
I am saying if the Govt is gonna hardline try to outlaw them, maybe make it a medical card system like medical marijuana, just a silly idea, personally just leave it as it is.

5htp and citicoline don't really get you high, just get for your neuron health and can relax you. 5htp specifically, can be very important to your serotonin uptake. Anyways offtopic here, catch yall later.

Well it looks like the AKA won their lawsuit against the FDA to re-open the comment period so that's a REALLY good thing so EVERYONE who likes Kratom and wants it to stay legal should go to their website and sign and leave comments about why it should stay legal!

I think that's a good sign they may not pull it off.

Simple. They are afraid of Kratom. They are afraid it will take money out of big pharmas pockets because it works so well for many people. Watch and see what happens if that materializes.