• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

thoughts on a paperless and coinless money society?

1) if they take away currency. it will elminate most crimes. People rob houses looking for jewerly, money and stuff like that.. you cant sell them to a store anymore or get any type of reimburstment. it will take away crime cause you dont wanna be traced easily. that will eliminate most of your criminals stealing for drugs as they see it will be hard to get drugs out of the merchandise. what drug dealer would want a t.v for pills?

Drugs, stealing and money are the whole justice system... take money out.. that takes stealing away cause there is no benefit to it. then you cant get drugs cause of no money....

no justice system really in the end

^
the crimes would stay the same, fraud would just be added to the list of charges.

and though most crime is commited b/c of money, ridding money will not stop crime, some crimes are commited out of passion/hate too ya know?

they aren't taking away currency. only the physical media would dissapear.

now, you ask, how can i buy something at joe shmoe's garage sale?

via atm/smart cards and personal readers.

nice to see everyone reading the end of the world into this, as usual. can someone explain to me how any of this equals a mark on your forehead?

Originally posted by SoHiAllTheTime
You know the infamous number 666. The bible clearly states that no man will be able to buy or sell without the mark on their hand or forehead. Sounds like a coinless monetary system to me.

what nonsense. i bought a latte today and i do not have such a mark on my hand or forehead. and i used coins. so there :p

Originally posted by SoHiAllTheTime
...nobody is willing to actually open their eyes and be openminded to the possibility of the Bible actually predicting this accurately.

if your definition of "accurately" is "extremely vaguely" then i'm definitely open to the idea :)

alasdair

Last edited:
COZ the types of crime you refer too are tied into resource limitations - not 'money'.

people will trade aspects of economic identity for physical valuables....

physical valuables (i.e. jewelry) will increase in value....

Last edited:
how will drugs be pushed and sold to users??? will this be another way the government can keep track of us? will this be the final blow to win the "war on drugs"?
Shit now you scared me ... hehehe

^
there's no way that'd become fully trackable..

what are they going to do when parents give their kids allowance? or yard sales? or small business that doesn't want to pay for credit machines? mom/pop shop BBQ resturants for instance, or collectibles trading card shops? Concession stands at pools? a child's lemonade stand?

how about the amount of fund raisers and shit that are done on site, not in a building.

Or buying drinks at a major concert (cash only)? can you use plastic at sporting events for hotdogs now (honestly i don't know)

How about arcades? or .. those machines in grocery stores and convience stores... where 25-50 cents gets a kid gum, or some toy?

what about the businesses that force the dollar amount you must spend before using credit/debit? (CompUSA to name one)

it'd be a massive haul over..and a shit load of complications. It'd be sad to think the government would have to set up an national wireless network to keep remote sales going..whether childish (such as bake sales.)or on a real level such as various cash only fundraisers (or club admitance)

Once all that is taken into consideration...moving money around to make illegal purchases wouldn't seem like such a hard thing to do. That's a shitload of transactions that would have to be under someone's eye, and lets face it, you couldn't man a team large enough, nor efficient enough to monitor that amount of transactions day after day after day.

By the way...taxis are cash only too right? public transportation too...

as i know vending machines in europe and japan can accept credit.. and even be accessed by cell phones, but how long has america itself fought off that notion?

I think that if instead of a monitary system, a trade and barter system was implimented COUPLED with a totally enlightened society, there'd be no negative aspects that I could think of. See, you've got to have both things to make the equation work.

Trade and barter system

+

Totally enlightened (and respectful) society

=

No problems.

BUT

Trade and barter system

+

The society we have now (People strive for power, money, and material things)

=

Totally biased outcome. (You've got this product that I want, I have a product that you NEED and that only I have, so you'll HAVE to trade me.)

If everyone was "enlightened"... would the term hold the same meaning? and would the earth be exciting enough to live? or merely exist?

Beyond that... the "society we have now".. really is just advanced repeats of history. I believe humanity has the power to escape our cyclic social constructions/deconstructions, but its highly improbable that it'll ever occur..

You're talking about a big "if" there...which, its ok to dream ..hell i encourage it, but it doesn't make for good arguement.

how would kids be paid allowance? kids would have to have bank accounts.

parents would transfer funds into the account weekly :)

Have you been to Seoul? They have payment systems that do not involve credit/debit cards - you accessyour bank account via your cellphone and the merchant has a piece of hardware that facilitates the transfer of funds.

just need the HW in place to do the transactions....

We already have a trade and barter system. We trade and barter with money. Money that is used to represent material goods and services.

Where do you think the concept of using small tokens to represent goods came from. When people used to trade a 10 chickens for a cow they realised that it was inefficient and a pain in the ass to keep 10 chickens in their pocket at all times incase they want to buy a cow. They replaced the chickens and cows with tokens that are easy to carry around.

Money is just a means of storing the value of something (your worker output and material things) in a smaller form. When the use of cash money becomes almost non-existent, things will still have value. You'll just store that value (like you do now) in a bank and transfer that value (like you do now) with a smart card.

Also I think that a paperless and coinless society will be a good thing as long as people's privacy is protected. This is the absolute most important thing when it comes to companies that hold our personal data.

The cost of processing electronic transactions is next to nothing. In 4 years I think I've only been to a teller 4 times as I always use the atm to deposit checks. I try not to use cash at all because I can track where all my money goes online.

kewl said:
how would kids be paid allowance? kids would have to have bank accounts.

parents would transfer funds into the account weekly :)

Have you been to Seoul? They have payment systems that do not involve credit/debit cards - you accessyour bank account via your cellphone and the merchant has a piece of hardware that facilitates the transfer of funds.

just need the HW in place to do the transactions....

Whether it be banking services, or cell phones, is it fair of a government to force an industry on you?

So if you don't have a cellphone.. you can't participate in the economy? and what other faults are there? What if you *need* to purchase something and you can't get a signal?

I tried to find a post worth responding to (talking about all the posts that referred to me and what i said) but none were nothing but school yard cheap shot jokes. The worst thing about it is that NONE of you have actually read or studied the book that you are refutting. That simply amazes me when that happens. Imagine if i was telling you that something i have never read was wrong. Or, if i said that something wasnt in the book (that i never read) that actually was in the book and you knew it was in the book because you read the book. You would call me every name in the book and tell me how ignorant i am...Well thats exactly what you all look like to me. Its funny actually. lol

Like i said, this has been predicted by christians for 1000's of years. Just like we predicted that Israel would be a nation again for 1000,s of years. You people are blind, buts thats ok, i am hear to tell you the truth this way you will be held accountable on judgement day for not receiving the truth. Have a nice day :)

hey, shatt....read the bible. in fact, in my college, it was a required class. didn't give a shit then, don't give a shit now. whoever said it was a fairy tale isn't far from the truth imo.

i asked: please explain how the "mark of the beast" somehow equals a paperless and coinless society, sohi.

apparently asking you to explain your opinion is a "school yard cheap shot joke." here is your chance; i will remind you that you have several times told us that the bible should be interpreted literally.