• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Thoughts on DHEA?

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
I’m curious what some here think on DHEA? It sounds like something I may want to supplement with especially given my past cancer history. I saw research that my DHEA may drop faster than average.

I’m curious if anyone here has, what did you notice? I’ve tried it in acute dosages here and there with good effects but scared to take any hormone long term.

Will I shut down my body’s natural production? That’s my biggest question.

-GC

I’m curious what some here think on DHEA? It sounds like something I may want to supplement with especially given my past cancer history. I saw research that my DHEA may drop faster than average.

I’m curious if anyone here has, what did you notice? I’ve tried it in acute dosages here and there with good effects but scared to take any hormone long term.

Will I shut down my body’s natural production? That’s my biggest question.

-GC
I was told by my doctor to start taking DHEA for the purposes of facilitating pregnancy. Apparently it can help if you have a diminished ovarian reserve.

“Some researchers believe that taking this hormone in supplement form (typically made from soy or wild yams) can improve fertility in women. One study examined how taking this fertility supplement affected the pregnancy rates of patients who had previous IVF cycle failure due to poor egg quality. The results showed that women who took DHEA for fertility had a higher chance of having a live birth than patients who did not use this supplement. The researchers couldn't identify how this hormone led to improved pregnancy and birth rates.”

Source: https://txfertility.com/fertility-treatments/dhea-for-fertility/